WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Senatus Suites

Senatus Suites
Ranked #2 of 1,106 Hotels in Istanbul
Jakarta
“Service Beyond and Thank You”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

After reading multiple positive reviews and accolades before and after our family trip, I am thinking of what else to add to this hotel's review...:-)

So here it is. Our personal review.

TANER, thank you for making our FIRST IMPRESSION OF ISTANBUL AND TURKEY, a GREAT ONE. Your reception for us at the Millenium was warm, hospitable, and friendly. That first note started us on the right footing, and from then on, it only confirmed to us how much we like the people of Turkey, a nation of warmth, cleanliness and hospitality.

ALPER(manager) , Alper, Aku, Hanifi( did I get it right? Aku's brother and their mom..
What SERVICE!! Change currency, endless apple teas and coffee service, muesli hunt when Sarah needed it, conversations when we felt for it, instant bookings of cars, drivers, tours, whatever style eggs we felt for at breakfast, contacting our hotel in Antalya....the list goes on.
And! Putting me in the ground floor room because my foot is not stair-able

The hotel is a small hotel, along Akbiyik street, a street of many hotels, restaurants and shops. Just a walk away from the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, Arasta Bazaar, and the Topkapi Palace.

If you are looking for something that is not commercial, the usual hotel chain, and you like the extra touches given in generous and warm service, then this is the hotel to pick. Extra bonus is the close proximity to attractions.

I don't usually post my name on these reviews, but I am sure the hotel willl know who I am when I tell them I had my first backgammon game with a Turk, at the Millenium Suites;-))

Thank you again, for making our stay in Istanbul enjoyable, family like, and so positively etched in our travel journeys. We love Turkey because of people like YOU

Room Tip: Do email the hotel to tell them what you wish for.The streets are generally quiet, so there's no...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,
Given that there are so many beautiful hotels in Istanbul ,I would like to thank you for choosing Millennium Suites. We all here are very much looking forward to serving you with Turkish hospitality.

We are pleased to know you will come back and you enjoyed our location,our boutique guest room ,the service that we have to provide and hope you enjoyed your visit in the city.As so many reviewers have mentioned, we very much enjoy providing a memorable stay for our guests.
It would be our pleasure to host you again.

Sending our greetings to your family and to anyone who is a part of your life.

Managing Partner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Millennium Suites is a wonderful hidden gem. Centrally located in the old city within walking distance of magnificent historic sites. We felt safe, well cared for by an exceptional staff--knowledgeable, attentive, friendly, highly competent and responsive--who answered all of our questions and guided us through the intricacies of being away from our comfort zone in a foreign city we'd not previously explored. Our room on the 4th floor was great: beautiful decor, well designed layout, luxurious bed, nice bathroom--with large windows filled with flowers offering nice views of the intriguing street below. Delicious breakfast to be enjoyed inside or in comfortable outdoor seating where we could eat, drink, and enjoy talking with friends while basking in the sunshine and enjoying the street sights of this wonderful neighborhood in Istanbul.

Room Tip: Although there is no elevator, we enjoyed our ascent up the beautiful marble spiral staircase to our...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jane215
Dear valued guest,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback . As you mentioned each room in the hotel has its individual home from home charm and I was so happy that you found the rooms along with the service to your liking.
I do hope that you will come and visit us again in the near future.
Kind regards,

Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Millenium Suites for part of our honeymoon and could not have asked for a better hotel in Istanbul. Alper was a fabulous host and did not hesitate to offer us anything we needed during our stay. The hotel is located only blocks from the Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque and Roman Cistern, so very convenient and along a quaint, quiet street lined with cafes. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Istanbul. In short, the rooms are very nice, the location is perfect and the staff is friendly, welcoming and make you feel at home. Thanks, Alper!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jeff R
Dear Valued Guest,
I was really pleased to read your very lovely feedback. I was delighted that you found that the hotel met your expectations.Our hotel has 7 boutique guest rooms and 9 staff so we can focus on our guests needs and ensure they are well cared for.I have passed on your kind words to my team here
It is all of the teams aim here to ensure our guests have a perfect stay with us so I thank you once again for taking the time to post your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards
Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We travelled late June for a 4 days visit to Istanbul. My wife and I stayed at the Millennium suites Hotel. We were positively surprised by warm welcome by the manager. Room was nicely decorated and included a private terrace. Breakfast was average and people were very service oriented.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

My first and by far my best experience of Turkish hospitality. I was travelling on my own at a time of some unrest in Istanbul but thanks to the attentive care and advice of the exceptional staff team, I explored this magnificent city with confidence and the best recommendations. I had a room on the 1st floor, street side and didn't find the vibrant street life to be too intrusive. The location was perfect for me, close to many of the key landmarks, the great tram system and on a lively, bustling street full of restaurants including Magnaura Cafe opposite that provides service to the hotel outdoor seating with good authentic food and the fun of watching the staff working their charm to attract new customers. I can only confirm the previous positive reviews by saying the staff at this boutique hotel provide a genuine, caring and outstanding experience that far exceeded the 5 star luxury hotels I stayed at on my travels. Unexpected coffee and biscuits to my room after an outing, a breakfast omelette with a smiley face and insightful discussions with staff about the political unrest in Turkey are all special memories from this very special hotel. Warmest appreciation and thanks to both the Alpers, Hanifi, Taner and the rest of the team.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SarahMelbourne
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for choosing the Millennium Suites for your visit to Istanbul. I appreciate you sharing your experience.It has been very well received and shared with all working here.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you again.

Sending our greetings to anyone who is a part of your life.

Directing manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

we stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and from the moment we arrived until the very last minute of our stay we were treated to its best by every employee. The rooms are clean and spacious, the breakfast was delicious!we enjoyed our breakfast in the front patio every morning! Location is perfect, walking distance to the mosque, palaces, great restaurants nearby. Thank you everyone at Millenium Suites for making our stay so pleasant!!

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our first stay at this boutique hotel. It is handsomely managed and intimate in its service. Well located to Sultanahmet and the old city.

Rooms are well furnished and really comfortable. Space is adequate and inclusions are good.
Service is the ‘speciality of this house’ with all staff going out of their way to make one’s stay comfortable and supported. Nothing is too much trouble and the guidance is of a high quality. It has a family feel without being too familiar.....

Breakfast is light and adequate, and the evenings meals are enjoyable. The hotel has an arrangement with a neighbouring restaurant for dinner. The restaurant Magnaura rated in TripAdvisor’s top 150 of Istanbul’s 2300 or so restaurants provides the food and the servers.

We will come here again...definitely so because people like Tanner, Alpher and managing partner Alpher make this a great join to stay in......

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple