“Absolutely wonderful!!”

Ranked #22 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
McKinney, Texas
“Absolutely wonderful!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was in Istanbul for business (conference in Taksim area, a meeting near Lavant and another on the Asian side of Istanbul). The Sultanahmet area is NOT convenient to these areas, but I am VERY happy I stayed at the Basileus Hotel and if I am back in Istanbul, I will stay here again. I chose this hotel based on the Trip Advisor reviews since I was traveling alone on business in a city I had never visited before. They live up to every single glowing remark. The thing that impressed me the most is that they are sincere. They are not being nice because it is their job-they are really nice caring people. I stayed in a basement room and have no complaints at all.

Room Tip: Any room here is good!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel foe 3 nights on our first visit to Istanbul. We were made very welcome particularly by the brothers who run this hotel - Omar and Ekrem. The advice they gave us on the best way to utilise our itinerary was very helpful. The room we had on the ground floor was very comfortable although there was the occasional annoyance of guests talking loudly outside the room. The breakfast staff were accommodating and the breakfast variety was very good. The hotel is very clean and very convenient to all the major attractions. We would definitely stay here on our next visit.

• Stayed October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My son and I recently stayed at this hotel and found it to be close to everything we wanted to see and do in Istanbul. The room was well appointed and comfortable for our needs. The staff were very friendly and most helpful with advice and meeting our need to arrange entry tickets and a tour.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Wayne E
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one day after reading feedback on Trip advisor and did mot regret. Definitely the best choice in the area. Friendly and helpful staff at the front desk. They helped me to arrange taxi for a reasonable price so that I was not fooled by local taxi drivers. Delicious breakfast. Tea and coffee available in the lobby 24\7'. Perfect location, 2 min walk from Sultanahmet and Ayasofia. Worth every penny. Will be staying there every time I am in Istanbul. Good for couples w/o children.

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights recently and really loved it! It is family run business situated in the heart of the old town, right near the Blue Mosque and walking distance from all the main attractions. The staff were extremely helpful and enthusiastic, giving us great recommendations and nothing was ever to much trouble! The whole hotel was spotless and the daily breakfast was amazing, with so much choice to suit everyones tastes. They also left out home made cakes, biscuits and drinks every afternoon and bottled water was free of charge to every guest. We couldn't fault our stay, this hotel comes highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Simon C
Rolling Hills Estates
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights before the beginning of a tour, and it was half the price of the tour hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff. They helped with transportation arrangements and made excellent restaurant recommendations. Very clean hotel with little extras like brownies in the afternoon. Delicious cook to order omelets at breakfast. Only cautionary notes: there are some mild grades to navigate, and there is street noise. Both of these are probably true for most hotels in the Sultanahmet area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We spent one night at Basileus hotel after reading all the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. I was really impressed by the friendliness of the staff. As another review put it: ''they are genuinely interested in helping you..''. Yes they are and I applaud them for that.
The room was clean, very decent and the hotel location is great for sightseeing. 5 minutes from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia, what more can you ask?
Keep up the good service Basileus team and the reviews will keep pouring in !!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple