Tria Elegance Istanbul
$78
Hotel Sultania(Istanbul)
$139
  • Breakfast included
The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$484
$397
$253
$246
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$138
$113
Agoda.com
$385
  • Pool
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$57
$177
Travelocity
$209
$151
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Hotel Empress Zoe(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$88
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 3, 2012

100% satisfied!!
This Hotel is great.
 The location is fantastic, not only situated in a very social area -street- , but you can easily access most of the tourist attractions from there. The area is VERY lively & fun. The surrounding shops and restaurants offer great choices for everyone.
Bed rooms were clean, comfartable, & beautiful .
Best thing after the location was the staff. Great staff! We were imperessed by how good is their treatment , they were kind, friendly , & and VERY helpful. It makes you feel like you are home ! We really enjoyed our stay with them. Next time this is where we will be staying.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Maaha
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We arrived around 2300 tired and ready for a good nights sleep before starting our 3 day visit to Istanbul. We were met on the pavement by a concerned Turkish man. He made several phone calls and we were ushered around the corner to the Hotel Tria. Older, dark and dingy. They had overbooked and the Elegance had no rooms. They proceeded to try to gloss over the problem, with no other option offered, and check us in to the Tria. I am sure that they have a policy to market on the image of the Elegance and just involuntarily move the last customers of the night to the Tria. No such luck with us. The man on the front desk insisted that there was nothing to be done. I refused to leave the desk and called hotels.com through whom we booked. They were great - concerned and efficient. They made contact with the hotel and the manager arrived from home - much to his disappointment that he had had to interrupt a family dinner. I was clear that I never asked him to come but just wanted the room I had reserved and had confirmation for. We finally were taken back around the corner at 0100 and to a room promised to us and hotels.com as the double booked. It then go worse. The room was a twin to start with, and simply the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. So small that you could not open your suitcases anywhere that did not completely block access around the room. The bathroom had a huge jacuzzi bath/shower that filled it and the shower head did not even align with the standing position. They tried to be 'boutique' but it was cheaply and tackily decorated. The curtains did not even cover the window. Worse still was a strong smell of sewage in the room. They gave us an air freshener spray for the night! There were long hairs all over the floor, and worse still, I took the band off the toilet seat and lifted it to find there was fresh urine around the top edge of the bowl. It was disgusting. We were so exhausted that we just fell in to bed and first thing after a very mediocre breakfast (not taken on the attractive terrace shown on the web page, but back around the corner in the dingy basement of the Tria), we simply refused to pay for any more than the one night and checked out. I was so disappointed in the reality of this hotel and the service, I would strongly advise away from this hotel. There are dozens in this old part of the city and so many are really lovely. We re-booked on line with some trepidation (the manager had told us that we would not find another hotel as all were full!!) and moved to the Garden House hotel just a short taxi ride away. That was superb and the complete opposite. I will post a separate review on that hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Graham W
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This trip was our first to Istanbul, so no idea really about where to base ourselves, though being there only 4 nights we wanted to make sure it would be easy to see as much as possible. The Tria Elegance was booked with trailfinders so we hoped it would be good. in fact it turned out to be a perfect location for seeing all the sights, many of which from the rooftop terrace or our room balcony!

The hotel is on a main strip of bars shops and restaurants, it is lively at nights but quietens down after midnight. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, with tv, kettle and fridge etc. Ours also had a (small) jacuzzi bath. The bed was perfect for us, not too soft, and the bedlined was very good quality crisp cotton. I don't normally notice but I did here! We even had lavender bags on the pillows!

We arrived to find that they had sent someone to the airport to collect us but we hadn't been told by trail finders so it's worth contacting the hotel directly about airport transfers. The return journey organised by the Tria staff was much smoother and much less scary than the yellow cab we got from the airport on day 1. It really is worth paying the hotel for the transfer.

The staff are excellent, they carried bags and demonstrated the room, answered all questions and constantly gave us free tea in the streetside restaurant which was a great location to watch the world go by. Nothing was too much trouble, they gave us maps and directed us precisely to a camera shop at our fairly obscure request.

In all when we left we were politely told off for carrying our own bags downstairs, and not asking for help, and we were waved off in the taxi like we were dear family friends by several of the staff. I cannot recommend this place enough. Great value, food and location.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Tria Elegance is a new hotel that is affiliated witht the older Tria Hotel on the same block. My husband and I had a room on the top floor, with a balcony facing a busy street lined with hotels and restaurants. We can see the top o the Blue Mosque on our left, and top of Hagia Sophia on the right. The view is lovely every hour of the day. The sheets are soft and we slept very well. They provided each room with 2 bath mits, so you can scrub youself in a quasi-Turkish style.
The staff is very friendly and want to make you feel very welcome. Thank you, Mesut, Huseyin, Levent, Muamer and Arhan for making our stay wonderful.
The lively street ambience comes with noise at night, so if you are sensitive to noise, bring earplugs. I did and I slept very well.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank H L
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Following a very generous gift for a holiday through Tripadvisor from our daughter and son, I chose Istanbul. We had never been to Turkey so we were a little apprehensive about what such a large city like Istanbul would have in store for us. We chose the Tria and what a stroke of luck that was. Because we were only in Istanbul for a short period, we needed to make the best use of our time. Unlike any previous holiday we had been on, I asked the staff at the hotel to suggest /arrange an itinerary for us for a couple of days so that we could get the best out of the visit. Not only did they come up with an escorted tour with a very knowledgeable guide who gave us a potted history of all the highlights in the old part of the city, they arranged another full day for us that included a cruise on the Bosphorus and so much more. I suppose we could have done all this ourselves, but it is a chance you take. They chose reliable operators who certainly gave us an experience to cherish. Getting to and from the airport was no problem either - they organised that too! Our one "free" day was wonderful too. We wandered into Istanbul on our own with the help of a map and found everyone so helpful. It is an object lesson to us all with such parochial outlooks - excellent English seems to be spoken by everyone! It would put some of our own citizens to shame! And I joke not!
If you would like a trouble-free visit to Istanbul for the culture and way of life, I would certainly recommed the Tria.
I did all the arranging by email which is not bad for a person of a certain age! Try it!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple