“Felt like I was at home even though I was not in my native country”
Review of Topkapi Apartments

Topkapi Apartments
Ranked #55 of 1,221 Specialty Lodging in Istanbul
San Francisco, California
“Felt like I was at home even though I was not in my native country”
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I spent the last three days of my travels in Turkey at Topkapi Apartments. Unlike a hotel, this feels like an actual home away from home. The apartment is clean, well-priced, and located centrally in Sultanahmet. A small kitchenette is an added plus if you're looking to save money by making meals at home.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Turkish first
Kiev
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Staying in Topkapi Apartments feels like at home, it's just in the centre, and also very close to the sea! there's a fish market by the sea where the lovers of fish can buy some and cook in the kitchenette:) It is the perfect place to stay, and i recommend it to everyone who wants to have a nice rest after a tiring trip around the city, because its very quiet and clean.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Spent few days with friends in Topkapi and had a very good time. Place is very strategic, right in the old city and two steps away from the tram station. It was very clean quite and every day tea, coffee was refilled :-) The terrace is nice and perfect for a cup of tea and a cigarette.
Definitely a place to recommend to everybody: families and singles.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank GiuseppeBcn
helsinki
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I recently visited Istanbul for my first time.
I had the pleasure of choosing the TopKapi apartments.
Nice spot,close to Sultanhamet in a very quite corner,a few minutes walking to the Blue Mosquee.
The apartament was very comfortable and relaxing.Very clean and very handy the use of the kitchen.Staff very friendly and of great help.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed December 30, 2010

The staff were very helpful at the office and we were able to store our bags there after we checked out. The apartment is within easy walking distance from the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and St Sophia. Great location, lovely apartment, just what we needed.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank bredaUSA
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Topkapi Apartments are located in a great spot, within easy walking distance to the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofia, Grand Bazaar, Topkapi Palace and all of Sultanahmet's attractions as well as the tramway. The apartment was beautiful and clean, fresh fruit in the fruitbowl when we arrived and all the basics we needed to cook, such as oil and salt and pepper and spices. The kitchen was well equipped, the bathroom was the best one I saw in 3 weeks of travelling around Turkey and the rooftop terrace had a fantastic view. The owners and staff are particularly helpful. I highly recommend these apartments and will definitely stay there again next time I am in Istanbul.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Rockledge, Florida
Reviewed December 23, 2010

I spent a couple of weeks traveling around Turkey in November and December, and stayed in hostels most nights. I decided to splurge in Istanbul and stay someplace nicer, and I'm so happy that I did! This hotel was elegant and comfortable, with friendly and helpful service, and completely affordable. You have an entire apartment to yourself, with a kitchen and everything! I had an amazing view of the city right from my window, and I only had to walk out the door to find exciting things to do and experience. I would highly recommend staying here, this hotel made my couple of days in Istanbul some of the best of any vacation I've ever taken. I don't usually write hotel reviews, but I felt that this one merited a good one. I can't wait to return to Istanbul and stay here again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo