“helpful friendly staffs” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #371 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Toronto, Canada
“helpful friendly staffs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

the rooms are clean and modern, newer hotel, staffs are very friendly and helpful, there is a great spa on site, in front of taksim square, there is a small Gym on site with good equipments,
beds are new and very comfy, breakfast restaurant is on the 9th floor giving you a nice view of the water, the tour buses stop very close in to the hotel so take advantage of the tour buses,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CVKHotelsTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at CVK Hotels Taksim, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very nice comments. We also appreciate the kind words about our staff.
We always want to keep our guests happy and comfortable with our poligy of service. We will be glad to meet you upon your next visit to Istanbul.
Please kindly be informed that your reviews are so important for us.

CVK Hotels Taksim.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This Hotel is one of the best hotels in Istanbul, unique style, clean, excellent stuff, helpful & polite receptionist, more and more.
I recommend this hotel for Istanbul visitors, i have stayed several times in this hotel and every stay I felt much better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your nice comments. We also appreciate the kind words about our staff.
Your reviews are extremely important for us to increase our quality of service.
We will be glad to meet you upon your next visit to Istanbul.

Deurne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

The CVK Hotel Taksim is where it says it is: just at the edge of the Taksim Square. Good rooms, nice staff, all super clean. And an extended Turkish breakfast. Do not pick it when you are in search for a quiet place, because this is the cities heart. But of course you are not looking for a quiet place, otherwise you would not have choosen Istanbul as a destination, right?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rob d
CVKHotelsTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at CVK Hotels Taksim, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very nice comments.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit in İstanbul.We always want to keep our guests happy and comfortable with our policy of service.
Thank you for choosing us.

Hope to guest you again!

Best Regards,
Dundrum, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'll start off by saying that this hotel is well situated, modern and spotlessly clean and probably in a great location to set up base to visit Istanbul. However, I am not sure it is suited to a business traveller. I arrived at the hotel at 12:30am having taking the hotel transport/car from the airport. I was happy to book this through the hotel as it seemed like a good option to arrive and get in a car to the hotel. I waited 20 minutes at the airport for the car to arrive and the price of €40 is twice that of a taxi. On getting to the hotel the check in took 25 minutes as the clerk spoke to colleagues, answered the phone and so on. I just check into another hotel last night in 3 minutes. The bell boy insisted on taking my bags to the room, light as I was travelling. He brought me to my room, turned on my tv, turned on the music, faffed around. All I wanted was to sleep. When the guy left I realized that my room was over a 24-hour construction site. I could not sleep so went to reception to change rooms. After a bit of discussion they moved me for the night and then moved me the next day. On moving rooms the bell boy took my bags and went through the same process of turning on the tv etc. It was 2 am at this stage. The next morning I went to iron my shirt for my meeting - no iron. The hotel said they have a laundry service and woul dhave it back by 2pm. After consulting the desk I got it back within 20 minutes but of course there was a charge. The next day my room was switched and all was good. I had a coffee in the morning at the hotel cafe and was given dirty looks for handing over a 100Lira note to pay as I needed change. On checking out I was asked if I had taken anything from the mini bar which I had and paid for. I was then accused of taking another drink and asked to sign a document to say I hadn't. Ridiculous. I left this hotel with a bitter feeling and will not be returning. I am sure the manager will copy and paste a response to my review, please don't bother. If planning on staying here I suggest you avoid any rooms with 01/02 in the number as these over look the construction site. I also suggest you take a taxi from the airport. I did meet a colleague at the Holiday Inn for lunch and it was a very pleasant, clean hotel with extremely nice staff - 2 km up the road.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank danwallace
CVKHotelsTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at CVK Hotels Taksim, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
First thing that i would like to say this is not a copy paste answer.
We do really care our guest comments and we are really sorry about the problems which you faced with.
You had some problems at the airport as you mentioned , but this service taking from the one agency and if you had any problems be sure that we will warn the agency and quit working with them.
About the rooms problem, i think you had told the reception and they did their best for you and change your room that day.Also our hotel surrounded by sound proofed walls.
Our bellboy help you every time for taking your baggage and inform you about the rooms and i think this is not bad thing.Because it is their job.
We have laundry service in the hotel and if guest need to use ,should read some rules of it from the information sheet.Because if the guest wants quick service , the price will be different then.
You had problem on the check out date about the minibar , there must be mistake and for prove it ,the reception took the sign from you.
Maybe you do not have any good memories for our hotel , but we would like to have second chance to guest you again and we will fix our mistakes as you mentioned.

Best Regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Wil start with the +
Rooms are nice, clean, comfort is there , well located , friendly stuff, good customer service , beautiful 9th floor restaurant with a beautiful view over the city,
High level of security,
Free wifi
Now for the -
Entrance is deceiving , very small , its like entering a building and not a hotel,
Too much noise due to construction site near hotel

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CVKHotelsTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at CVK Hotels Taksim, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your nice comments. We also appreciate the kihd words about our staff.

Please kindly be informed that your reviws are very important for us.
We will be heppy if we can get a chance to guest you again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Very nice hotel to stay, staff is extremely polite and service is exceptional. Highly recommend to all interested to stay there. Onder is one of the best among other members of staff. Breakfast is beautiful, tasty and full of flavors. Rooms are comfortable and very clean. Immaculate and precise service on the highest level.
Whenever i travel to Istanbul i will always choose CVK Hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

As you mentioned, we do care about our guests and we are glad to show this with our either service or management team.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit in İstanbul.
Please kindly be informed that your reviews are so important for us.
We will be happy if we can get a chance to guest you again.

Faridabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

we had been to istanbul...except hotel it was a dreadful experiance...its full of Alibaba's..day one only somebody stole our passports..but the hotel staff is too good..they helped us a lot.. to their best...Eren thanx for helping us..rooms were fine..but the view from the room was a construction site..which will make yu feel bit down..front side is good with the view of taxim square..location of the hotel is good...at a happening location...one thing tht can be improved the buffet spread..which i think was lacking in variety..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CVKHotelsTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at CVK Hotels Taksim, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your so nice comments. We also appreciate the kind words about our staff.
As you mentioned, we do care about our guests and we are glad to show this with our either service or manegement team.
Pliase kindly be informed that your reviews are increase important for us.
We will be happy if we can get a chance to guest you again.