“Great traditional turkish restaurant”
Review of Deja Vu Restaurant - CLOSED

Deja Vu Restaurant
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Description: How to reach us: 1) Via Tram:(Takes 15 min from Kabatas station, 3 min from Sultanahmet)Get off the tram at Gulhane station (see the map below), at the traffic lights ahead take Ebusuut St. to the left and up the hill. After 2 minutes (50 meters) you will reach Sultania Hotel. Our restaurant is at the ground level opposite of the hotel building.2.) I am near, I may walk:If you are staying around here it is probably 10 to 15 min walk along the tram line towards Sirkeci direction. When you reach Gulhane station (see the map below) look for the traffic lights ahead. Take Ebusuut St. to the left and up the hill. After 2 minutes (50 meters) you will reach Sultania Hotel. Our restaurant is at the ground level opposite of the hotel building. 3.) I’ll prefer taxi:The driving directions are complicated around here. If you’ll get a taxi, it is better to tell the driver that you want to get off at Cagaloglu, just after passing Sirkeci train station (you can show him the map). Take the street on the left (Ebusuut St. opposite direction). It takes only a 5 minute walk by there.
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have to agree with other reviews about this restaurant, the food is great as is the service, the staff are very friendly and the atmosphere is very entertaining. This certainly isn't a tourist trap, it's a traditional turkish restaurant, we ate somewhere else and wished we hadn't bothered as the food was awful and more expensive, we had to go back to the Hatay and have dinner all over again. Big thanks to kenan and Joseph for all our fun! Definitely recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

As this restaurant was immediately opposite our hotel it was easy to go here on a cold evening. The food was excellent. We both had warming fish soup, then I had a lovely chicken dish and M had lovely tender lamb. He asked for no spices and that's just what he had. Good deserts followed and wine and coffees at a great price.

The service was good, everyone was friendly and for a Monday night it was a great atmosphere with many diners. Would recommend

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed in the hotel opposite this restaurant and although we tried other places we ended up here more than anywhere else. The food was very good. I am vegetarian my partner is a meat eater. He really enjoyed every meal he had there. I never had the same meal twice which is a huge bonus for veggies. The waiter entertained us and the staff always had the time to talk and were very friendly. If I ever went to Istanbul I would definately go there again.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was the first restaurant we visited upon our arrival in Istanbul. The staff practically dragged us in, but it was worth it. Tha food was great, the prices were acceptable and we even got free drinks and deserts.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

2 dinners and 1 lunch we found the food the bedt valhe durkng our 5 day stsy in Istanbul. we ate in seversl other restaurants but returned here for the value and our lsst night dinner. serving staff made thid a good evening.