“Perfect hotel for seeing Istanbul's sights”

DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town
Ranked #117 of 1,155 Hotels in Istanbul
West Lothian, United Kingdom
“Perfect hotel for seeing Istanbul's sights”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We only had 24 hours in Istanbul so sightseeing time was limited. We wanted a hotel in a great location to maximise sightseeing time and this hotels location is perfect. 5 minutes walk to the fascinating Grand Bazaar and close to other attractions. The hotel is top of the range for hilton Courtyard hotels. I wouldn't go as far as saying its 5 star but definitely an excellent 4 star. I used the spa which was lovely and Hilton Honours members got a 15% discount.
I felt the price paid for the room was a bit steep but no doubt there's a premium for the location.
I would stay here again if returning to Istanbul.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Iain N
faik_alsac, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind feedback. I am very delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Old Town

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milton Keynes
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Fantastic stay that exceeded my expectations
We stayed here in September 2013 for 4 nights. I had wanted to stay in the normal Hilton but the rates were much higher and I wanted to be near the old town.

The location is very good, not too far from the airport and very close to the Grand Bazar and attractions of the old town area. There is a tram stop right outside. The trams are 3 TL (£1) paid with tokens from a vending machine. They are modern and air conditioned but can get very busy. It is just 3 stops Cistern and other great attractions. You can take a Taxi but the traffic is crazy so I would suggest a tram or walking.

I have gold status with Hilton which often means an upgrade to the exec floor. This hotel does not have an exec floor but they do include breakfast WiFi and a number of offers and vouchers to make up for this. We had a nice modern room on the first floor, it was very clean and offered all that we require. It would have been nice to have a bath rather than a shower but I think this is normal in Istanbul.

The staff were fantastic. The made us feel very welcome, they even noticed it was my wife's birthday when entering our passport details and were quickly to our room with a birthday cake including candles. A very nice touch.

The breakfast buffet was quite good, not as good as some hotels I have stayed at but it was not expensive, we were quite happy. We did not eat at the hotel other than breakfast but did use the roof top bar which has some (limited) views across the city and to the sea.

There are spa facilities but we did not use these.

We hope to go back in the near future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ianh100
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Old Town.

We are so happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

We would like to thank you for the favorable comments concerning our facilities and staff, as well as the location.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Oakdale, New York, United States
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel right in the middle of Old Town Istanbul. The location simply can't be beat! You have a tram stop directly outside the hotel that takes you to all the popular spots in Old Town and the Taksim area. The hotel itself is very clean, modern, and very comfortable. My room was a standard King and had more then enough room and amenities to please. While I was there I took advantage the spa which was outstanding, the pricing for a Turkish Bath and Swedish Massage was outstanding and the services provided were top notch. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. If you are looking for modern western style hotel with good service in Old Town, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Tom A
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your comments after your recent visit on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had positive thoughts about your stay at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

San Diego, California
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel was modern, new, and seemed nicer than most Hilton hotels I have stayed at in the United States. It is located in the heart of old town Istanbul, about a 10 minute walk from the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sofia. It is about a 5 minute walk to the Grand Bazaar. The hotel is beautiful with an ultramodern style and new furniture and amenities. The breakfast buffet was excellent and served a variety of traditional Turkish foods as well as western foods. I loved this hotel and will stay there again when I return to Istanbul.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank emchavez678
Dear Guest,

We are so happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Johns Trip to Double tree by Hilton Istanbul (Old Town) was a wonderful experience - a bit on the costly side but lots to see - food was excellent and a real overall exciting experience - would recommend the Hotel to all - Just a little costly

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

my husband and i stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. the hotel is nice and clean and has good access to the main tourist places in Istanbul. The staff were very friendly and in particular the concierge was very helpful in explaining what we could do in the city. There is a tram station outside the hotel which was very convenient and attractions such as the grand bazaar, blue mosque and Hagia Sofia are a short walking distance. we both enjoyed our stayed at the hotel. the only downside was as we were checking out the staff tried to charge us for breakfast which we never had. however after explaining that we never had breakfast at the hotel we were let off. would definitely recommend the hotel to others if staying in Istanbul.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share these good comments.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for 5 nights The hotel is listed as being 5 star but it definitely wasn't 5 star. I did not find the staff friendly at all. We were a gay couple and found that the staff ignored us. There were always staff standing near the door and not once was a door opened for us. At one stage as we walked towards the entrance a staff member had his back to us and went to open the door. He then turned around and saw that it was us took his hand off the door and walked off. In regards to the room the beds were very comfortable, however there was the smell of mould in the room, which we raised with staff on two occasions and nothing was done about it. On the third night myself and my partner got sick. As a result of being sick I ended up turning the air conditioning off and opening a window. The next day myself and my partner felt better as we had the window open all night with the aircon off.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tigerkelpie
faik_alsac, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay.

We were sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at our hotel and would apologise for this negative experience.Your comments will of course be forwarded to the relevant management for their attention.

We do hope that despite your disappointment on this occasion, we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Old Town very soon.