“Thank you to a very professional guide!”

Intrepid Urban Adventures Istanbul
Book In Advance
$55.99*
and up
Eat Like a Local: Istanbul Food and Culture Tour with Dinner at Local Family...
$103.46*
Istanbul Evening Food Walking Tour
$38.95*
and up
Istanbul Sightseeing Tour Including Grand Bazaar, Suleymaniye Mosque and...
Ranked #7 of 77 Food & Drink in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Istanbul Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Istanbul. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Istanbul. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
Reviewed January 16, 2013

During our vist to Istambul last Summer my husband and I decided to go on a guided tour of the town to better appreciate its sites. We enjoyed the tour very much, all the places we visited were very interesting and very well explained by our guide Salih Cem, who, despite his young age and the fact that he had just started working as a guide, was very accurate, professional and full of entusiasm which is something that adds value to any description. We appreciated the fact that the tour didn t just give us an idea of the places but wanted to make us understand the uses and everyday life of the people there! Hope to find Urban Adventure in one of our next trips.

Mirella e Giacomo

There are newer reviews for Intrepid Urban Adventures Istanbul

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I like walking tours with local guides and I took 2 different tours over 2 days with this company. The guide was Salih Cam and he was so energetic and informative, and even helped me find a small Museum that wasn't in the broshure, showed me the ropes with local transportation, etc, that I'm sure that I learned much more about Istanbul and Turkey than I would have in 2 days on my own (not to mention ate better food and had more fun). You have to be a bit "intrepid" to find the office since it's up a dark stairway, but everyone I dealt with was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We are a well travelled retired couple very used to finding our own ways around new locations and tourist attractions. We also require to meet and talk to locals and hence were attracted to the 'Home cooked Istanbul' evening. It was interested to go into a local's home and join them in their meal however the choice of family was not as interesting as we had hoped - we had hoped for a more complete family with father and grandparents so that we might have learnt about their life across the generations. However the whole evening was made very enjoyable and enlightening thanks to our excellent guide - Salih Cam. Once we got to the 'popular hangout' and learnt to play backgammon then the discussions between Salih and ourselves became very interesting and we learnt a lot about modern day life in Istanbul - if only through the eyes of one observant person. Salih's only restriction was his lack of knowledge of life outside his own country - but that unfortunately is a 'perhaps inevitable' failing of guides in whatever country we have used them. We would recommend anyone to ask for Salih as a guide.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

As a first time tourist to Isanbul, I really liked the "Old and New Istanbul" tour as an activity! The places we toured were helpful to show nice parts of Istanbul. The guide was so informative and friendly. He took time to explain and answer our questions. We were impressed by professionalism of our guide Mr. Salih ÇAM from İstanbul İntrepid Urban Adventures and I will encourage my friends to use the same guide and same activity in their future trips to Istanbul!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I recently took the Home Cooking tour. It was such a great experience to meet the local family in their home, to enjoy a meal with them, and to learn about each of our cultures. The walk of the old town was very informative, the meal was delicious (lentil soup, then chicken and rice). The visit to the tea room was fun. Drank tea, smoking the nargile (Turkish water pipe), and learned how to play backgammon. All in all, it was a great experience, all at a very good price.
Thank you for sharing your culture with me.