“Excellent value.”

Ranked #730 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
“Excellent value.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

I don't have any complaints regarding this hotel. It was very clean and had everything we needed, including good internet connection. It was conveniently located near the Aksaray metro station, which goes straight to the airport and takes about 40 min to get there. There's also an ATM, pharmacy, restaurants, fruit stands and supermarket very close to the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Cairo Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

The service we experienced is very good
Although the room was small but I liked it , it is clean and has everything you need.
The location was good and easy to go to any place you want
The amenities in the room were sufficient for our needs.
What I liked best is Mrs. Banu , the Manager of the hotel , she is a wonderfull woman and was very helpful and understanding

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mariam55
roma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

Tha position of the hotel is near the aksaray tram station.Just 10 min by tram or 25 by wark from sultanahmet ( center).
The tram is often overcrowded. So maybe is better chose an hotel near sultanahmet.
The zone of the hotel is full of russian tourists
I booked a twin separate beds for 6 nights.The first night they told me to go in a king bed room just for one night. The day before they rang me at 8.30 am to inform me to stay another day in that room.The 3rd day we moved to the win separate beds room.The 4th day they rang me at 8.30 am to ask me if I wanted to move again to another room. I sayd "NO, it's enought!!!!".
The wi fi is not good in all the rooms, sometimes it loose the connection.
The breakfast is very hearty, but the quality is medium (industrial stuff). Good just the fresh fruit and the yogurt. After some days it sicks.
The cleaness of the rooms are insufficient: I found hairs in to the bath tub.They made the beds every days but not always clean the rooms and the bathroom.
Positive: they gibe a bottle of wate and a pot of tea every day.
the curtains of the rooms are insufficient, so if you don't like the sun in the rooms during the morning it is not confortable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sicisub
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

Great stay with zero complaints. The staff were extremely helpful, rooms were cleaned daily and were of a decent size. We stayed there in march 2011 (quiet season I think) and were upgraded to a bigger room for free which was good.
Bathroom was average. Cleaned daily and towels replaced and the usual bathroom toiletries provided and replaced daily. Complementary tea, kettle and water provided.

Rooms are quite soundproof too.

It's in a great location. We walked everywhere and it took only 10 mins or so do to get to the main attractions. The fact that they are so close to one another really helped.

Breakfast buffet is standard Turkish breakfast foods. Cakes, pastries, cereal, bread, salad etc

The metro (m1) will take you from Ataturk to the local tram station. It's called Askaray (1 interchange needed). It's only 1.75TL per person!

Lots of good food places on the main street which is only 3-4 minutes away.

Def recommend this hotel for the price we paid.

Wireless internet everywhere but some areas such as the terrace have a poor connection. Our room had amazing connection with an amazing download speed. We use Skype video calling daily on our phones without any hassles.

We only booked this hotel after reviews on Tripadvisor so I thought it only fair to contribute too. Have a great holiday.

Note: drivers in Istanbul are crazy. Watch out when crossing!

Note1:  We should have requested an airport shuttle ride, would have been much cheaper than what we paid at the airport. Lesson learnt!

• Stayed March 2011
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

The hotel is conveniently placed - close to Aksaray square - so that the main places of interest are within walking distance.
The rooms are small but very clean. Dinner is served on a roof terace with a nice view over the city and the sea.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

Good location good value and nice friendly people. Helpfull and nice manager Mr.Murat.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank charmingturkish
Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2010

I must admit the hotel is very clean which is what I care about most. On my arrival, I was promised to get a late check-out (at 2 pm) if there was availability on the day of my check-out. On the day of my check-out, I was told that the hotel was fully booked and there was no room for a late check-out unless I pay an extra fee....Didn't make sense to me. The staff are not so friendly (besides one guy there called Simeh who also speaks perfect English).They keep nagging day and night to take you to places, which they claim are must-sees, which gave me a feeling they are getting commission. Actually, they were nagging so much for us to go to a place called SULTANA, and they mislead us with their description of it and asked us maybe 15 times in 2 days to pay before the place gets packed. When we arrived, the place was almost completely empty and the food quality was terrible and was not a buffet nor had "sheesha" as claimed.
The location of the hotel is very good, close to all the touristic areas, the internet availability sure adds a lot. The rooms are incredibly small.
I would recommend this hotel as long as you do not listen to the staff o depend on them to make any plans. I paid almost 65 USD a night which was totally worth it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple