“My new home away from home!”
Review of Senatus Suites

Senatus Suites
Ranked #2 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Brooklyn, New York
“My new home away from home!”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

When I decided to travel to Istanbul by myself for the tail end of a six week trip in Europe I knew that I wanted some place that would feel like home and with a good concierge service to help me navigate the city. I could not have expected the comfort and care I received at Millennium Suites as well as the friends I made in the exceptional staff. The airport pick-up relieved any hassle of navigating this new city (and further schlepping of a backpack I'd grown to begrudge after a long five weeks) and the absolutely lovely room was exactly as pictured on the website and just as comfortable. My room was quiet and felt luxuriously large--especially for only one person! It was great to have a little fridge to store water bottles in before heading out into the hot sun and Alper, the manager, did arrange for fresh flowers towards the end of my stay which were beautiful. Throughout my stay I had wonderful conversations with the staff, especially Taner, and enjoyed the ease of being able to eat at the restaurant downstairs and chat with my new friends over a glass of Turkish wine. For a solo traveler, this was an unbelievable find and I will DEFINITELY be staying at the Millennium Suites again.

Room Tip: My room was excellent and was on the top floor facing the street. I'm a very light sleeper, but...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
MillenniumSuites, Manager at Senatus Suites, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
My sincerest thanks for your glowing review of The Millennium Suites Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects fo your stay especially the service you received from the team . I have passed your kind feedback on to them.

I look forward to welcoming you personally on your next stay with us which I hope is very soon.

Kind regards

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Great location, friendly staff, nice, well-maintained room in a boutique hotel. Ample fresh breakfast.

The location is close ( a few short blocks) to many major attractions. Even the Grand Bazaar is within easy walking distance. We were only in Istanbul for two nights and had plenty to do and see locally and never had to resort to a taxi. The narrow street is home to mainly small hotels and street-side restaurants. The Metropolis restaurant (within throwing distance of the hotel) was our favorite. Some restaurants have a rooftop option with a view of the Bosporus.

The cobblestone street is quiet in the morning and bustling later in the day (no sidewalk but fun to walk). The room was street-side and we worried about evening noise but it was no problem and fun to look out on the action.

We would stay there again and would not change a thing (except, perhaps, a lower floor).

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank James C
Millennium S, Owner at Senatus Suites, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear valued guest,
It is difficult to thank you enough for each of your words and choosing our hotel for your trip to Istanbul.Your lovely feedback has been very well received and shared with all working here.

It would be our pleasure to host you again.

Sending our greetings to anyone who is a part of your life.

Managing Partner
Hadda
Reviewed September 17, 2011

When I had to find a hotel, after extending our stay in Istanbul, I found this hotel with a high rating. Few hours After completing my booking, I received a call from the hotel manager, extending his apologies that one of the rooms needs some maintenance that will involve little paint, which will cause a probably fumes. So he offered me to pick me up from the airport, reserving two rooms in an adjacent hotel, holding the same class, and cupones for a free tour, and a free dinner... The offer was hard to resist.
Reaching the adjacent hotel, the Millennium hotel manager was waiting for us, and helped me check in, and when we got to the rooms we found two beautiful flower bouquets, with the compliments of the millennium hotel.
At that time I knew why Millennium hotel is getting the high ratings, even before I step a foot in the hotel; it is the beautiful welcome and the help that they are very happy to extend to their clients.
Having children with us, I needed some extra help, so when I checked the next morning in the hotel, I was given choices to be upgraded, but I didn't want that, we wanted rooms close to each other, so we were given two rooms in one floor (the hotel has only two rooms each floor) and from the stair way you had to open a door to walk to the landing area where the two rooms were, so we had that small hall, our room doors were open, and we had our self a beautiful flat!
We all had a great time! All staff were friendly and helpful, and made us feel welcomed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you, once again, enjoyed our service and that the great team I am proud to have here have also once again exceeded your expectations. I have passed your comments on to them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your "Istanbul" home in the near future.

Kind regards,

Socorro, New Mexico
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Millennium Suites recently and we would definitely stay there again. The room was comfortable and quiet; the staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was wonderful: Akbiyik is a vibrant street in the Sultanamet district which enfolds Byzantine ruins and is filled with Ottoman buildings. Many amazing places including the Hagia Sophia are a pleasant stroll away. We would love to return soon!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
I was really pleased to read your review. I was delighted that you enjoyed all of the service and facilities the hotel has to offer. I have past on your kind words to my team here and I look forward to welcoming you back to Milennium Suites in the near future.

Kind regards and many thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I recently had a two night layover in Istanbul while on business. I selected the Millennium suites based upon its rating and price level listed in Trip Advisor. I am pleased to report that it was a very good decision.

First, the room was very well appointed, clean and comfortable. The bedding and towels were all high quality and clean. The room that I had appeared to be very new.

Second, the staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. They gave very valuable advice about the city (where to go and not to go), sights, tours, etc. They also advised me on good restaurants - even though their in-house restaurant was also very good. There was no on-site laundry; however they made arrangements for laundry service at a better than expected rate which was half the price that you might pay in a normal chain hotel (ie Hilton, Radisson, etc). They also alllowed me to stay well after the check-out time because my departure was later in the day. Finally, they took care of all of my transportations requirements (taxis, airport transfers, etc).

You cannot ask for a better location in the Old City although, to be fair, there are many places that fall into this category. The point is, Millennium Suites is in a prime location which is only 5 minutes stroll to the Blue Mosque, tramway and other surrounding sites. It's also located on a very pleasant street which is bustling in the evening with cafe style restaurants, but yet gets quiet in the late evening (i.e. by 10-11pm). There are no loud clubs to keep you awake at night. For that, one should take a taxi to Taksim (about 15min and 40 Lire away...

If I am ever fortunate enough to visit Istanbul again, I will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
MillenniumSuites, Manager at Senatus Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2011
Dear valued guest,

Kind regards and many thanks

San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The staff at Millennium are what set it apart. In a word, they are amazing. I have never been greeted so warmly and treated so pleasantly in a hotel, and I've stayed at my fair share of Four Seasons and the like (which, by the way, there is one around the corner so that says a lot about the location!). The value for money is excellent, and their Italian chef serves up a great pizza margherita if you are in the mood, and does an equally find job with Turkish fare. I enjoyed sitting at one of their lovely tables on the street watching the world go by while reading my guide app planning my day. The street is full of many tourist friendly hotels and restaurants so you can be completely in your comfort zone if you are a little nervous about coming to Turkey. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
MillenniumSuites, Manager at Senatus Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2011

Kind regards

Athens, Greece
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Excellent Location, very close to Sultanhmet Square. The service was perfect and we will stay there during our next visit to Istanbul.

Julia