“luxurious hotel”

Palazzo Donizetti Hotel
Ranked #244 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed April 29, 2012

stayed here with my family for 3 days. friendly staff, good service, good location and the rooms were excellent. the beds were very comfortable and the bathroom and everything else was very clean. i enjoyed the hammam too

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank missami

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed at Palazzo for 3 nights. Lovely spacious luxurious rooms, excellent location, helpful staff and fantastic views from roof top restaurant (where breakfast is served). Would of given it 5/5 if not for the noise of car horns in the early hours of Saturday morning. If this hotel invested in double glazing it would be perfect! Needless to say, we had a fantastic short break - thank you Palazzo Donizetti.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Suzewebb
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I took a two-week vacation through Europe and the Middle East that included an extended stay in Istanbul. We stayed at a number of places during the trip, but none measured up to The Palazzo Donizetti in terms of service, value, location, and amenities.

I could go on about the ways that this hotel distinguished itself from others-- for instance, the small on-site spa is a very nice perk-- but it really was the staff that made our stay so enjoyable. From the moment we first walked through the door we were greeted with friendly smiles and hearty welcomes. Despite not having a reservation, we were treated like welcome guests. During our stay, the staff expressed a genuine interest in making sure that our time in Istanbul was a pleasant as possible. No detail was spared. From the bell captain who asked us every day about our most recent exploits to the doorman who secured for us only the most trusted taxi drivers.

If you are going to Istanbul, you should stay at Palazzo Donizetti. Unlike the sleepy confines of Sultanahmet where good restaurants and bars are tough to find after dark, the neighborhood around this hotel is alive until the wee hours of the morning. And yet it is close enough to the major tourist attractions (e.g. Ayasofya, the Spice Bazaar, etc...) that you could get to them in a matter of minutes. And, it is luxurious enough that you will get a good night's rest before traipsing back out into the busy streets of Istanbul. In short, the Palazzo Donizetti should be your first and last choice when looking for a place to stay in Istanbul.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room if you are concerned about street noise
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I have always preferred to stay in different areas of the cities we travel to, and we have never in years stayed at one hotel for more than 2 days at a time. On this trip, even while we made plans to move each day to another location, we were ultimately unable to rip ourselves away from our home away from home, and ended up staying a record 7 days, knowing that we were unlikely to find anything as wonderful elsewhere.

Having wandered in off the street looking for a hotel for that evening, we were offered the corner suite at what I would consider a ridiculously reasonable rate, considering the size and beauty of the room and the amenities offered. The staff were not only helpful and professional, but personable, authentically friendly and genuine in a manner that is unusual to find in the industry.

The bedding and shower were both heavenly, the view spectacular and the location ideal. Also, they offer access to the their steam room and sauna at no extra charge.

It was very loud, but not in a way that I would consider noisy. All of the ambient sound was that of the street and the music from the neighboring club on the weekends (the music was stellar as well), and not the noise of construction trucks or other undesirable nuisances. I am a girl who likes to sleep to the sounds of the city, however, so I would recommend an interior room to those who prefer silence at bedtime (and Istanbul never sleeps!).

All in all, I miss my home away from home and all of the friendly faces that greeted me there. The Palazzo Donizetti has my highest recommendation. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

the hotel is near to shopping centers and restuarants, very clean rooms,very good service,desirable wifi,pleasant message. the staff were very nice especially front office manager,muzaffer.I would recommend this Hotel to anybody who needs a hotel in Istanbul.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank yaredabestani
Reviewed March 22, 2012

This hotel is well located. the rooms are spacious and the staff attentive to the extreme. A good taxi stand is just 200 meters from the front door. There is a "British" pub on the premises. It is a short walk to restaurants and not too much further to many touristic sites.

30 min. to the airport and exhibition hall off peak. The exhibition hall is next to the airport so it is a long drive to and from, especially from during rush hour. That said, thye hotels near the airport and exhibition hall are not close to anything else.

the rooms on the street side and VERY noisy all night long. The heat in some rooms did not work well when I was there.

The rates are a bit expensive but the hotel often offers better rates.

Room Tip: do not book a room on the street side of the hotel if you expect to sleep at night
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2012

The hotel is situated in a good location, close to the main shopping street and restaurants. I was shown to my room by a member of hotel staff who then explained how everything in the room worked. My room was nice with tall ceilings and there was free wifi available. I was awoken by noise coming from the street on both nights of my stay and from loud music coming from the hotel bar that lasted late into the evening and possibly past midnight. My room was several floors above the bar so I can only imagine how noisy it must have been in the room directly above the bar. Breakfast is served on the top floor of the hotel where you can sit and admire the view of the whole city. That said, the hotel is great and I would stay here again. I found a great cafe around the corner and did feel relaxed in the hotel. The staff were very polite but I was a little concerned by excess furniture being stored in the fire escape (internal stairwell) that I saw when taking the stairs from the restaurant because there was too high a demand for the small lift after breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011