“Absolutely perfect.”

Ranked #121 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Absolutely perfect.”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I booked this hotel,as I have alway had good experience with Doubletree before. I was not disappointed, but in fact, was pleasantly surprised. My elite status got me an upgraded corner room that was very spacious plus free WiFi and breakfast. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The spa (except for treatments) was complimentary and a pleasure after a day of walking through this wonderful city. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was large and had every amenity, even a surround shower. Breakfast was beyond expectation, with a wide variety of selections to please anyone, Location is ideal, walking distance to the Grand Bazaar and restaurants, and the exchange place across the street had the best rate in town, being slightly away from the more tourist areas (we're talking a couple of blocks, folks). If I had to try and find fault, it would be that there wasn't a closeline in the bathroom,fitness center was a little short on machines, and local calls (@ 3 euros a minute) were a little steep. But these were minor compared to the overwhelming positives. I'd come back again.

Room Tip: The corner room was spacious and well appointed. Some street facing rooms might be a trifle noisy, b...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
volkan_vural, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share these good comments.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Old Town

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Pros: Modern, tidy rooms. Had an upgraded corner room that was spacious (for a city hotel) and large bathroom. Super great location for sightseeing. Can walk to Sultanhamet area. Good restaurants in the area. Hotel restaurant (with nice rooftop area) is good if you don't feel like going out. Breakfast buffet is decent. The Turkish Bath was nice also.

Cons: I would not describe the area surrounding the hotel as picturesque. Lots of cheap and tacky stores peddling fake merchandise. But it is very close to main sights such as the Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Palace, etc. The train line is literally right outside the door.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind feedback. I am very delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and our services.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

New York, NY
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel was very clean, beds were incredibly comfortable and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

I had a Turkish bath treatment in the hotel's hamam and it was great. It ran for 50 minutes and only cost about $90 USD. I highly recommend it.

The only negative that I found out was that some of the rooms are internal-facing. I would have preferred an external-facing room, although it was extremely quiet and perfect for sleeping.

Also, I booked through Hotels.com and that may have been the reason why they put us in the handicap enabled room, which would have been fine, except the shower wasn't the best because the water poured out to the rest of the floor if you weren't paying attention.

The sink was a little annoying too. It was on a sensor that didn't run very long and didn't have a "hot" option.

Room Tip: If you don't mind an internal-facing room you should ask for one of those for a great night slee...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share these good comments.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

berlin
Reviewed September 27, 2012

It is better to choose a hotel closer to Sultanahmet. This one is too close to the shopping quarter and is too loud. You can hardly fing a restaurant close to the hotel, and you have a feeling that you are in the middle of a shopping centre.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mkopylenko
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is very well located, close to all the increadible sights of Istanbul. It is also very close to the Bazaar. The rooms are clean and very comfortable and the staff excellent. The rooms with balconies are very pleasant and private. Outside of the hotel is a tram stop and by tram you can travel to all the restaurants close by. We found it a little difficult to find restaurants in the area of the hotel but that was probably down to bad/no homework. If you are like us(bad homework), then you can easily travel down to the area around the spice bazaar (by tram) and eat an incredible array of seafood. Highly recommend the hotel and the breakfasts will set you up for a day of sightseeing.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony. They are quiet and the balcony is private.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
volkan_vural, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul - Old Town, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Denver
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The hotel is in a great location to walk to many of the local famous sites. The breakfast was good and there are enough choices to eat. What made this hotel so nice and such a great experience was the staff. Everyone was very nice and helpful. I had wanted something special and Orge who works there was amazing. She gave me so much help and attention and never made me feel like I was bothering her even though I asked her to do something they do not normally do. She was just wonderful and because of Orge I will not forget my wonderful stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SigPal
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your comments after your recent visit on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had positive thoughts about your stay at our hotel and you found all of our team members- especially Ozge- to be very helpful. Comments such as yours are shared with all of our Team Members as an initiative to encourage them to continue their efforts in making our guests feel welcome and ensuring them a pleasant stay.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed here one night in August 2012. My room was sufficiently clean and big given the excellent location. This hotel is a great property if you expect to be spending long periods of time within Istanbul's old city, particularly convenient if you want easy access into the Grand Bazaar. Breakfast was not bad in the hotel restaurant. Only downsides I would note is that I was not welcomed with a standard Doubletree cookie upon check-in and, as my room was right above the restaurant, there was a weird vibration at times. Also, the hotel was not able to accommodate my late check-out request; however, the staff was more than helpful in allowing me to store my luggage in their storage room.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

First of all, I was delighted to read that you had positive thoughts about your stay at our hotel and you found all of our team members to be very helpful. Comments such as yours are shared with all of our Team Members as an initiative to encourage them to continue their efforts in making our guests feel welcome and ensuring them a pleasant stay.

We always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion that we failed to meet your expectations. Your comments will of course be forwarded to the relevant management for their attention.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul very soon.