“Absolutely recommendable”

Book In Advance
More Info
$36.87*
and up
Istanbul Sightseeing Tour Including Grand Bazaar...
Ranked #23 of 89 Food & Drink in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Istanbul Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Istanbul. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Istanbul. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

We were only two couples and had the nicest evening: a little walk with tea and shisha and then head to the family's house to enjoy a meal with them. I was able to ask all the questions I had about their lifestyle and culture and the guide was kind to translate them to the family (they did not speak English).

It was the first time I have done something like that, and I will sure look for similar activities on the next cities I visit!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Eric_Arnal
in 19 reviews
"old city"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed November 30, 2014

This was my favorite excursion. Our guide, Beatrice, met us at the designated restaurant right on time and together we walked to the host's home. The host was gracious and welcoming. She took great pride in the preparation and presentation of our dinner, showing us a traditional Turkish meal. We were invited to ask any questions we wanted and Beatrice interpreted and shared so much information with us. We left with our stomachs full and with a greater understanding of life, culture and politics of Turkey. After dinner, we went to a hookah bar and had a fun and interesting experience there. I would highly recommend this excursion!

Reviewed November 25, 2014

Tolga was so kind and patient with me. I was feeling a little weak and sick from my flight and I only had a short window of time to see Istanbul, so I was very grateful that he made himself available so early in the morning to accommodate me and my schedule. I was able to take a 2-hour walk with him and enjoy a private tour without worrying about missing my flight. I learned so much about Turkish culture in a very short amount of time, it was the perfect tour. I highly recommend Istanbul Urban Adventures and Tolga for your visit to Istanbul!

Reviewed November 22, 2014

our Turkish guide was fantastic and showed us Istanbul in a perfact way, going to several places we afterwards could visit ourselves. We got a fantastic first general view of this magnificent city.
Our guide also told us about the Turkish culture and food , history, and about the islam