Open today: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Book in advance
from
$17.77
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Istanbul Sea Life Aquarium
from $17.77
from $111.38
from $100.78
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 26, 2014 via mobile

Our family spent a few enjoyable hours at turkazoo. The tunnel was a particularly nice place to stand for a while.
It is a little pricey but I do understand that running costs can be high.
My main gripe is that there is little or no information on most of the tanks. Not even basic fish names. As a diver and fish enthusiast I filled in some of the gaps, however there were a lot of fish which I would have appreciated information about.
Because of this lack of simple information which I presume somebody in management must have in their heads, this really isnt a learning experience at all. Its just a look at some unnamed species. Come on turkazoo write out a few information cards. Its not that hard. For this reason I couldn't score it any higher.

1  Thank Tony D
Reviewed November 20, 2014 via mobile

Quite disappointed with this aquarium nothing to see but fish really. Been to many on travels but this did absolutely nothing for my love of marine animals...hope this improves at some point. Quite a strange smell inside the tunnel.

2  Thank Knicknocks
Reviewed November 8, 2014 via mobile

Well worth a visit to see the exhibits and enjoy a walk through the underwater tunnel, but having been to other similar exhibits around the world this one ranks as "OK".

1  Thank simonsimons .
Reviewed November 3, 2014

first it is so normal aquarium, small ,the tunnel was good but the water is not pure the most disgusting thing was when my small kid tried to play in the kids playground there but women worked there prevent my kid from entering and said that he is shorter than 80 cm tall !!! so he can't enter to play my kid was much taller than 80 cm but this women worked there is racist because we are Arabs and it was so obvious that she don't want my kid to play with the other kids there. i will never go there again and i don't recommend these racist people to any one.

Date of experience: October 2014
4  Thank ELnahass
Turkuazoo A, Yönetici at Istanbul Sea Life Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2014

Dear ELNahass,

We apologize for the misunderstanding arised during your visit. We as Turkuazoo Aquarium welcomed over 5 million visitors from all over the world especially Middle East countries. We aim to deliver great memorable experiences to all our visitors while learning about marine habitat and conservation. We guarantee that it was not about racisim, we would like to clarify that due to our Play Ground rules, the ball pool is only for the younger visitors- maximum height 0.80 cm. but the rest of the play ground is for junior guest with maximum height 1.4 m. We believe that this misunderstanding may be caused by language barrier.

We also like to inform you that we are now redecorating our aquarium, we have ongoing theming works inside the water and will be completely different next year. We hope to welcome you soon back again as our guest. Please be sure that you will leave with unforgettable memories with your family.

Thank you for your understanding.

Reviewed October 28, 2014

The aquarium is rather on the small side, as it's targeted mainly to children. The tunnel is good, they have sharks - no great white, but still, sharks - and large stingrays, but that's about it. I have to say it's unreasonably overpriced. The tanks have no information on fish species on display. I bought a guide thinking it would be just that, but it was just a booklet with pretty pictures for kids (paid extra ~ 3 TL for nothing).
About the complaint that there are no restaurants, the aquarium has a small overpriced cafe inside, but really there's no need for more, as it's located inside a huge mall (Forum Mall) with plenty of dining options.

Date of experience: October 2014