We were actually booked to stay at the Best Western Acropol. When we reached that Hotel, we were very upset to be told that this Hotel was under renovation and we were to be relocated at their sister establishment Best Western Premier Home Suites Spa. With no option, we resigned ourselves to our fate. I was really furious that we were not told of this in advance. [I am surprised that Best Western Acropol is still taking bookings when they cannot accommodate the guests and need to relocate them].
We were received warmly at the Home Suites by the Desk Manager Mr.Faruk and the Maitre d'Hotel Mr.Salih. They quickly reassured us and promised to make our stay comfortable.
The room that was initially given to us was changed the following day to a Deluxe suite. It was compact, but clean and cozy. Ours was a family of 4 with 2 teenagers. The room had a separate room with a Queen Bed and there were two sofa-beds in the Living room.
This Hotel is relatively new and furnished with good taste. The Buffet Breakfast is very nice with the option of having cooked eggs to your requirement. The Hotel has facilities for a free Turkish Bath, Sauna & Gym. There is free wireless internet access in all rooms, which is boon. The bathtub also has a Jacuzzi. There were two HD TV's in the suite. Complimentary tea/coffee/water is provided in each room every day. The view from the front facing rooms overlooks the Sea of Marmara.
The Hotel is ideally located in the Sultanahmet district of Istanbul and almost all the major attractions are within walkable distance.
We used the Hotel's airport pickup and drop service which costs 25 Euros [50 TL] each way. I would recommend it as the vehicle is spacious and comfortable.
The staff are extremely polite and attentive to your concerns.
Overall, I must say that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this Hotel and would perhaps visit it in future. It was a blessing in disguise that our initial choice was under renovation.
Our sincere thanks to all the staff, especially Mr.Salih, Mr.Faruk, Mr.Murat & Ms.Zainab, for making our stay memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GLK Premier The Home Suites & Spa-Istanbul is a renovated old town, old house, furnished like a comfortable stylish home, facing the Marmara Sea and Little Hagia Sophia. As you pass through the hotel doors,you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Home Suites & Spa-Istanbul charming. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at Istanbul's professional operating management. Located in the centre of Sultanahmet, you can enjoy the views of historic downtown Istanbul outside, while inside, distinguished décor and thoughtful amenities are evident in every striking detail in each of the 18 luxurious accommodations. Walking distance to Sultanahmet Square ,Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar, and many more historical monuments and more. Just 15km (25 minutes) from Istanbul Ataturk Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your GLK PREMIER The Home Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier The Home Suites And Spa
- Best Western Premier The Home Hotel Istanbul