“Very good value for money”

Galata Istanbul Hotel
Ranked #579 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a great budget hotel, newly restored, in an excellent location with staff that couldn't be more helpful (especially Ali ). We stayed on the top floor, and our room was extremely spacious,clean, even had a balcony.
Very good location, near historical places of Istanbul. Close to tram station. Clean rooms, basic but nice breakfast, good coffee.

Room Tip: Some rooms with terrasse, just inquire
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank astridutza
There are newer reviews for Galata Istanbul Hotel

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

This is the perfect place in Istanbul 'firstly because of it's location 'the tram station is only a 3-5 minute walk 'all the cafés and restaurants are in the area 'special thanks to their manager Mr.rebi B.sakar and Ibrahim 'these people really know how to serve 'they helped us with our daily plans and helped us with the directions no matter how many times we asked 'they always replied with a smile 'they made me feel at home . Our room was always kept Clean whenever we came back 'clean pressed sheets 'new towels 'I am really happy that I discovered this place They made my stay very comfortable and we left with a smile on our face 'no complaints ! Keep it up and thank you once again for your services

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Momina A
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Me, my friend and son, stayed 5 days at this Nice hotel.
The room was very clean, and a Nice size, with very good beds.
The staff was VERY friendly and helpfuld, spoke good english and always smiling.
There was free water at the room, at Nice breakfast in the morning.
I would recommend this hotel, and would like to stay here again.
Super location for all sights.
They hotel offers Nice and cheap shared transfer to airport.
Susan from Denmark.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 4 Nights and it was Great. The Staff is very friendly and the Rooms are clean and spacious. You are close to hagia sofia, the Blue mosque and the Harbour. To go out you can Either walk (25 min) or take a taxi to taksim (15 TL). We will definitely come back! Thank you

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I visited Istanbul again, and this winter trip was very nice. I stayed at Sirkeci,Nobethane Cadde.The hotel i found is small but very nice, very clean,and location is perfect.The breakfast is good,enough for morning:cucumbers,tomatoes,cheese,sausages,eggs,jams,etc....You never will be hungry because a lot different restaurants and cafe aroung Nobethane street....I wish to say my thanks to owner of hotel,Mr.Aydin Kaya, also to Mr.Esat, to Ibrahim Ayhan,to Zafer, and to Aynur. I plan to visit Istanbul at April again, and i will stay at Galata Istanbul Hotel again. Thank you for everything, my dear friends!

Room Tip: I assume every room is good. I liked my room 602 with big window,and i could see Karakoy from my roo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel twice. Staff and management very polite and extremely helpful. Rooms small but nicely decorated. Clean bathrooms with toiletries and lots of hot waterLots of clean towels.. Walking distance to all major attractions, train station and ferry port. No need to use public transport! Room had fridge and tea/coffee facilities.

Room Tip: Nice view of Bospherous from room 702. Also very quiet, ensuring a good nights sleep. Will also arra...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MinnysMagic
Reviewed October 30, 2013

If you want to spend night in clean bed, and discover the old town after good breakfast-this is a place for you. You'll be wellcome with nice cup of tea and the stuff is continously disposed for all your questions. Location is great, so you're only few minutes of leisurely walk away from the most points of turistic interes. I recommended this hotel to my friends, and they were completely satisfied, too. This is "my" hotel for nex visit to Istanbul!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo