“Will go again- Excellent location, especially for tourists”
Review of Darkhill Hotel

Darkhill Hotel
Ranked #379 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Will go again- Excellent location, especially for tourists”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

-The most fantastic thing about this hotel is it's location. Honestly, there isn't better. The hotel is placed in the middle of a small shopping district with restaurants all around. You can get to anywhere by the tram/metro, especially if you are a tourist. The tram stop is a minute walk away and very affordable and easy to use.
-The hotel itself was very nice. When I read the reviews about this hotel, I was expecting the worst, but really I don't see what everyone is complaining about.
-Staff were so helpful and kind, even though sometimes there was a language barrier, it wasn't hard to find someone who could understand you.
-The breakfast was ok but could have been better. I suggest to the hotel that they put more kid friendly choices such as a wider variety of cereal and maybe even waffles or pancakes. If you like cheese and meat, you will love this buffet, as there is a wide variety of these types of food. They changed the hot platter everyday but then circled back to the same stuff all over again. Overall, it was good, but could have been better. For egg omelets and orange juice, you had to pay, which I found a little ridiculous.
-The rooms were a bit small as were the beds but nothing unbearable. The view was nice. The carpet was a little stained, but the room was regularly cleaned. The bathrooms were very clean and the water was always hot and refreshing, always good after a long day of sightseeing.
-Don't depend much on the TV as most of the channels are in Turkish. At night there are more English channels, which have some good shows.
-The Wifi depends on the room that you are in, but was good for us.
-Unfortunately the terrace and rooftop pool was closed when we stayed at Darkhill so we had to use the indoor pool which had some great jets, good for muscle relaxing after a long day of walking. We also used the free spa services such as the sauna and Turkish bath. They were both very enjoyable.
-I suggest that you do not use the airport transportation from the hotel because it is very costly.
-Hope you find my review helpful. :)

Room Tip: 5th Floor but sometimes you can hear construction noise from the 6th floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Hana T
DarkHill, Manager at Darkhill Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +90 212 638 89 00

Murat Topacoglu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Positives: Great view at the top terrace. Nice design. Decent breakfast. Close to train station. Clean.
Negatives: It took them ONE HOUR to get us into our PRE-BOOKED room (though they were kind enough to arrange a prayer space for me in the meanwhile).
The room was pretty small.
I was not informed that the view from my room would be a brick wall on all sides/my neighbour's room.
I called before midnight to ask for a thin blanket as there were none provided (only bed sheets). They never sent anything up. Worst of all, it was my honeymoon night.
Overall, I wouldn't go again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Esma238

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +90212 638 89 00

Reviewed June 10, 2013

darkhill is a hotel where i would never stay again! toilets always stink! they never cleaned good enough.. i always saw hairs on the ground where i did know they didn't clean good enough.. always a bad smell.. new remodeling the terrace, so we had no chance to see it..becsuse of the remodeling it was really loud .. this hotel was too expensive! it was worth it for the half price what we paid.. then i would give a good feedback.. but for that price and for the 4 stars its just horrible.. small rooms.. small restroom.. loud..no parking allowed! so u have to pay for a otopark what is reallllyyyy expensive.. we paid a lot! and juat for stupid parking.. expensive hotel ..and parking paying over 150TL for 4 days.. it's turkey and its the same price like Europe or america wtf?? ahh yeah a iron is not allowed: )) they have no iron in the rooms.. they iron for u and everything in euro.. its expensive! we had our own iron and they just took it! they didn't ask and tell us they just took it.. where i asked where my iron is they said irons are not allowed it can burn the whole hotel: ))) is soo funny for me because hotels where i went to always gave irons and never saw that they took my stuff from me.. thats rude for me! I'm using a hair straightener why u guys didnt took that? it can also burn u guys hotel: ))) the reason for no iron is they wanna make money and they want iron ur stuff: ) breakfast is bad just tryed one day and no more.. not muxh options ..didn't like it.. turkey is not that! u guys have to show the real turkey and the beautiful good sides from it..

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank snow86
Dear snow8 ,
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.
You were aware exactly the hotel rates when you have booked the hotel with your own will! So If you have paid maybe nothing , you would give good feedback?
We do not allow irons in the rooms due to general safety because we had a bad experience before by a hotel guest who has forgotten the iron plugged which could be burn the hotel room.
The hotel has no own parking place ,and does not force the guests to pay the parking fee even it is cheaper or higher .This could be only your own decision to accept paying the fees for any services which the hotel does not provide at the property.
The reasons for giving very bad ratings for the hotel do not seem very realistic in your review and it does seem that it is hard to make you a happy guest, just because you did not want to pay for anything.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Beijing, China
Reviewed June 3, 2013

It was very difficult to communicate with the staff. Only sometimes we could find somebody with a decent English, understanding us and we could understand him. The room was a little dark and the flooring not very new anymore. The bathroom was o.k. and so were the amenities. The breakfast had a good choice with only funny that one has to pay for fresh orange juice and eggs (boiled eggs are free) . But this is minor. Wi-Fi in the rooms was very slow or no connection possible and have to go to the lobby/reception area. The location is excellent both walking and by tram. It’s a little bit noisy in the early morning when the windows are open. One should may be choose a higher floor. As a resume there are or sure better hotels but may be also more expensive. For a stay for 3 or 4 days it is acceptable.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors with a view and not opposite the next buildings
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank sweetgelato

Tbilisi
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great hotel! I liked it! Comfortable, clean,very good services, great staff (special thanks to Devrim, Ali, Sezer for the kindness and helpful), good location (near old city, tram,shopping)! I have only one recommendation please add extra dishes during breakfast:). Next time I will stay only in this hotel in Istanbul!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ReshilA307

tunbridge wells
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Excellent service at all times and extremely helpful with organising trips. A very good breakfast and good dinner with plenty of choice. Our bedroom was very comfortable and clean. It is easy to get to the tram and walking distance to the Grand Bazaar. We didn't take advantage of the spa but it looked good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank caroline v

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I do liked this hotel
very clean
Rooms are good
very good services
very good breakfast buffet
swimmingpoll is very nice with amazing view to the sea
i like the breakfast area ... Its in a lovely lication
hotel is in lalaly ... Very near to markets and shopping
near to mosques ans sea