“cosy place with nice, helpful people”
Review of Esans Hotel

Esans Hotel
Ranked #26 of 1,171 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I am rather picky person and usually dont write such reviews but I really need to write few good sentences for Esans family hotel and people that runs it because everything there was excellent. Rooms are so lovely, you have filling of staying in some relatives home, boys at reception are helpful with informations and calling to reserve some show, taxi or whatever is needed, breakfast is so delicous (mmm pancakes, good jam and some nice bread spreads, among other things) and turkish coffee or tea for free when you come back after whole day walking through Bazaar and spending much money for every little thing. I would recommend to everyone who wants to experience best of Sultanahmet.....

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view on the see
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Esans hotel has an excellent location close to some of the "must see" sights of Istanbul. The rooms are clean and comfortable and clean towels appear every day. The staff are very friendly and will advise on places to visit with directions etc. If you want value for money, then I would strongly recommend this hotel. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: There are only stairs to the rooms, therefore may not be suitable for people with restricted mobilit...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James Y
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was a little surprised when my (complimentary) airport shuttle dropped me off in a quiet side street in front of what looked like a small, old apartment block. Had there been some sort of mistake? Was this Esans Hotel? My fears were soon dispelled, however: as soon as I walked through the front door I was greeted by name, my luggage was whisked away, I was offered hot drinks and snacks, and made to feel at home (just what I needed after a bad experience at the airport!).

From that moment and for the rest of the week I was staying in Istanbul, I felt that Esans was a home away from home, and not just another hotel. Everything about the experience was overwhelmingly positive: the staff members were extremely friendly and efficient, and went out of their way to help make my stay enjoyable (offering thoughtful sightseeing advice, making bookings for me, replying promptly to emailed queries etc.). The location was perfect: within close walking distance of three of Istanbul's principal attractions, viz. the Sultan Ahmed (Blue) Mosque, the Hagia Sophia and the Topkapı Palace, and about a 10min walk from a tram stop; very near to a number of nice restaurants and stores; and yet not itself on a busy or noisy road. My room was smallish but nevertheless comfortable and clean. The breakfasts were generous and varied. Finally, it was really, really good value for money!

I will confidently recommend Esans Hotel to my friends and family. And if/when I return to Istanbul, I know where I will be staying!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Vinesh R
Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was such a nice stay with our family. All the rooms are nice decorated with clean, no hair in the bathroom which I really dislike. So nice owners and working relatives in such beautiful nice family run hotel. Very centrally location with many nice mosques and museums. They give us several maps as complimentary each time with useful information. Definitely come back again.

• Stayed: January 2013
esanshotel, Manager at Esans Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. It is our most priorty duty to monitor our service.
Your feedbacks are so important for us.

We are happy to hear that your enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Hope to welcome you again in our Hotel.
Best Regards
Esans Hotel Team

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great Hotel in Istanbul

The hotel has very nice location in Istanbul. We could walk through Saint Sophia, Topkapi Museums and all others easily. The room was very well decorated. The working staff is perfect so friendly. The breakfast was much better than our other hotels in Turkey. Each day we have cleaning in the room. So well fresh. We will definitely come back to the same hotel in May.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in Esans hotel. Wonderful service, great location, cosy, beautifully decorated rooms and an amazing Turkish breakfast every morning contributed to making our stay really pleasant. We will definitely be booking in here for our next trip to Istanbul!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

It is an amazing hotel which could not have been located at a better place. It is right in the middle of Old Istanbul beside all the major sights. Rooms are very spacious and clean with really nice Turkish decor. Breakfast is really nice and fresh with range of dishes. We also really enjoyed personal caring service provided by the staff.
I will recommend this Hotel to my friends and family travelling to Turkey.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple