“Great hotel with excellent service”

The House Hotel Nisantasi
Ranked #163 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great hotel with excellent service”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

What a pleasure from start to finish. From the Bellboy right through to the cleaning staff this hotel was such a great experience.

On arrival I was upgraded and had a huge room with the most plush carpets and clever design. I never wanted to leave the hotel and felt quite sad everytime I walked out the door.

The staff are amazing and charming and have excellent service. The background music during the day and at breakfast was perfectly chosen. Breakfast won top of my list for my entire stay in Turkey ( a tall order). The mini bar - substantial

The only problems I experienced with my room was a strange spot on the carpet - like something had been spilled there previously and although substantial effort had been made to clean it up, it was the one thing that was out of place, that and the ipod docking station didnt work - after calling reception they advised they had no idea why it didnt work - but it wasnt a big problem due to all the other amazing features of the room.

I loved the design of the hotel and was made to feel more than welcome to stay there... I only wish I could have stayed longer, but I might never have left.

The hotel is reasonably close to public transport and travellers should be warned when taking a taxi from Taxim Square - it should cost you around 10TL at the most. My first taxi took full advantage and charged me 20TL - I was too tired to argue.

On leaving the hotel, they concierge organised me a taxi at a decent and honest fare, so perhaps ask them to organise your pickup too.

Loved the hotel and am thrilled to have stayed there

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank TouringTrick
The House H, General Manager at The House Hotel Nisantasi, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Your comments with regards to the spot on the carpet will be shared with the House Keeping team. But I would like to give you a small explanation; some spots do not come out no matter how strong chemical we use, so we need to replace it and after discussing it with my team, we can assure you that we will do our best to solve the problem. For the Ipod desk station, sometimes unfortunately the electrical devices might stop working due to poor power, but I will have them checked again. Thank you.
You recognized many areas in which we met or exceeded your expectations as well as a few areas we will work on to improve.(glad there was only two)

We are sorry for the challenge you experienced with the taxi driver. As you know we do have a 24 hour driver and taxi service.

Thank you again for your review and look forward to welcoming you back. We know your next visit will be a great one.

Kind regards,

Zeynep Korel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cairo
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Hey all u hotel seekers,
This is definitely the hotel you are looking for! If you are searching to stay in an upscale area with shops, restaurants and cafes all around. This is nisantaci. I just got back two days ago from a six night stay at this hotel. Simply six days of paradise and lesiure! We felt like royalty at the house hotel. From the minute we stepped in we felt the hospitality from the concierge to the front desk. The room is spacious and modern. The hotel is very well kept. All the staff speak English definite plus in turkey. And the amazing tulcay at the front desk was very helpful all the time, he gave us great advice from where to go, how to go, reservations you name it.. Will definitely stay here again and again and again!

Room Tip: We were 3 couples we had a standard room and it was spacious and our other friends had even bigger r...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like very much to express our appreciation for taking time to share your feedback about The House Hotel Nisantasi.

We’re so pleased that our staff, rooms and comfortable stay made your trip to Istanbul memorable and enjoyable.

Our aim is to make our guests stay unique and unforgettable in Istanbul and we would like to ensure they get an exclusive service and authentic experience with us.

Once again thank you very much for your review and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The House Hotel Nisantasi in the near future

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in 2010.

The area is not far from Taksim (although a fair walk/taxi away) and unless the weather is nice for a walk (maybe 20 mins or so) then I wouldn't say it's that great for public transport.

Then again it is at the higher end, and the area is almost like Bond Street/Mayfair in London with plenty of high end designer shops nearby and some decent eateries.

I would rate this hotel in the 4/5 star range, although the breakfast was very ordinery, the rooms were nice and there are always bonus points for the Nespresso machines in the room!

Very comfortable to stay in this hotel, but perhaps better on repeated visits to istanbul and not the first time as the tourist sites aren't in this area, nor is the public transport something I would describe as local.

No complaints about the room.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank me1000uk
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your The House Hotel Nisantasi experience on TripAdvisor. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments with regards to breakfast service will be shared with the team-thank you.

As you appreciated our hotel located in the center of the city which gives you an opportunity to walk everywhere and a very short few blocks away from the metro and bus stations. We also have a 24 hours driver and taxi services.

Once again, we appreciate your recommendation and your feedback and hope to see you in the near future.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I was very satisfied from my 4 day stay to this cosy small hotel : friendly staff ,very nice decoration ,relaxing and quality, loved its breakfast...and the most important is that the
hotel is situated in the best area to be : luxurious shops , nice restaurants ,cafes and bars to enjoy your vacation with in walking distance!and the price is reasonable .
in conclusion this 5 stars hotel can be the best choice for a visitor and will be definitively mine, next time I visit Instanbul!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Elina,

Thank you very much for your review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. As you mentioned our hotel located in a very nice area of town, closes to everywhere and gives you lots of choices to do around.

We would like to make our guests stays unique and comfortable in Istanbul and we would like to ensure they get an exclusive service and a great experience with us.

We hope to see you in the near future when your travels bring you back to this part of the world.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2011

It was our first trip to Istanbul with two teenage boys and we really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. Great location with lots of good shops and restaurants nearby. Smart, friendly, efficient staff. Well designed and equipped clean rooms. Like the fact that complimentary bottled water, Nespresso coffee machine and teas were provided each day Good value for money. We dined at and visited the Cirgan Palace and Four Seasons Hotels (which we had also considered staying at) but preferred the location and design of the House Hotel. We would certainly recommend this hotel to our friends and hope to return again one day.

Room Tip: We loved our rooms. Only drawback you can hear the noise We loved our rooms but would reco...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Jo,

Thank you very much for your review of your stay with us. We’re so pleased that our staff, service, rooms, comfortable stay and location of our hotel made your first trip to Istanbul memorable and enjoyable for you and for your family..

I also apologize for the elevator’s noise and thus the inconvenience that brought to you and I would like to inform you that we put a note on your profile, so for your next visit with us, we can accommodate you in a much quieter room away from the elevator for a peaceful stay.

Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This is the most amazing place in Istanbul that you can spend days. A wonderful experience and one will be repeating. The service is just completely over the top, the Hotel manager Ms. Zeynep is a charming exceptional and professional. We will be back soon and often.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Aytunc Bey,

Thank you very much for your review. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at The House Hotel Nisantasi.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Adana, Turkey
Reviewed November 2, 2011

An overall wonderful experience! Everone was friendly, excellent location in the city, rooms were very well stocked and it was a "first class" hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
The House H, General Manager at The House Hotel Nisantasi, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear Ms. Jale,

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and have shared your comments with the team. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future

Kind Regards,