My friend and I stayed here for nights and on the whole it was excellent. It is a very well located hotel which provides some respite from the touristy Sultanahmet and mad night life of Beyoglu (a fair few are located a convenient stumbling distance away)...
- they accommodated our 6am check in which we were very grateful for
- comfortable clean rooms and fantastic showers
- helpful concierge
- excellent location
- lovely roof top bar/restaurant - fabulous views and delicious food/wine
- excellent spa facilities
- peaceful in a pretty busy area
- the staff in the spa were a little unwelcoming when we first visited which was a shame as the facilities themselves are lovely
- Our hotel room seemed to be in an area of the building with outward facing windows but with no natural light which was a bit strange
- when we checked out we were told we'd drunk the wine in the mini bar when we hadn't. Two empty bottles were produced from our room (apparently) which we were nothing to do with us and it was a real shame to end on such a note. The reception staff were great and didn't charge us but I was upset by the accusatory nature of some of the other staff which was unnecessary. Something to watch out for I guess!
Overall, completely recommend this place, we thought it was a real find.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo Donizetti is a 5 star boutique Hotel, named after the musician Giuseppe Donizetti who lived in Beyoglu, Istanbul in the times of the Ottoman Empire, opens an era for your accommodation rituals in Istanbul. Palazzo Donizetti Istanbul is a specially designed, Special Certificate Hotel near Istiklal Street, suitable for business and leisure travelers. The luxurious hotel building that was traditionally used as a guesthouse carries footsteps throughout the years, and lives today combining elegance, luxury and comfort. Glorious Italian Carrera marbles, antique Italian Venetian colors, stained glass lighting in addition to high ceilings with classic motifs and golden foils were used in this historical Special Certificate Hotel in Istanbul. Palazzo Donizetti's 105 year old antique elevator also presents a nostalgic Beyoglu experience as one of the most important 5 star hotels in Taksim. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Palazzo Donizetti Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.