“Business trip in Turkey”
Review of Darkhill Hotel

Darkhill Hotel
Ranked #379 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Florence, Italy
“Business trip in Turkey”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stay at that that hotel because it was in the center of the city and also because it was close to the T1 tram line. Just 50 meters. The location of the hotel is really and very safe. All the staff of the hotel was really gentle and helpful. I don't have any complain at all. The breakfast was excellent in the roof of the hotel with great view at the sea. The room was clean and all the rest was fine. I suggest it to everyone who want to travel there but keep in mind that for going to expo center at the airport you have to take one tram and one metro line. So the apprx. Time is around 35 minutes. The positive is that you are in the center and you can go for a walk at night

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Konstantinos A
DarkHill, Manager at Darkhill Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +90 212 638 89 00

Murat Topacoglu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Remodeled roof top restaurant was a hit with our group. Food was good. It was convenient to Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Bazaar, banks, airport, etc. Bathrooms are very nice with large showers and lots of sparkling tile.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim C

Pelham, Alabama
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Perfect for the tourist with it's convenient and safe location. Friendly and helpful staff. The roof top restaurant was a very pleasant surprise. Good food and excellent views of Istanbul. Rooms were ok, with remodeled/updated bath. Hotel was quiet. we were part of a 48 member tour group and overall I heard good comments from my fellow travelers about the Darkhill Hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelsWithJenny

missouri
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel while we were on a Gate I tour of Turkey. The location of this hotel was fabulous. Walking distance to the Grand Bazar and one block away from the hotel to the tram which takes you to all the must see sights. The hotel staff was so attentive and helpful. We arrived 2 days before our tour started without our luggage. It was early in the morning and they got us into a room right away. The hotel made numerous calls and we retrieved our luggage. The rooms were spacious enough for my husband and myself and the food was delicious. I especially liked the pool and spa with the Turkish bath and sauna at no charge. (massage extra) The location is excellent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank judya13

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 27, 2013

-The most fantastic thing about this hotel is it's location. Honestly, there isn't better. The hotel is placed in the middle of a small shopping district with restaurants all around. You can get to anywhere by the tram/metro, especially if you are a tourist. The tram stop is a minute walk away and very affordable and easy to use.
-The hotel itself was very nice. When I read the reviews about this hotel, I was expecting the worst, but really I don't see what everyone is complaining about.
-Staff were so helpful and kind, even though sometimes there was a language barrier, it wasn't hard to find someone who could understand you.
-The breakfast was ok but could have been better. I suggest to the hotel that they put more kid friendly choices such as a wider variety of cereal and maybe even waffles or pancakes. If you like cheese and meat, you will love this buffet, as there is a wide variety of these types of food. They changed the hot platter everyday but then circled back to the same stuff all over again. Overall, it was good, but could have been better. For egg omelets and orange juice, you had to pay, which I found a little ridiculous.
-The rooms were a bit small as were the beds but nothing unbearable. The view was nice. The carpet was a little stained, but the room was regularly cleaned. The bathrooms were very clean and the water was always hot and refreshing, always good after a long day of sightseeing.
-Don't depend much on the TV as most of the channels are in Turkish. At night there are more English channels, which have some good shows.
-The Wifi depends on the room that you are in, but was good for us.
-Unfortunately the terrace and rooftop pool was closed when we stayed at Darkhill so we had to use the indoor pool which had some great jets, good for muscle relaxing after a long day of walking. We also used the free spa services such as the sauna and Turkish bath. They were both very enjoyable.
-I suggest that you do not use the airport transportation from the hotel because it is very costly.
-Hope you find my review helpful. :)

Room Tip: 5th Floor but sometimes you can hear construction noise from the 6th floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Hana T

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Positives: Great view at the top terrace. Nice design. Decent breakfast. Close to train station. Clean.
Negatives: It took them ONE HOUR to get us into our PRE-BOOKED room (though they were kind enough to arrange a prayer space for me in the meanwhile).
The room was pretty small.
I was not informed that the view from my room would be a brick wall on all sides/my neighbour's room.
I called before midnight to ask for a thin blanket as there were none provided (only bed sheets). They never sent anything up. Worst of all, it was my honeymoon night.
Overall, I wouldn't go again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Esma238
DarkHill, Manager at Darkhill Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +90212 638 89 00

Reviewed June 10, 2013

darkhill is a hotel where i would never stay again! toilets always stink! they never cleaned good enough.. i always saw hairs on the ground where i did know they didn't clean good enough.. always a bad smell.. new remodeling the terrace, so we had no chance to see it..becsuse of the remodeling it was really loud .. this hotel was too expensive! it was worth it for the half price what we paid.. then i would give a good feedback.. but for that price and for the 4 stars its just horrible.. small rooms.. small restroom.. loud..no parking allowed! so u have to pay for a otopark what is reallllyyyy expensive.. we paid a lot! and juat for stupid parking.. expensive hotel ..and parking paying over 150TL for 4 days.. it's turkey and its the same price like Europe or america wtf?? ahh yeah a iron is not allowed: )) they have no iron in the rooms.. they iron for u and everything in euro.. its expensive! we had our own iron and they just took it! they didn't ask and tell us they just took it.. where i asked where my iron is they said irons are not allowed it can burn the whole hotel: ))) is soo funny for me because hotels where i went to always gave irons and never saw that they took my stuff from me.. thats rude for me! I'm using a hair straightener why u guys didnt took that? it can also burn u guys hotel: ))) the reason for no iron is they wanna make money and they want iron ur stuff: ) breakfast is bad just tryed one day and no more.. not muxh options ..didn't like it.. turkey is not that! u guys have to show the real turkey and the beautiful good sides from it..

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank snow86
DarkHill, Manager at Darkhill Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear snow8 ,
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.
You were aware exactly the hotel rates when you have booked the hotel with your own will! So If you have paid maybe nothing , you would give good feedback?
We do not allow irons in the rooms due to general safety because we had a bad experience before by a hotel guest who has forgotten the iron plugged which could be burn the hotel room.
The hotel has no own parking place ,and does not force the guests to pay the parking fee even it is cheaper or higher .This could be only your own decision to accept paying the fees for any services which the hotel does not provide at the property.
The reasons for giving very bad ratings for the hotel do not seem very realistic in your review and it does seem that it is hard to make you a happy guest, just because you did not want to pay for anything.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.