“Ok but nothing special”

Crowne Plaza Istanbul - Harbiye
Ranked #334 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
“Ok but nothing special”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here on business for 3 days, most of the staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and the free wifi good, I ate twice in the resturant one meal was good (sea bass) and the other average, there is a second "Mediteranian resturant but I never tried this.The area the hotel is situated is pretty grim but taxi's are reasonably cheap and all use the meter.
It is about 45 minutes from Ataturk airport and about 50tkl by taxi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
gulhan_aktug, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Istanbul - Harbiye, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

We thank you very much for taking your time and commenting on our hotel and our team after your visit to Crowne Plaza Istanbul Harbiye.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I realty liked the staff. They were very helpful and friendly.
I like the attitude of the Guest services personal. They were extremely helpful.
I realty enjoyed experiencing their bar at the lobby . The bar mete Arzu hanim has a great personalty.
I would like to thank to the manager for managing great Hotel.

1 Thank MetinTURKEY
gulhan_aktug, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Istanbul - Harbiye, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Mr. Metin,

We would like to express our appreciation to you for your kind comments on our hotel and staff.

It would be pleasure for us to welcome you in our hotel once again.

Rajkot, India
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hotel is good in service but hotel staff is not that much cooperative. Located in main city. Market and sight seeing point are very near by. Istanbul night life is in takshim square which is very near by. In Istanbul don't trust on any body, particularly in night club, on taxi driver in night.

Dear Mr. Mayank Thakker,

We are surprised by your comments on our staff being non co-operative. Because we received only positive comments about our staff since the opening.

Best regards,
tripoli
Reviewed January 23, 2013

the hotel is very good and very clean. The hotel is not in a nice street. The services are very good , the staff at the reception is very helpful, the room and bathroom are very clean, i will return to this hotel for sure.

1 Thank walid j
Dear Walid J.,

Your comments about our hotel satisfied us.
We will be very happy to see you again in our hotel.
With kind regards
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I'll start with the negative - I had laundry done and every item of clothing came back with a small piece of paper double stapled to it. The staples were tiny, but they still left holes, plus they were an absolute nuisance to remove. Who knew I had to bring an extractor along on a business trip! Seriously, if you had a fragile item, such as silk blouse, you'd be livid about this.

Apart from that, my 3 day stay was fine.

Indeed, they looked after me because the room was huge, being a bedroom, small lounge with couch and chair, and bathroom with double sink. The trimmings were dark wood and the room felt luxurious and spacious.

There was a desk next to the bed which was long enough to easily accommodate my laptop and various paper files I was lugging around, and the chair was comfortable.

The air-conditioning was quiet and worked very well, and despite the winter chill outside, my room was an even, comfortable temperature the whole stay.

There was a room safe, steam iron and board (though the board did not extend up very high...gave me an idea of how Gulliver would have felt ironing in Lilliput).

One small downside was the bed, which was too soft for my taste, and short sheeted - I had to keep untucking the sheet each night so it covered me, but that was easy enough to do.

The room was very clean, though there were a couple of minor maintenance issues. The globe in the desk lamp was loose so it made zipping noises when turned on; I tightened it up and those stopped. And a power point in the desk was missing - pushed back into the cavity or just gone, I could not tell. But it meant I could not power my laptop and use the lamp while at the desk. I ended up using the laptop on the couch when I needed power, but if you needed to munch through a bulk of PC work that would not be ideal (to be fair, other rooms are unlikely to have this issue and I did not call down to have it sorted out). But at least the power point was easily accessible without having to crawl around under the desk.

I spent a bit of time in the lobby with a client, and that is a nice space with ready access to the coffee lounge and lots of chairs and small tables to use. We also had lunch in the restaurant, which was OK if a bit more expensive than I'd expected.

The staff were very helpful and most had enough English to converse with me without too much difficulty. Certainly, I did not feel frustrated at any point in that regard.

In terms of location, I picked the hotel because it worked for my meetings, so I've no real idea whether it's in a good spot or not. Certainly the area is hilly, and as someone else noted, it would be a challenge if you have mobility issues (the combination of crazy taxi drivers and those hills definitely challenged me in other ways a few times). From what I saw, the area above the hotel is residential with strip shopping, and down the hill seemed more commercial.

So, a very nice hotel with excellent service (apart from laundry) that I am happy to recommend.

1 Thank Tghu V
Dear Valued guest,

We thank you very much for taking your time and commenting on our Hotel and our team after your visit to Crowne Plaza Istanbul Harbiye.

We would like to express our sincere regrets about the inconvenience you faced with, in terms of the laundry service.

We hope to welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future, which we will use as an opportunity to offer you the same and further improved quality and hospitality to make your stay a memorable one.

Best regards,
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed with friends for 4 days.
Pros:
Price was good for a 5 star hotel.
Staff was helpful, despite their little English understanding
Free valet parking
Free and excellent WiFi internet, but you need to login each time you enter the hotel
Cons:
Location is bad, far from taksim (you need a taxi to get there)
The street is not suitable for 5 star hotel.
Rooms are average, but you get what you pay for.
The hotel have no A/C system, only heating as we were informed by the staff, so the room was constantly over heated, despite the cold weather outside, and the 18 degree on the control

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
gulhan_aktug, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Istanbul - Harbiye, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Mr.
We would like to inform you that our hotel's air conditioning system is central and during your stay the temparature was around 2 to 5⁰C at outside. Therefore, system was on heating mode. We regret that you were not satisfied with the heating service.
We wish to welcome you in our hotel once again to provide you improved service quality.

Crowne Plaza Istanbul Harbiye
thessaloniki
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Nice and clean room !value for money choice!nice hotel in a good location 7-8' to nisantasi 20' to taksim(walk)! Everything ok the only prob was the Internet connection.. Bad wifi but free..also on the road of the hotel has garage and is not a beautiful road.. But in a few min you are in nisantasi. In reception had traffic all the time

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank george02
Dear Valued Guest,
We thank you very much for your comments.
We have started a shuttle service to proıvide better service for our guests and make you happy.
You can use our shuttle service to reach to the metro station and main street on your next visit to our hotel.
Please be advised that we also have made an investment regarding to WIFI access points. Internet connection works without any problem now.
Best Regards