“Come for the wifi, stay for the food.”
Review of Barbecue House

Barbecue House
Ranked #136 of 13,534 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Barbecue, Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
London
“Come for the wifi, stay for the food.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were making our way to the Grand Bazaar when we spotted their flashing sign for free wifi. We were greeted by a pleasant guy and taken to our table. We ordered a variety of Turkish dishes, whilst the first arrived almost immediately the meat dishes took sometime. When it arrived the accompanying fries were cold, however the meat was very nice. Overall the food was good.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Byron Bay, Australia
“More than a gastronomic experience.”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Right after our Aya Sofia visit, we walked aimlessly within the area to find a restaurant that suits our budget. Barbecue House is a bit more expensive, but we thought of giving it a try cause the photos of the food on the menu look great (and we didn't want to walk any further) -- plus the staff by the resto's entrance has pretty good convincing skills.

The hubby, who's Persian, ordered the Adana kebab. He said he liked it. The meat's not dry, and came with fresh veggies. My order, spaghetti bolognese (a choice made for our toddler), was surprisingly good as well and came in a hefty serving (at least for me).

We were seated by the window on the second level (probably first, but we still had to climb a set of stairs) and enjoyed watching people pass by. The waiter checked on us every so often, which could be annoying for some but not for me and the hubby. Our daughter was given a free spirograph which they bought while we were waiting for our food so she can busy herself. I was able to eat without chasing a toddler every now and then.

Unfortunately, we were too jaded to check out their rooftop terrace. Nonetheless, we left very happy.

muğla
“barbecue house”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

gercekten güzel bir restoran ,yemekleri bi müthişdi :).it was really a good restaurant .i went last week and i eta much more meal with cheaper money you shoul go there

muğla
“perfect as they are always”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

well whenever I go to Istanbul the second thing I want to do is to go this place and have delicious meal (well generally I got tired and the first thing is to get some rest =) ) and this time what I observed is that these guys really know how to make you go their place again and again. this time I had my meal up in terrace. I personally recomend everybody at least to give it a try, and am quite sure you are gonna go there over each time you visit istanbull ...

“Best turkish food”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Hi evrybady if any bady gona wisit to turkey it is the only pleace where you can have funtastice dinner with a nice terase and panoroma of sultanahmet