“Wonderful Service, Great Location!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town
Ranked #106 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Our family of 4 (with 4 and 6 year old) stayed here for 6 nights last week. Double Tree Hilton exceeded my expectations! Front Desk was very kind. Breakfast food was wonderful with extremely diligent and courteous staff. In Room dining was quick and tasty.

Allowed for early checkin at 7:30 AM after our overnight flight. Room included light-blocking shades so we could sleep the morning we arrived... so tired after our flight. Beds very comfortable with thick pillow top.

Perfect location right next to the tram for quick/cheap access to Hagia Sophia, Dolmbache Palace, Taksim Square... most of the main sites.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
faik_alsac, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We spent six nights in the Doubletree Istanbul Old Town in late Feb 14. We found all of the hotel staff to be exceptionally helpful and they went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The hotel is centrally located, within easy walking distance of the major sights in Istanbul. An added bonus is that the tram stops right in front of the hotel. There is a no-fee currency exchange a few shops down from the hotel (important since the Grand Bazaar is so close to the hotel). Breakfast buffet is varied and plentiful. They will also provide a boxed breakfast to go if you have an early departure for an excursion. Will definitely stay there again if we can get back to Istanbul.

Room Tip: The regular rooms are a bit small for an extended stay, Suggest you pay a little extra and upgrade...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deb1144
faik_alsac, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Reviewed March 23, 2014

nice and clean the hotel staff is extremely friendly offer me an early check in without extra charge overview satisfied with the quality restaurant food quality can be improved location is super as it is very close to city center easy to find location with taxi readily available

1  Thank Janet C

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind feedback. I am very delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed recently at this Doubletree. It is located conveniently across the street from the Laleli University tram stop. It is three stops from the Sultanhemet tram stop where the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace are located. The staff are very professional and courteous. They are not constantly trying to sell you tours or carpets. If you ask questions they are more then happy to arrange any tour for you but there is no pressure. The other thing I would like to mention is how fantastic the staff were when I had a bit of a medical issue. I had a contact lens rip in two and get stuck in my eye . I had to see an ophthalmologist and I don't speak or understand Turkish. I was going to go to the Amerikan hospital located off Takim square . I went to the concierge who gave me the address and told me how to get there but discouraged me going. Riots had just broken out there and to say the least it wasn't safe. He called around and found an eye hospital nearby and gave me directions. When I got there, it was closed. The next morning I went to the front desk at 6.30 to ask if someone could call to inquire what time the hospital opened. The fellow at the front desk called, made an appointment for me and explained to them in Turkish what my issue was. I got to the eye hospital , I got great care, and was in and out in 20 minutes. I feel very grateful to the wonderful staff at the Doubletree.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank nykoda

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Old Town.

We are so happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

We would like to thank you for the favorable comments concerning our staff and the location.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Close to all tourist sites-all within walking distance. Easy access to the airport. Great for shopping or business visits. Very friendly staff. Great breakfast and good value for money. Will definetely stay again.

2  Thank Haresh K

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed here on our first visit to Istanbul and we were so glad we chose the hotel. We visited the newer part of town and we're very pleased that we were staying in old town - there is much more to see and the restaurants were much more authentic! The hotel staff were very friendly and the rooms were clean and modern. The hotel breakfast in the restaurant was expensive so we ordered room service most mornings - much cheaper and perfectly adequate. My only critique is that the wifi was fairly expensive - we would have liked to have seen much cheaper, if not complimentary, wifi with the rooms. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that you had positive thoughts about our hotel and your stay.

I would like to say the reason the internet is charged is because the Hilton Hotels have an agreement with an internet server called ‘’Swisscom’’ for your safety. This agreement applies to all the hotels. On the First Floor, we have a business centre which is open 24 hours for our guests and free of charge.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Old Town in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

my stay at this hotel was spoiled by a room stinking of sewer, after complaining i was upgraded to a better room but still that smell would not go away. internet charges were exhorbitant and the breakfast boring. on the other hand the decor is lovely staff are ok except for the bellboy who always looked sullen and the location is great for a 5 star hotel i was greatly disappointed. bad smell is totally unacceptable i could not sleep.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
faik_alsac, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay.

We appreciate your positive comments, as well as your constructive feedback which I have already shared with the team and I will follow up personally. Apologies for any expectation that we may have failed to fulfill.

We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and appreciate your valuable opinions.

I look forward to welcoming you soon and try to show you our improvement.