Having previously lived in Turkey for three years, I had some idea of where I wanted to stay in Istanbul after I talked my family into taking a month-long, summer 'road trip' around the country during the school holidays (July / August 2013). I picked the Best Western purely on price and it's proximity to the heart of the old city (and the cool picture of it lit up at sunset). The four of us (wifey, me and two young boys) arrived in the evening from Amsterdam and, after picking up our hire car at the airport, attempted to negotiate the evening rush hour traffic and locate the hotel where we had planned to spend our first three nights. We had a Google printout supposedly showing us the way; however, it had the Best Western marked about two hundred metres from its actual position (doesn't sound much but the back streets of Istanbul can be difficult to find your way around). In the end we had to ask... turned out we had virtually driven past the doorstep three times already. However, after something like 15 hours travelling, we put all that behind us and gratefully fell into the hotel. The Best Western turned out to be a little gem... fabulous, friendly, helpful staff (special thanks to Ferit, Muzy, Ismail and Lamia) and they got the four of us checked in and settled into our family room in no time at all. The room was clean and comfortable with lashings of hot water for baths and showers and the boys particularly liked the fitness facilities in the basement. The Hippodrome is no more than a 10-minute walk away (although this is steeply uphill) and once there, you can choose between the Blue Mosque, Aghia Sofia, Yerebatan, Topkapi, etc. which are all in the immediate vicinity. There are no shortage of bars and restaurants either, some with rooftop vistas that are particularly relaxing after a hard day's sightseeing. In fact, we loved the hotel so much, that we arranged there and then to return for another couple of nights at the end of trip prior to flying home. If we are ever fortunate enough to be able to visit Istanbul again in the future, then for sure the Best Western will be our hotel of choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GLK Premier The Home Suites & Spa-Istanbul is a renovated old town, old house, furnished like a comfortable stylish home, facing the Marmara Sea and Little Hagia Sophia. As you pass through the hotel doors,you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Home Suites & Spa-Istanbul charming. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at Istanbul's professional operating management. Located in the centre of Sultanahmet, you can enjoy the views of historic downtown Istanbul outside, while inside, distinguished décor and thoughtful amenities are evident in every striking detail in each of the 18 luxurious accommodations. Walking distance to Sultanahmet Square ,Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar, and many more historical monuments and more. Just 15km (25 minutes) from Istanbul Ataturk Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Expedia so you can book your GLK PREMIER The Home Suites & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier The Home Suites And Spa
- Best Western Premier The Home Hotel Istanbul