“Excellent location, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Senatus Suites

Senatus Suites
Ranked #2 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
“Excellent location, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a short trip to Istanbul and found it a cosy nicely located hotel. The staff is very friendly and the room is of good size, clean and comfortable though not really a suite. The most important aspect for me for a short trip is location. It is located on a street with restaurants and shops and is within close walking distance to the historic site of Istanbul making everything very convenient. The Sultanameth area is the best area to stay in Istanbul for tour.

Room Tip: Maybe an upper floor room with a window could be good but there is no lift, you may have to walk up...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Millennium S, Owner at Senatus Suites, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for choosing the Millennium Suites for your visit to Istanbul. I appreciate you sharing your experience.It has been well received and shared with all working here.

I am very happy to know you enjoyed your stay and I am glad to know that your next time in the old city, we will again be your home away from home.
Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Millennium Suites.Sending our greetings to anyone who is a part of your life.

Directing manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I had a very pleasant 5-night stay in Millennium Suites. Hotel had only 7 rooms and we stayed in Rm 301. It was a good sized room. Bed was comfortable. Toilet was well stocked though there is no tub. Turkish breakfast was included in the rate. It was sumptuous and we enjoyed the freshly baked breads. Wifi is also included which is very convenient. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit the major sights of Istanbul. The Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, and Basilica Cistern are all within an easy stroll from this hotel. Lots of food choices too abound in this area. Many thanks to Alper, Arsu, and the rest of the staff of Millennium. Great job! Keep it up!

Room Tip: Room 201 has a private balcony. For those who prefer a quieter space, pick one of the odd numbered...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my great team ensured you were taken care of. I hope you can visit us again soon. As always I have passed on your kind words to the team.
Kind regards,
Managing Partner
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

What can I say about our stay at the Millenium Hotel that hasn't been stated time and time again on this site? There's a common theme that makes this hotel undeniably great, that makes it rise above the uncounted choices we have as travelers.

Is it the location? Which is exceptional - nestled a few blocks away from the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque close enough to walk, yet far enough away to have a bit of peace from the thousands who are flocking to these tremendous historical locations. Is it the rooms? Spacious, comfortable and clean with all the conveniences one has come to expect from modern hotels. The Millenium Suites has all this and more but numerous hotels can boast the same claims. No, what makes this hotel unique and worthy of all the high praise on this site is Alper and his staff.

From the moment my wife and I checked in - Alper, Arzu and Taner catered to our every needs, went above and beyond in helping us make this the best vacation we could possibly have. Be it travel advice, a Turkish coffee with some amazing pastries, directions, patiently teaching us a few Turkish phrases or being a tour guide on newly discovered ruins - they were always there happy to assist.

They became a staple of our vacation, as we came to look forward to our breakfasts, our chance to sit down and talk to Alper and Arzu. Or in the evening, with Arzu and Taner, sitting and talking modern Turkish history over a glass of wine.

Vacations are what you make them, but on occasion you meet people who help make them for you. THIS is what the Millenium Suites has to offer, that puts them head and shoulders above their contemporaries - they open their arms, invite you in, bring you a Turkish coffee and proceed to make your stay not just memorable, but a life experience.

Thank you Alper, Arzu, Taner and all the staff of the Millenium Suites, we hope to see you again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jason M
Many thanks for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. I was so happy that you,your wife enjoyed your stays with us.

It is the fantastic team that I am lucky to have here, including all the names you mentioned, that make Millennium Suites a very special place to work and for our guests to stay in. I have passed on your very kind words to them and I hope thay we will have the chance to meet your expectations again in the very near future.
My kindest regards,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We recently booked a room at this hotel for 3 adults. When we arrived, the owner was concerned that 3 adults would not be comfortable and had arranged for one of us to stay at the "sister" hotel next door without charging us extra. The rooms in both hotels were wonderful. They went out of their way to make certain we were comfortable. The food was good, they were very attentive and eager to meet our every request and did so efficiently. I recommend anyone staying at this hotel. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you, once again, enjoyed our service and that the great team I am proud to have here have also once again exceeded your expectations. I have passed your comments on to them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your "Istanbul" home in the near future.

Kind regards,

Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

The only words I can think of to describe our stay here is "AMAZING"! The hospitality here is out of this world! And that says alot coming from a Southern girl! The managing owner, Alper, was simply amazing as he welcomed us to the hotel! It was as though he was greeting us as "old friends" staying in his home! He and his team were Very accomodating and always there to greet you, assist you and make reccomendations!

We were given a suite with a private balcony and greeted with a bottle of turkish wine and fruit basket in our room! Come to find out the balcony wall was a standing wall from a lost palace that had not been preserved and recently located! You could not escape the beautiful history there if you tried!

Also attached to the basket were little pins of eyes symbolizing "to ward off evil" for our stay. Jason and I pinned one to our clothes everyday! When my husband and I would come back from our sightseeing, we would sit outside in the european feel courtyard and immediately and without asking we would be given a turkish tea/coffee and pastry!

The complimentary breakfast was plentiful and amazing! Arzu, the food coordinator, was happy to offer you eggs made your way! Delicious!

I looked forward to the evenings where I could sit and share wine and stories with the staff, specifically Alper, Arzu and Tanar!

I can't say enough about their hospitality and I would highly recommend staying here! as we know we will again!

We were sad to go as we know we didn't just leave the best vacation of our life, but also left our friends! We miss them and look forward to seeinv them again soon!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank cynthia303

My kindest regards,
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I and another couple spent the last week of August in Istanbul and we were very satisfied with our stay at Millenium Suites. Since the very first minute, everyone was so nice to us that it was hard to believe that for the price we paid we could get such wonderful service. First, we were welcomed with complimentary wine and beer and the the guy at the front desk, who was very friendly, gave us some very good recommendations for tours and places to eat. He even made a reservation for us at the restaurant we had dinner at the first night (which wasn't the one at the hotel) and he even took us there since it was a little confusing.
The hotel itself is small and the rooms are not huge but they are clean and very well maintained. The free breakfast is very good, which consists of fresh fruit, pastries, yogurt, cereal, coffee and eggs.
One of the best things about this hotel though, is the location. It's surrounded by shops and there's lots of options for eating and drinking and it's just around the corner from the Hagia Sophia and the Topkapi Palace. Overall, this is a great hotel and you get a very good value for your money. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Millennium S, Manager at Senatus Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012

Directing manager
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Super nice and helpful staff. I'v felt so welcome and taken care off. They have great tips, make sure you are safe and support you in every possible way. The location is super convinient around all main sites. Literally two minutes from the Hagia Sofia. I would absolutely recommend staying here again. I certrainly will. Breakfast was super with a nice mix of local food and everything else you could possible want for breakfast. You can not go wrong if you like staying at small personable hotels that have charm.

Room Tip: If you want it toally quiet ask for a room facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Millennium S, Owner at Senatus Suites, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear valued guest,
We can not thank you enough for taking time to post such a good feedback .We are delighted to receive your comments.

I am very proud and excited to work in a great hotel and with great ladies and gentlemen.I will pass on your thanks to each and every one of the team .

I wish all the best to you and your angel who is going to join you soon

Regards,