“Glen”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
“Glen”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Very nice place to sit outside! Great service and food! I can recommend the restrauant and there is a nice place around the corner which is quiet for coffee.

• Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Warriors Mark
“Friendly welcome, outstanding food!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

My son and I just visited Istanbul for five days and the Izmir was a couple blocks up the street from us in Fatih. We were greeted on the first night by a group of very stylish and smiling men who saw to our every whim. They compete across the street with another restaurant which seemed empty at times and raucous at others. We ate here four times over our stay and dropped by for drinks and snacks two other times. The treatment was the same each time; enthusiastic and efficient. We never waited for our food, and when it came it was tasty and cooked just right. I would strongly recommend Izmir to all my firneds.

• Visited April 2014
Moscow, Russia
“Not only tax scam - they improved it!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The two of us visited the place for a lunch.
The waiter brought us a bill of 73 liras when it should have been around 60!
I asked for a menu and saw tho things:
1. they included a fake "tax" of 6 liras
2. the waiter wrote 16 for a dish which actually cost 10, with a 6 looking similar to a zero
I asked him to change it from 16 to 10, which he did, and I wasn't in the mood to argue about the tax, so I just paid 67 liras which I would have paid anyway (for me 10% tip is customary).
However, the lunch was ruined.
I sure do NOT recommend the place.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank bendertheoffender
Wales
“Good Food at a Good Price”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Food was good and given the location exceptionally reasonable. We had paid more in the cafeteria style cafes down past the cisterns than we did here. The service was good and the staff were friendly . Would recommend and certainly return.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Georgiarose
Vancouver, Canada
“tax scam!”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My friends and I are travelers from Canada and we are quite obviously tourists in Istanbul. We've been in Turkey for 9 days already so we knew there was no tax on food. When our bill came, the server who had up to this time been very nice, specifically told us the service tax was not included in the bill, and we could see there was a tips box displayed. But, in the MIDDLE (not the bottom) of our itemized bill, was a tax charge of roughly 10% of our total bill. When asked, the server said that was the tax. We pointed out that we have never paid any type of tax at any of the other restaurants we've eaten at, but he kept repeating that was the tax charge. As we were 4 females and not wanting any kind of trouble, we told tbe server we were paying the bill which included the bogus "tax", but nothing else. It was a shame, the food wasn't bad, the service was good, but the tax scam left a nasty taste in our mouths. We told people in our tour group about our experience, and will make sure our tour guide warns future tourists about this place.

Visited October 2013