“Expectations met”

Ranked #125 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Expectations met”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Double Tree Old Town is what you would expect from a Double Tree in a big city (no surprises). It is nice, convenient to the sites and has the amenities you would expect. I mainly chose this hotel because it has a gym which most of the nicer boutique hotels in the area do not have. (My wife is a runner and didn't want to run outside in Istanbul). Overall, if you are looking for a larger hotel close to the bazaar and Sultanahmet, this is a fine choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
murat_yetisgen, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this review, March 19, 2013

DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Old Town

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Things can get tiring while touring Istanbul. This hotel has a good location and is a perfect Oasis. The food in the restaurant is great, although the breakfast buffet is ridiculously expensive. The Spa is five start quality. The afternoon music and happy hour is a nice way to start one's evening. Service was very good including the Concierge help, but you might like to get any tour to Ephesus from a cheaper travel agency supplier...far too expensive. (A little noisy, but it is Istanbul.)

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind feedback. I am very delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed March 16, 2013

It was definitely not my first stay in Istanbul but this time I wanted to stay at a newer hotel as all other hotel I stayed before are quite old and lacking luxury. Normally I would stay at the Hilton or Intercontinental Ceylan but as the Doubletree had a good value and was well rated I decided to book the Doubletree old Town.

Prior to my stay I was not sure if my family would accompany me so I had some email communication with Mrs. Zuhal but it was difficult to get my message passed to her.

Early morning I left Belgium but because of fog they cancelled my flight so I would only arrive very early next morning at 02:00 in Istanbul so I emailed the hotel that I would have a late arrival.

Once in a taxi we arrived at the hotel around 02:00 and even at that time a bell boy was outside and took my luggage to the reception. Like all hotels you have to pass a metal detector and checked in. The check in agent was extremely helpful and check in went quickly. He told me as Diamond member I was upgraded from a standard to a Deluxe room on the second floor.

I took the elevator and found my room quickly on the left side. The room was very spacious and had a big bathroom with only a big shower, unfortunately no bathtub. The room itself was new and very modern decorated. There was an extensive welcome in the room.
The only downside was extremely much noise from the street as the window did not close properly. I had a limited view direct on a street and in the morning I was woken up by trucks and delivery vans.

In the morning I had breakfast in the main restaurant next to the lobby. The restaurant was quite full but the friendly server brought me to a free table and ordered drinks. The breakfast buffet is extensive but personally to much Turkish and not enough western choices to eat. Quality although was good and the eggs were cooked freshly in front of you. Though I have to mention the orange juice was extremely sour.

The location of the hotel is extremely good and just in front of a tram station which brings you directly in the old town or boat piers.

On my checkout day I got a late check out at 14:00 and they would arrange a normal taxi for me. Once I checked out a yellow taxi with the hotel logo was waiting for me. The driver spoke limited English but refused to turn on the meter. I was shocked a hotel taxi was ripping me off. Then when I took my phone and tried to call the hotel the driver put his meter on. What a shame otherwise I would have give this excellent property a five out of five.

Overall new and modern property with friendly staff and excellent value. Taxis are rip off even though they are from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Max W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay.

We are so happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

We appreciate your positive comments, as well as your constructive feedback which I have already shared with the team and I will follow up personally. Apologies for any expectation that we may have failed to fulfill.

We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and appreciate your valuable opinions.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the nearest future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I loved this hotel. Everything was close and within walking distance. The staff was very nice and the tram and buses are literally right out the front door. The grand bazaar is within walking distance as well as many other attractions. My package came with daily breakfast and everything was awesome. During the week they have happy hour from 6 to 8 pm. Half off all drinks. I loved that fact that the gym was open 24 hours and I did happen to order room service and the food was amazing... I tried to get into the spa but the staff was on vacation... But the spa looked amazing from the pictures. Would def love to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 15, 2013

- It's one of the best hotels in Istanbul.
- The location is amazing (Arround 20 Min to Sultanahmet) - and the Tram is just front of the gate of the hotel, many shops and restaurents are just arround, and 5 min walking to the grand bazars and Turkish HAMAMMs.
- The Rooms were modern furnitured.
- the Staff were very friendly and helpfull.
- The food is Okay......
- Business Center is free of charge.
But the Atmosphere was very comfortable.

Room Tip: First floor is cool coz its sooo close to the business center
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mazaaaj

Dubrovnik II, Dubrovacko-Neretvanska, Croatia
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Excellent hotel located in the old part of Istanbul. Our overall experience with hotel and staff was unforgettable. The hotel by itself is a 5 star, however staff is what is making difference, it is the key to the success. Room was very comfortable, breakfast excellent, staff - already said.

I would definitely recommend this property to everyone, I do hope I will be able to visit this hotel again.

Thank you for everything, it was a unforgettable experience

2 Thank Grande C
murat_yetisgen, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your comments after your recent visit on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had positive thoughts about your stay at our hotel and you found all of our team members to be very helpful. Comments such as yours are shared with all of our Team Members as an initiative to encourage them to continue their efforts in making our guests feel welcome and ensuring them a pleasant stay.

Reston, Virginia
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Excellent hotel in middle of old city and great staff. Almost like Ritz or IC where they might overwhelm with Hellos. Not sure property is 5-star but staff are. Rooms need some uplift. Not sure rooms with balcony make any difference as there are no views

If you want to stay closer to all Tourist attractions also same time feel little away.. It's across from TRAM T1 (University Stop) so its very convenient. Sultanhamet is 3 stops away..

Roof Top is not bad and good sea view on the terrace. Food was good.

Room Tip: ask for rooms not facing the main street..overall it was quiet place for that location
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank SKU1970
murat_yetisgen, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this review, March 4, 2013