“Ata Kutahya the best place for ceramics in Istanbul”
Review of ATA Kutahya - CLOSED

ATA Kutahya
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the small shops of the Arasta Bazaar. There is ceramics and quartz stuf. All staf made by turkısh artists and traditional technique.
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I had the chance to stop by ARASTA BAZAR next to the Blue Mosque after visiting Grand Bazar and find a very nice store for ceramics and handcrafts called ATA KUTAHYA! It was an amazing experience, they have beautiful tiles and ceramics in there and the shopkeeper Mr Gunduz Alp is a fantastic person, very nice and special person who makes us feel very confortable in there! He has a very different style from the pushy salespeople on the others Bazars, and I could say that he knows the real meaning of good hospitality! I recomend ATA Kutahya store very much! Danielle Figueiredo - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

8  Thank danielleBrazil

Reviewed August 1, 2011

I'd found Jennifer's Hamam and an hour of unfolding piece upon piece...each more beautiful than the next...so many beautiful towels, scarves, robes and table cloths...I needed a few minutes break so I could go back with a clear head and decide on 4 or 5 instead of the 12 I'd selected. Ceramics are abundant in Istanbul, but stepping into ATA, like stepping into Jennifer's Hamam...you feel there's something different. Gundaz Alp met with with a smile and proceeded to help me make my way through about 7 perfect ceramic bowls. I'm Italian, so a big beautiful bowl to serve friends and family...it's a special part of any woman's table. Gundus saw I was frazzled. He could see I was confused by so many beautiful choices. He knocked on each bowl so I could hear the sound echo; the sign of a good quality piece. He told me a story about each design...in the end, I wound up with the perfect traditional Turkish bowl with concentric circles interwoven to illustrate the path or our lives and those of our families and loved ones...how they all overlap into one. Arasta Bazaar is something you can not leave Istanbul without visiting...if it's just to visit Jennifer and to have a cup of tea with Gunduz. This is the real Turkish hospitality...the real experience!

5  Thank Marimomoe
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We looked up Tripadvisor before going to Istanbul and found ATA Kuthaya store and Guduz here on Tripadvisor. Of all the reviews we read, this was the most interesting. So we decided to visit this little shop and the shopkeep Gunduz Alp Gunes. When we arrived at the store we were greeted by the most kind and wonderful smile of Gunduz. He is truly an amazing young man. We weren't really looking to buy anything however my wife and I were looking to buy some ceramics for ourselves and as gifts and we ended up doing all our shopping from Gunduz. In fact it was Gunduz's wonderful hospitality, his no pressure sales technique and all the great history lessons that we kept coming back to visit. We visited him several times while we were in Istanbul and we also took him out to dinner one night. What an experience. Our visit to Istanbul wouldn't have been the same without visiting Gunduz and his shop.

8  Thank S0hail
Reviewed May 17, 2011

ATA Ceramic is a great shop in the Arasta Bazaar. The owner is most helpful in a pleasant, low-key way. This is a totally different experience than being badgered by shopboyz in the other bazaars. I bought several beautiful large coffee cups, Iznik design, as working mementos of Istanbul. The stock is complete enough to find the practical ceramics you will want to take home and enjoy for years.

7  Thank LuvTravelGurl
Reviewed April 22, 2011

IZNIK Ceramic Kutahya, located in the Arasta Bazzar No: 125, just near the Blue mosque.
Beautiful ceramics what a shame that I will be keeping all my give aways, but what I will be recommending to my family and friends is they visit this shop.
Not only did I learn about the history and culture of Turkey but also got to sip tea with one very amazing person- Gunduz Alp Gunes.
Every time I look at my beautiful treasures I smile and think yes "Life is good".

7  Thank marry_gypsy_lady