Lowest prices for your stay
$75
NeS
Perfect location, good breakfast
Review of Esans Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 13, 2019
Small but Cozy room. Good location. Almost all important historical monuments at walking distance from hotel. Very good breakfast. Helpful and friendly staff. Nice view of Bosphorus river from breakfast lounge.
Date of stay: September 2019
3.2 miles from Esans Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Istanbul
1,031 results
All reviews hagia sophia blue mosque no lift walking distance golden horn engin terrace heart tram palace tourist
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

We booked this hotel direct. The service provided from start to finish was very professional.

On arrival we were greeted by our lovely chicken ( cetin!) who had loads of energy. He helped us with our luggage and helped us with our stay. Very friendly and made us as a family feel very welcome. Thank-you

On front desk engine ( ingin) also worked and was very helpful about tours and gave good advice about our trips. It was really good to have the guys there as we had a good time and they spent time with us as a family.

They really made an effort with our children, eventho our daughter wouldn’t say hello to them!!!

They both always asked if we needed help with anything.

Breakfast was amazing and the lady who served us would go over and beyond. Very lovely lady. I will attach a photo of her!

The room we were in was really big and suitable for us 4 ( 2 adults and 2 children)

It was cleaned daily to first class standard. Thank you again.

Esans is in a perfect location. We loved it as it was perfect location and perfect staff. Perfect in every way.

There was a personal touch which you don’t get when you are staying at a bigger chain hotel.

We all will miss turkey. See you soon

Sobhia, khalid, zain and haleema!!!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank mahmood34
cenkerdem, Yönetici at Esans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. It is very important to have your feedback. Your review is so amazing.
It made us laugh a lot. We pass your nice words to all staff.

We try best to advise local experiences and tastes to our guests. The best food, the best authentical attractions, the best place to have Turkish Tea... We want our guests to live Istanbul like a Turkish People. Not only touristics attractions. So they can remember better.

Hope to see you again in our Hotel

Thank you for choosing us.
Best Regards
Hotel Team

Reviewed August 14, 2019

The hotel is very well located, short walking distance from the main attractions, and in a very quiet area. The air conditioning works very well, the bed is comfortable and the shower is excellent. The staff is very friendly and you always feel very welcome there. I haven't tried the breakfast.

Room tip: Try to avoid the rooms of the ground floor. I believe it can be quite noisy because of the others guests walking in front of your door.
Date of stay: August 2019
3  Thank edupc
Reviewed August 6, 2019

We had the 3-bed room, very nicely decorated, spacious and nice view on the sea! Everyone in the hotel, from guys at the reception, to cleaners and cooking lady, are really nice and it feels like staying in a family. We had all needed comfort to explore Istanbul. Glad we stayed in a more central place this time as previous times we simply lost too much time in transit.
Cheers to everyone in this place, keep up the good work!

Date of stay: June 2019
3  Thank chiaraSofia
Reviewed July 15, 2019

I spent four nights here. The hotel is perfectly situated for a tourist extravaganza in Sultanahmet. Our room with private bath was on the second floor, and was lovely, clean, and functional. We were provided an electric kettle with a supply of teabags and teacups. Breakfast was abundant, diverse, and tasty, and served on the rooftop terrace. Be aware that if you stay at Esans, you will climb a lot of stairs. Stairs from the street to reception, stairs to your room, stairs up to breakfast. There is a railing and light, but for anyone with disability, this may be a concern. Reception staff speak English, and were very eager to assist us with our plans. Staff talked through options for our brief stay, and assisted us with bookings. We appreciated the service.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank DonnaSPDX
esanshotel, Yönetici at Esans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment it is very important to have your comments. So we can control our level of service.

We are glad to hear that you liked our hotel and Istanbul. We do everything The best food, the best authentic attractions, the best place for Turkish tea wad ... Not just tourist attractions. So they can remember better.

I hope to see you again in our hotel

Best regards
Hotel team

Reviewed July 11, 2019

Pros:
- Excellent breakfast
- Friendly staff
- Great location

Cons:
- Noise may be an issue

I stayed at the Esans for 6 nights in July 2019. Overall, it was a good experience and I'd recommend it.

The three guys at reception who I met during my stay were each friendly and welcoming, and gave helpful advice on what to visit. I could tell they were nice guys from the start. The location of the hotel is fantastic - literally 6 or 7 minutes walk (uphill) from Sulanahmet Square, where a lot of the main tourist sites can be found including Hagia Sofia and the Blue Mosque.

Rooms are located on each of the four floors, with the ground floor having the two small economy rooms (where I stayed for 4 of my 6 nights). The economy size room is small, but was adequate for me as a solo traveller. The ensuite bathroom and shower was fine. The floors above have larger rooms, which are more suitable for couples or families. All rooms have double beds.

For me, one of the best things about the hotel was the breakfast, which included vegetables, olives, cakes, fresh honey, etc. All very tasty and will set you up well for the day ahead. Breakfast is served on the top floor and there's a nice view overlooking the Bosporus and the city walls. There are 3 tables on the outside patio, where I sat a couple of times.

The one downside I should note is that there is a noise issue here. This especially applies to the Economy rooms on the ground floor, which are directly next to the reception, although other rooms also have thin walls and ceilings. I should note that this was not a problem for me, as I used earplugs during my stay and I was also sufficiently tired from exploring each day that I actually slept very well. However, I know that it did affect other guests staying at the same time as me. If you're at all sensitive to noise, this will probably be an issue.

Other Istanbul tips:

- Don't buy a SIM card at the airport unless you absolutely must do. Wait until you get into the city where they're half the price.

- Check the opening days and times for the things you want to visit. Some places close on Mondays or Tuesdays. Check ahead to avoid disappointment.

- Be careful of street hustlers trying to get you into their shops or take a tour somewhere. They will start by being polite and giving you advice and then after getting you chatting, invite you into their carpet shop. In all the tourist areas, you'll have people trying to give you the 'hard sell' and it can get tiring after a while.

- If you're wanting to take a boat / ferry along the Bosphorus, consider getting the public ferry at 25 lira return. This is much cheaper than the private tours you'll see around and just as good in my view.

Date of stay: July 2019