“Good deal comparing cost and quality”

Serenity Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #741 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went there with my best friend in December 2012 and stayed for 2 nights. The location is great for tourists - you're just 5 minutes away from The Blue Mosque and Ayasofya. Breakfast is simple but tasty and included in the room price - coffee, Turkish tea, boiled eggs, different kinds of cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, cereal, bread, jam etc.. We didn't have any problem with the size of the room, it was big enough for two of us. The owner was there all the time, very helpful and kind person. The only uncomfortable thing was that the water stopped running one of the nights and we couldn't take a shower until the next morning. Don't know what was the reason though. Anyway Serenity Hotel is a good deal comparing cost and quality.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank KeepG0ing

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My trip was in January 2013, I was satisfied with the location of the Serenity hotel comparing the price to the quality of servecing and the space in the rooms. Really the hotel is very small and devided to 3 floor with a terrace to take a breakfest, for the persons who spend the whole day outside they do not find problem with the rooms. The people who work in the hotel are good and Unfortunately, during my trip the room 304 was a triple room and the TV does not work for 8 nights.A negative point was with the breakfest which is usually at 8 am to 10 am, because all the tourist prefer to start their day very early in the morning. The personal of the hotel are simple and helpful in general, if I cameback to Istanbul maybe I will reserve in the same hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hayet s
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Personnel: always helpful, kind and smiling.
Hotel location: great if you like to experience the real, old charming Turkey.
Hotel: a bit small, nice little terras to eat the breakfast, room a bit small, but good enough if you are planning to stay out all day and just need a place to sleep and wash.
Cheap.
The cleaning lady was lazy I think.
My wife burned the sheets with the iron. We told them and they didn't want them to pay for it. We drank two bottles of water from te fridge and they said: no problem, its for free. So really, the mentallity of the boss and his personnel is very kind.
In all: good for younger couples but if you have a bit more money, choose a bigger hotel with more advantages.
If we were to go back, we would choose "the house/ hotel" Bosphorus". Much more expensive but I'd like to stay there, even if it were for two days, but I'm getting of topic.

Room Tip: Choose the biggest room they have because even that one is not very big. Room 302 is under the roof...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank James D
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I can't say I'm picky when it comes to beds, but this hotel was testing us. We switched rooms because the metal springs were digging into us so badly at night. The next room was exactly the same as well. Fairly good area a couple blocks from the main touristy area. I wouldn't stay here again because of the beds.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank isurf75
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

october 2010 .stayed for 2 nights. rooms are small but clean the reption guy was helpfull . the didnt have kitchen and the breakfast was outside the hotel not in the street but its in another hotel dont remember his name but it was huge and the breakfast was delicious . nice hotel and cosy

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I got this hotel via Istanbul tours, hotel located in the city / town, which is close to all the historical monuments. the hotel was quiet, peaceful, simple, cozy and clean.Hospitality was awesome. Friendly people. Rooms and bathroom was clean, with an aircon and TV. Bar fridge with drinks and water mainly. My peaceful night sleep in my comfortable bed made my rest unbelievable. Service and manager was great. i have travelled around the world and i know the experience with hotel rooms, believe me this is great. I will return again and again to this hotel. Loved it ...

Room Tip: Less noise, clean and cozy. Clean and tidy at all times. had a working aircon with less noise
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I got to this hotel occasionally-hotel where I was staying(just 10 miters up)was full so they asked me to sleep one night in Serenity.I can say, it was much better then the one I had booked.Serenity hotel was very quiet, simple and cozy at the same time,clean,with tea pot, hot water ,TV and new shower-cabin.It is very well located and doesn't have any problems with the noise as much as the one I lived in. I regretted that hadn't seen it before I made a booking.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo