“Turkey with Gate 1 - 13 day affordable Turkey”

Turkey Travel Group
Book In Advance
More Info
$68.35*
and up
Private Tour: Custom Istanbul City Sightseeing Tour
Ranked #83 of 412 Tours in Istanbul
More attraction details
Owner description: Travel agent operator - will give you the best solution traveling in Turkey, Istanbul, Bosphorus, Ephesus, Cappadocia, Pamukkale, Istanbul Troy and Gallipoli, cruise, private, cultural, historical, christian, biblical tour services.
NW Mountains, NC
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Turkey with Gate 1 - 13 day affordable Turkey”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Namik was our guide on this trip with 36 other travelers. The group was a good mix of people that all seemed to get along well. Everything was wonderful. After reading reviews of others I see that Gate 1 provides very knowledgeable guides as Nam seemed to know everything about his country. We thought him to be the best guide we have had on any tour. Excellent value for money, the tour itself was terrific.

Turkey, was a wonderful country filled with very friendly people everywhere (not just those trying to sell things), not what I had expected. We never felt unwelcome or threatened at any time. The tour included stops in Istanbul, Troy, Ephesus, Konya, Canakkale, Pamukkale, Pergamum, Cappadocia, Ankara, and back to Istanbul; a mix of ancient ruins and modern cities.

3 Thank scott10jo

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Penang Island, Malaysia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Stambuli Friendly and Efficient Service”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Had to spend a few days in Istanbul for a variety of personal reasons and needed some answers re business questions. I asked the help of Ayhan (of the Traveller Daily City Tours of Istanbul) whom I had met before. He suggested a way of tackling my desires/problems and resolved all my conundrums superbly. I needed to meet certain people, and visit certain areas of Istanbul. He was always there for me, it didn't matter what time of day or even quite late in the evening - ready to help and find a solution. As I don't speak Turkish, and I don't know the "ins" and "outs" of local business culture, his sound advice and level headed comments were invaluable.

Visited September 2012
Woodbridge, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Tour of Western Turkey with Gate 1”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I took the 13-Day Tour in November with Gate 1. Our guide (Serap) is an archeologist and a very competent tour manager. Her insights and expertise provided valuable historical context for the sights and experiences along the way. The Gate 1 support staff (bus driver and helper) were also very helpful and competent. The accommodations were comfortable and the food was plentiful. The optional tours throughout our trip were reasonably priced and worth the added expense. We particularly enjoyed the balloon ride in Capadoccia. We traveled to several cities in Western Turkey and covered approximately 2200 miles in 11 days.

1 Thank Joe S
Bristol, Vermont
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Gate 1 Trip to Turkey”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I recently took Gate 1's 13 day Affordable Turkey trip. This was our first time using Gate 1 and we were impressed. The itinerary featured many highlights of Turkey such as Ephesus, Cappadocia, Pammakule and Istanbul, so there was a great variety of sites--ancient ruins, modern cities and natural wonders. We also felt the choice of hotels was always satisfactory and sometimes exceptional such as the Swisshotel in Ankara, the Korumar Hotel in Kusadasi and the Park Savur in Istanbul with its very friendly service. Our bus driver skillfully navigated the busy traffic of Istanbul and Ankara. Most of all, we loved our guide for the trip, Meri, who was funny, very, very knowledgeable and each day on the bus gave us an extended talk of some interesting subject about Turkey with a very active give-and-take with us tourists. Her wonderful personality shown through the entire time and we will miss her. Overall, the Gate 1 experience made us very glad we had gone to Turkey.

2 Thank jgemignani
Bristol, Vermont, USA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Turkey: Amazing and a Bargain too”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was our first trip with Gate 1 and it will not be our last. Though doing a group tour is not the usual way we travel, we were delighted with our 13 days in Turkey. Gate 1 took care of all of our needs so that we could enjoy Turkey and give our full attention to this amazing country that is both modern and ancient. Our tour included the flight, hotels, transportation within the country, and most meals. Optional tours were an add-on and could be purchased from Gate 1 as we choose along the way.

We owe much of the credit for our amazing experience to our very bright and knowledgeable guide, Meri, who provided for our day-to-day needs. Best of all, she helped the long bus rides from one part of Turkey to another
pass quickly with her talks about Turkey's history and current affairs. With a masters degree in ancient history, she could answer any question the group had. We all appreciated Meri's sense of humor and patience was us.

The add-on options are a bit expensive but because of Meri's expertise, we felt they were worth it and purchased a number of them while on the trip. I must add that the optional tour write-ups given to us from the Gate 1 website were and the actual experience was much better than advertised.

A nice touch was was that water was always available to purchase cheaply and cold on the bus.

M.G.