“Great Introduction” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
$50.49*
and up
Eat Like a Local: Istanbul Food and Culture Tour with Dinner at Local Family...
Ranked #9 of 72 Food & Drink in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Istanbul Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Istanbul. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Istanbul. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Norfolk, VA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great Introduction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

This tour does only cover the main tourist spots of Istanbul, but that's a good thing as it gives you a decent taster and allows you to decide where to spend more time. The guide, Can, was friendly and knowledgeable and we had a good time. You are out in the open a lot though so be wary of the sun/rain depending on the time of year.

Visited April 2014

Winnipeg, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Hidden Istanbul tour worthwhile for an Overview of the City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Our tour guide, Can (pronounced Jan) was knowledgeable, professional, friendly, and enthusiastic about his job. The tour is called "Hidden Istanbul" and is a walking tour. We were lucky enough to just have a small group which meant more access to the guide's knowledge. The name of the tour, however, is a misnomer as you hit the main tourist spots that anyone could easily find independently. This walking tour gave us a great sense of the general history of Istanbul and helped us to place ourselves geographically in Istanbul.

Visited April 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Ok walking tour ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I happened to be the only person for the day when we did the Hidden Istanbul tour so effectively got a private tour.

My guide was knowledgeable and very kind, but there was an extreme amount of information and I just felt like I was getting talked to the entire time. It also seemed to me that a large part of it was the regular tourist trail rather than 'Hidden Istanbul' and it seemed a bit pointless walking through the grounds of the palace and Aya Sofia when you don't actually go into these places as part of the tour.

New Britain, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highlight of my time in Istanbul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

My time in Istanbul was absolutely amazing however the home-cooked tour was definitely one of my favorite parts. Our tour guide, Tolga, was so nice and incredibly friendly. The family we had dinner with was so humble yet did everything to make us feel comfortable, I will never forget this experience. The children were adorable and so sweet. Not only that, but the food was incredible, I have never had such amazing grape leaves in my life! We ended the night at a shisha lounge which completed the entire experience. I highly recommend this tour to all, you will not only enjoy yourself but also eat great food and get a very authentic experience that is unforgettable.

Visited March 2014
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Home-cooked Tour - An unforgettable experience with Erkan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Well, I was little sceptical initially when booking this home cooked tour in Istanbul because price was suspiciously low. oh boy, I was sooo vv wrong, we had one of the best experiences ever. We met our guide "Ekran" at around 6pm on 27th March. He took us around for a short walk, explaining history of all monuments on our way. on reaching this local family home, we found them to be v welcoming. My wife really enjoyed with their kids and we actually felt like at home. After leaving this family home, we went on enjoying Turkish tea and Sheesha at one of popular places. The whole tour in itself was a great experience.

For us, one of the major highlights of the tour was the guide himself. Erkan and his friend (sorry I forgot her name) were great and fun guys to be with. From Turkish history to culture, and from education system of turkey to latest economic reforms and developments, they answered every question of ours very politely and in v detail. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone who wish to visit turkey and see both sides of the picture.

Visited March 2014