“Great City!!”

Book In Advance
More Info
$80.00*
and up
Istanbul Two Continents Tour Including Dolmabahçe Palace and Bosphorus...
Ranked #108 of 409 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Our services includes, private tours, combined tours, gulet and yatching tours, incentive tours, congress and meetings, city sightseeing tours all around Turkey and Greece
Kelowna, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great City!!”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

What a great city to visit! We spent 6 days in Istanbul (4 pre-cruise) and another 2 while staying on-board abd did a combination of small and larger group tours for 3 of the days. City of Sultans (CoS) met and exceeded our expectations starting with "being there" when we stepped off the plane from a long overseas flight. Our guide for two of the days, Eren, was a real bonus for our experience in the city. He was entertaining, engaging and knowledgeble as well as meeting our needs for doing the major sights and finding some good reliable shopping stops. The small group experience was certainly worthwhile as it gave us the flexibility we needed to get the most out of our short time in the city. All round a great city to visit, made even better by Eren and City of Sultans.

Visited November 2012
38 Thank bjbaehr

• Turkish first
Flushing, New York
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Good day in Istanbul.”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We used City of Sultans tour company for one day private shore excursion in the first week of November 2012. It was easy to book the tour online with Mr. Ozgur. On the day of shore excursion, our tour guide Ahmet was waiting for us at the port exit. Ahmet was professional and friendly. He showed us all the sites of our big itinerary with interest. Full course lunch was included in the tour package and we were treated with very good authentic Mediterranean food. This was a walking tour and the van was used just to drive us from ship to Hippodrome and at the end of the tour to drive us from Grand Bazaar to the ship. We got more than we paid for and was cheaper than the cruise ship excursion prices.

Visited November 2012
30 Thank Jose M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Very knowledgable, professional guide. He was excellent.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I was doing research for a book and needed a very knowledgable guide. Eren was very professional and knowledgable. As a scholar, dedicated to history, he provided everything I needed and more. I highly recommend this company and this guide. Not only was he very knowledgable, but his English was very good and he was a lot of fun.

Kathleen. Author/Journalist

34 Thank Thrillergirl
Manila, Philippines
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“exceeding expectations”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

At first I was hesitant to book a tour online because it required full payment 2 weeks prior to our arrival in Turkey. However, after reading the positive reviews on COS, I decided to jump in and trust that they will deliver. And they did, even exceeding my expectations. We initially booked a 7 day package tour to Istanbul and Cappadocia but because of a sudden conflict with my schedule, I had to notify Ozgur a few weeks before our departure that we were cutting it short to 6 days. It was re-assuring that he responded quickly, making the necessary changes in our itinerary and adjustment on the price. We were also delighted with the upgrade in our hotel accomodation in Cappadocia to the Fresco cave Suites. I only have positive superlatives to describe the experience. The room assigned to us was very spacious- I was travelling with 2 friends and we had 5 luggages with us so having more space to walk around in the room was already a luxury to us! John, the young fellow who accompanied us during the airport transfers was very helpful in assisting us with our heavy luggages. He even made a way for us to cut in the long line for the bag inspection when we informed him that we were running late for our next flight. As for the tour guides: Eren in istanbul, Nila and Mehmet in Cappadocia, they were all great! They kept us interested in their commentaries with their extensive knowledge, good english and a bit of humor. The choice of restaurants we dined in, the van that transported us, the accomodations and even the timing of the guided tours were all excellent! I felt were in good hands, all the way!

Visited October 2012
36 Thank YnaJB
Toronto, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Two segments - one review”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've split this review up between Istanbul and the rest of Turkey, because I booked the 10 Days Glories of Turkey tour with COS which included both segments. I booked this trip almost one year in advance as a solo traveller. I chose City of Sultans based on its consistently good feedback and ratings.

In terms of booking the trip, COS was very good at getting back to me on a few changes I wanted to make regarding accommodations on the trip. I was under the impression that COS would run the entire tour. That was not the case but more about that later.

I arrived in Istanbul in the late afternoon. The airport is a bit chaotic and I totally forgot to buy my visa before getting in line for security/immigration. The visa section is to the right and immigration is to the left. Getting your visa is pretty simple. Give them money and they give you a visa. Then get in the other line, which can be extremely long, and make your way to the front. The border police look a your passport and after that, you can go and get your suitcase.

Once I went through the exit gate, a greeter from COS was waiting for me. A van picked me up from the arrivals area and then dropped me off near the hotel. All went well. The hotel, Q-Inn was nice and the staff were very friendly. I got a call in the evening from COS as I had a tour of Istanbul booked the next day.

After a good night's sleep and some breakfast, our tour guide, Eren B., met us (me and another couple) at the hotel. We toured the main sites in the old part of Istanbul, namely the Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque and the Hippodromme. We went to a fantastic restaurant for lunch. Eren was a great tour guide and very personable. No wonder everybody writes such good things about him. He is really a delight, very knowledgeable about all things Istanbul and there is no waiting in long lines if Eren is your guide.

Our afternoon was spent visiting the Spice Market and the Grand Bazaar. We also visited a carpet store and some special shops in the market that sell wonderful scarves and turkish delight. All and all, it was a great day and a great introduction to Istanbul.

We were dropped off at the hotel and I packed up for the next part of my trip across Turkey. The next morning, the same young man who met me at the airport when I arrived, accompanied me to the airport for the next leg of my trip. He got me checked in for my flight and I was off to Ankara. So far so good.

In Ankara, I was met at the airport by a tour guide from a company called Parasol Tours/Holidays. COS advised me only a few days before my departure that there weren't any other people taking the tour I had booked, but they would do a private tour if I wished. Alternatively, I could go with another tour group, however, at no time did COS mention that I would be joining a different tour company for this segment. Having said that, I thought overall Parasol provided a good tour. The guide and bus driver were fabulous and all the stops for lunch were great. With this adhoc arrangement, however, I did not stay in the same hotels as the rest of the tour group which was disappointing. As well, there were more than 30 people on the trip, larger than I would have preferred. The itinerary was pretty much the same as that outlined on the COS site for the first half of the trip but second half was slightly different from the original itinerary.

I returned to Istanbul a day early so that I could spend some time on my own exploring the city, ok really,shopping and going to a turkish bath. That was lots of fun and the old part of Istanbul is an easy walk and a great place to window shop.

I spent the last day in Istanbul doing a tour of the Bophorus which was also a provided by an alternate tour company. All and all, it was also fine and the restaurant choice was also very good.

The transfer back to the airport for my flight home was punctual and my check-in went almost without a hitch. Yes I was over on my baggage allowance.

Overall, I think COS did a good job in coodinating the trip. Airport transfers, meet and greets, hotels, airline tickets, etc. were all well coordinated and reliable. I do feel however, that more transparency is needed when tours are subcontracted to other companies. Turkey is a great country to visit with wonderful historic sites and great cuisine. Despite the above snag, I had a good time and have lots of great memories.

Visited September 2012