“Great introduction to Istanbul”

Intrepid Urban Adventures Istanbul
Book In Advance
$54.96*
and up
Eat Like a Local: Istanbul Food and Culture Tour with Dinner at Local Family...
$101.56*
Istanbul Evening Food Walking Tour
$38.23*
and up
Istanbul Sightseeing Tour Including Grand Bazaar, Suleymaniye Mosque and...
Ranked #10 of 75 Food & Drink in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Istanbul Urban Adventures offers unique and authentic day tours around Istanbul. They range from 2 hour to 1 day adventures and uncover back streets, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals, find out what makes the city tick, and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Istanbul. A local expert guide will provide the knowledge and lead you through a fantastic urban experience.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great introduction to Istanbul”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We went on a hidden Istanbul tour with Salih and very much enjoyed it. This tour had the perfect combination of things for us: very knowledgaeble and friendly guide, walkable route and frequent stops for contemplation and refreshment. I learned a lot about historical and modern Istanbul and Turkey. Salih was very polite and informative when I asked him how young Turkish men and women meet (the question could so easily have been misunderstood). The only difficulty we had was in finding the office in Sultanahmet; maps are helpful up to a point but it's a small doorway and a verbal guide to nearby landmarks (cafes mostly) would be gelpful.

Visited October 2012

Bern, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect introduction into turkish and Istanbul history, the cities layout and local life”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had a great walk around into several mosques, hippodrome and local restaurant, where it was especially interesting hearing an introduction into the romeons here, the otomans and turkish history; some basics about the muslimic believe and having the traditional turkish tea at the end in a fantastic spot. More than recommendable!

Melbourne, Australia
“Hidden Istanbul Walking Tour”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was fortunate to have a personal tour with Salih which was great! Although I had been in Turkey for a month already I was grateful to have a guide to show me another side of the city I would probably have walked past. I was also grateful for Salih's insight in to the Turkish people which I was very interested in. He was unbiased and happy to answer my questions regarding various topics. Tours such as this make the experience of a country more memorable and Salih has the energy and passion that make him ideal for this role.

Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Hidden Istanbul - walking tour”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I arrived in Istanbul a day before my tour was scheduled to depart. Usually I don't mind exploring cities on my own, but I decided to give the Urban Adventures day tour a try. I'm really glad I did. Salih was a terrific guide and I learned things about Istanbul that I wouldn't have learned on my own. He took us to the Taksim neighborhood, which was a part of Istanbul that I wouldn't have seen otherwise.
The tour was scheduled to end at Galata Tower, but Salih and I returned to Sultanahmet on the tram together. I really enjoyed having a few extra minutes to talk to him one-on-one and to learn more about the city and its customs from him.

Visited August 2012
Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hidden Istanbul tour”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Four of us had booked for this tour and ended up having the guide, Salih, to ourselves. He was really friendly and had heaps of knowledge, and it was really interesting to hear about his life, and the lives of his friends, as well. My favourite part of the tour was the talk about Islam we had while visiting one of the beautiful mosques. Salih also took us at the end of the tour to a little cafeteria he recommended, going a bit out of his way to show us. I'd recommend asking him to show you too, and get the lentil soup or the spinach dish!

Visited September 2012