“The Best In Istanbul Old City”
Review of Esans Hotel

Esans Hotel
Ranked #31 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Burbank, California
“The Best In Istanbul Old City”
Reviewed January 7, 2011

It was my first time in Istanbul Old City. We found Esans Hotel in reviews here and was wondering about it till the last moment. It definitely made us satistied. A great location. It is at the foot of Topkapi Palace and Hagia Sophia. The staff really do their utmost to make you feel at Home. Even my sickness a bit restricted us, the staff kept their eye on us and supplied us some medicines and herbal tea for my throat. They treat like we are one of their relatives. It is very important to understand real Culture instead of touristic attractions. The room was very spacious, nice and clean. We suggest it definitely.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank f_j0hns0n

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed January 4, 2011

The location, the staff, the room itself was all very awesome. i didnt know much about istanbul but they helped me have the best stay ever!!!! If i ever go back to istanbul, I would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank Jiezhu
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We came to spend Christmas and my birthday in Istanbul, a time which was absolutely fantastic. This beautiful hotel added so much to making our visit so special. The rooms are clean, spacious, beautifully decorated and unique, and the staff including the owner are knowledgable, kind and very very helpful. This hotel is certainly a gem in the middle of city's historical highlights and is one of a kind that deserves to be recommeded to any visitor who enjoy the comforts of extraordinary boutique hotels.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sim S
richmond va usa
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I must confess I search for value whenever I look for hotels. When I was looking for my Istanbul stay, I compared Esans prices with other options and Esans prices were higher. However I was impressed with reviews here- so went aheas and booke a superior triple room. However I was cynical and apprehensive before landing there. But finally I am happy that it was the right choice. The big advantages of hotel are "Customer service" and "location". Elegantly decorated rooms. It is like staying at a home away from home. Any reasonable request you have - you can voice it- and stay assured that it will be taken care of. With vegetarian choices, we wanted to use their microwave, it was no problem. The wireless internet signal in room was weak- bu end of trip- a new router had been installed to take care of that. I could borrow ethernet cable from them. Folks who look after the hotel are well educated professionals who appreciate the concerns of travelers and go the extra mile to help them. Our departure time was before "official commencement of breakfast"- but they were able to arrange sthg for us. Breakfast was good. I would just recommend them to include more information on Istanbul within their repertoire to help the guests.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank travelking123
esanshotel, Manager at Esans Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. So valuable for us.

As per our mission of preserving our own distinctive ethnics, esthetics and cultural dynamics rather than only trade and commercial activities in Turkey, we pay maximum efforts to make our guests comfort and understand, feel & live Turkish culture with correct perception.

We definitely take your recommendations and proceed accordingly.

Thank you very much. It was great to welcome you.
Best Regards
Esans Hotel Team
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I like spending time on the old city istanbul during my business trips. Esans Hotel is like a secret place in Istanbul old city and a next door neighbour to the Topkapi Palace. The staff has very friendly and hospital in treatment. Well, the hotel has well welcoming atmosphere, which really surrounds you in a glance as you enter the very well restored old building. The location made it extremely easy to walk to all of the old city important sights like the St. Sophia church and Sultanahmet. Staff also advise me some nice advanced sights to see in the old city, like old book seller bazaar saaflar and chora museum. That was something I coluld never have checked, without local advise. The rooms are very nice decorated with colourful textiles giving a nice and comfortable sleep. The breakfast was nice also. Not a 5 -3 star hotel breakfast ok, but it was nice to have some local kinds of mezes and hot plates and fresh orange juice. It was also so kind of the staff to let me check in early in the morning without asking any extracost. I could say I'm really highly satisfied with an even short 4 days stay and I'm definitely planning to come with my friends, enjoy Istanbul on a much longer opportunity.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Anton1977
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed December 31, 2010

I didnt know much about Istanbul but the staff there helped plan all the places that are worth seeing and I had a lot of fun! the rooms are cozy and very clean! Everything was within walkable distance and the people the worked there made my trip all the better! Definitely worth the price and I would for sure recommend it to all my friends!!!!!

1 Thank jasxie90
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Reviewed December 30, 2010

The location of the hotel is just perfect. Even though its really close to all the major attractions, its still very peaceful at night. The staff there are extremely helpful in planning my staying in Istanbul.

1 Thank jasminexie