“I enjoyed my stay in this hotel.”
Review of CVK Hotels Taksim

Ranked #345 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed July 2, 2011

This is hotel is really well located, especially for dynamic people who love shopping and nightlife. It's right at Taksim, in front of Istiklal street and just 2 min. walk to the metro Taksim. The staff are friendly, professional and really helpful. The hotel is modern, clean even though the double room we had is quite small but didn't bother much since we had a nice view at Bosphorus. Good and varied breakfast that we can enjoy on a terrace with a magnificient view. It also includes a spa, hammam and fitness. If we go back to Istanbul, we'll definitly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
CVKHotelsTaksim, Guest Relations Manager at CVK Hotels Taksim, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Dear spicydiamond,

We look forward to serving you again when your travel plans bring you back to Istanbul.

Reviewed May 17, 2011

I was stayed at the hotel for 2 nights during a business trip to Istanbul.
The location of the hotel can not be beat, right in Taxim square but a small "side street" , facing the entrance to the Istiklal pedestrian street.
The hotel Is Nice, clean, and the staff is helpful and professional.
The rooms thought , have various configurations that really change a lot.
For the first night I checked VERY early (at 6:00 am) so most of the rooms were not yet checked out - and got a double room room, facing the back of the hotel ( The Phosphorous) .
The room was VERY small and a bit claustrophobic, with a tiny desk that after placing a laptop, barely had space for a mouse. I can not really imagine two people lodging together at that room.
The beds were small but comfort was ok. Bathroom , as one can imagine, was also very small with only a shower toilet and a tiny basin.
My colleague, that had a room next to me, had a room that was about 4 sqm larger , with a slightly larger bathroom.
The next night we were moved to different rooms , mine being at the corner and that room was much more comfortable, with a larger desk and even a small "sofa" and coffee table and Also the bathroom had more space and already reached acceptable dimensions. my colleague next door had yet another configuration that was very strange and uncomfortable.
Some rooms are MUCH bigger and some even have terraces . so viewing the room before checking in can really make a difference (although being such a tiny hotel, I do not really know if changing rooms is always a possibility ...)
There is a building at the back that faces a part of the hotel - and if you take those rooms, there are windows directly looking into yours and you will have no other chance but keeping the shades closed at all times, (although there is still a panoramic view if you are tilting towards it from the window itself )
I did not try the breakfast myself, although I have joined my colleague , and the buffet was large and with enough variety for just about anyone , and the breakfast restaurant itself features a beautiful relaxing and shiny panoramic view with a big smoking terrace .
A small incident happened when the waitress at the buffet kindly asked me which coffee I want, and after bringing me an espresso, the bill followed on checkout (breakfast should have been included in the room rate - but the espresso is another category - and no one mentioned that fact) . the receptionist later on canceled that billing, but it still left a strange taste in my mouth ..
Overall it is an OK hotel, but only if you get one of the larger rooms, or if you are not planning of staying more than sleep time (and in that case - you can find much cheaper also).
Be careful - the front rooms might be bigger but are noisy all night long !!

Room Tip: Ask to see the room befor accepting one !
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank krembo99

Thank you for your nice comments for the location of our hotel, preofessional, kind staff and clean rooms.

We have different style and sized room and they are really quality however only few of them are a bit smaller than the others. Sometimes its very hard to arrange larger rooms for all our guests for really busy periods especially congress, concert, festival dates. Of course its possible to change the room if there is an alternative room in that time. If you have any troubles with anything you can always contact the reception they will assist you immediately.

CVK Hotel Taksim

Reviewed May 16, 2011

I hated the room they gave me (too small and so dark). I asked for another one but they did not change it...not even the second day. It was mostly the attitude of the guy in the front desk that annoyed me.
Otherwise the hotel is nice, modern and the rest of the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank agloG

We are really sorry with your comments for our rooms. We have only a few smaller rooms dependingly the room types however you have chance to change the room unless it is congress, concert, festival etc. dates. Because it is really hard to arrange alternative rooms in these dates. Otherwise you are always welcome to request everything for your comfort.

The reviews and satisfaction of our guests are very important for us. If you plan to visit Istanbul again, please mention your requests by e-mail, after your booking. ( sub: To Guest Relations) We will arrange them to exceed your expectations to make your stay comfortable in our hotel.

Your next accommadation preference to our hotel, will make us very happy...

Reviewed May 10, 2011

I was a bit nervous about this hotel, as i havent had much luck picking them in the past, i was there for a week, 3 days to see the Grand Prix, and 3 days sightseeing. I went for a room with a bospherous view, and was put in room 1406, the rooms are very modern although smaller than i thought, quite quiet, air conditioning and walk in shower, i could not fault it at all, there is a doorman on the front, gym, sauna, restaurant ( although i never used the gym / sauna / restaurant, i got enough exercise walking, and there are so many places to eat out, its almost a waste to eat in the hotel. The rooms were serviced every day to a high standard, theres also a minibar in the room.

It was a little bit pricey, but it was a one off for me, i would definatley go back, the best thing about this hotel though is its location, smack bang on Taksim square next to Istiklal Cadessi which is always busy, Taksim has a great nightlife with cafes and eateries aplenty, and the Funikular from Taksim metro to Kabas meets up with the tram that can take you to Sultanahmet and all the sights, in my opinion if your comming to Istanbul, stay in Taksim for the atmosphere / nightlife, visit Sultanahmet for the sites. Oh and be sure to try a fish sandwich on one of the boats beside Galata bridge!! a must do!

Room Tip: The higher the better, Bospherous view is quieter
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your nice comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Please kindly be informed that our loyal customer's satisfaction and reviews are very important for us and we will be very glad to welcome you in our hotel again at your next stay with discounts and extra free services. Just e-mail us after your booking (Subject: Guest Relations)

Reviewed May 2, 2011

Very nice hotel, Great location, very helpful staff, clean rooms, new furniture, nice view on Bosporus, delicious breakfast, good free internet, large LCD TV screen. On negative side rooms are a bit small, TV system lacks diverse Arabic channels , few staff speak English, they try their best however. As a whole this is a great hotel.

Room Tip: Get Bosphorus view room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your nice comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Please kindly be informed that our loyal customer's satisfaction and reviews are very important for us and we will be very glad to welcome you in our hotel again at your next stay with discounts and extra free services. Just e-mail us after your next booking (Subject: Guest Relations)

Reviewed March 17, 2011

Of all the hotels I have stayed at in Istanbul, the CVK Hotel in Taksim is by far my new favorite hotel. I stayed for 30 days. I had no complaints. The hotel is new, clean and the service is excellent. The location is ideal. It is directly across the street from Taksim square. My compliments to management and to the entire staff.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Istanbul1011

Reviewed February 19, 2011

It seems a shame to give this beautiful hotel a negative review, but if the purpose of a hotel is to sleep, then this hotel fails.

I have stayed in 2 rooms here. I was going to suggest you avoid my 1st room as there was no natural light but infact, now I have been moved to a room with very noisy window, I rather regret leaving my little cave. If natural light is not your priority, ask for room 1111 - it is small but beautiful and more importantly, quiet.

So I am now in another beautiful room on the 8th floor at the front of the hotel and I have not slept a wink. Thumping bass from various clubs nearby and crazy sirens from the police. Cars on road outside communicating by sitting on their horns as is the way in this city - even at 6am. Noted police arrived in Taksim square this evening in riot vans. Seriously! Note: another stay in Taksim was at the Misafir Suites, next door to a police station where they communicated via megaphone. Not aware Istanbul's party centre had such a problem with law & order and my guessing is they don't. It's all a big show to let you know who's in charge.

Yes, staff are pleasant and the general manager is a treat. Yes the hotel is super-beautiful. I think maybe the rooms at the back, overlooking the Bosphorous are quieter but I am not moving for a 3rd time to check! So I will not be back and will leave this hotel to the party-goers for whom sleep is not important.

One other point, there has been no English speaking tv channels available for the past 3 days since I checked-in. In a city littered with satellite dishes, this seems incredibly sloppy.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank MissMac1234

We are very sorry with your comments for our rooms. Due to our hotel is located in the heart of the city, our city view rooms may be little bit noisy because of the crazy night life of Istanbul, although the windows are isolated, However the rooms which are at the other side called Bosphorus, are very quite.

We could not understand the point regarding the English TV channels. We have TV channels in different languages and mostly English. However if there is any technical problem source from our side, we are really sorry for that.

We would like to welcome you in our hotel again to compansate your experiences. Thank you.