The Green Park Pendik Hotel & Convention Center
  • Pool
$119
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Angel's Home Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$35
$420
$121
$118
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbusiness tripsabiha gokcen airportsea viewbig hotelnice hoteloutdoor poolreception areametro stationhotel is situatedshipyardjacuzzi
Reviewed June 18, 2013

In all honesty 4 marks is a touch generous - but 3 would be harsh.

Overall very clean and up to date hotel. Good rooms and excellent leisure centre / pools - hence the 4 out of 5. Reception was very good and helpful.

Food was fine - nothing spectacular. Normal breakfast buffet and fairly good. The bar is a bit dark and lacking in atmosphere - but pool table was free!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I don't think we have ever experienced such rude service on Reception as we received when we arrived. Our flight arrived at the European airport at about 10 pm, so it was midnight when we arrived at the hotel. There were no customers in Reception and three staff behind the counter. The staff were talking to each other, and ignored us completely - even though they knew we were there. One guy eventually checked us in (passport, credit card etc), gave us the key and then resumed his conversation with his colleagues. He didn't tell us where the elevators were situated, but fortunately a porter spotted our dilemma and helped us out - he was really kind.

Hotel is on the Asian side of the Bosphorus whereas the main sites are on the European side. Quite a lot of construction work is being carried out around the hotel and along the promenade. So location isn't ideal.

On the positive side, our bedroom was large, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was good (you can eat outside on the terrace), and free Wi-Fi was available in the Lobby. Swimming Pool was large, and there were plenty of loungers for sunbathing. Most of the other guests appeared to be at a conference, and I can image that this would be a good venue - if they can improve their service levels at Reception.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CalellaDePalafrugell
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for coming 12 days . during my stay, the room and service staff is good. But two issues that extrremely annoyed me. Everyday, I will put my dirty laundry in the hotel laundry bag and hang at the room door knobs so that the housekeeping is aware there is laundry to collect for cleaning. 3 times, i cam back hotel at evenign after a long day work, to find the bag hanging at the same location and 3 times I have to call the reception to inform housekeeping to collect my laundry the following day. Today, thing got even worst. The housekeeping took my laundry to 2 days, and when I came back my room at night to find my laundry no where to be found. I call to receiption and told me housekeeping is close and will return me the following day. I have to go dwo nto the receiption at 12.15am at night, get the duty manager and to discover my laundry was labelled for another room no. It was so close to losing my laundry to a stranger. Also, there was once I cam back to find no housekeeping done with no towel change. My colleague whom has stayed in another room experience no toliet roll when doing his deed.

Also, the hotel hold funciton almost every fri and weekend. The music will be blasting from evening till late night 12-1am. i staying at the second floor, and I have to wake up everyday at 6am tio prep for my work. it is not difficult to imagine the dark circle under my eye.

i hope the management do call me at my room 2233 if they see this and provide me good explanation on this as i will be staying till 14 June.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank alan a
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were in Istanbul for a romantic getaway and included a convention held at this hotel as part of our trip. Check-in was quick and easy. Room was clean and HUGE. The round bed was a nice touch. The bathroom was huge. We enjoyed the jacuzzi tub after a long day. The double rainforest shower heads were great. We had a corner room so all the windows and natural light was nice.

The dinner buffet was less than average. We didn't try the breakfast. The service during dinner service was minimal, and frankly one particular server was quite rude. Actually, the hotel service altogether was below average. They promised an iron and an extra blanket and never followed through or called to say there was not one coming. They kept us waiting. Needless to say, we never got an iron or blanket. Good thing we didn't call for room service.

The hotel was a 10-15 minute walk from a bustling area of restaurants and shops. We opted for McDonalds after our dinner disappointment.

Overall, the room was great. Service was below average for this type of hotel. Food was a disappointment. The convention venue was GREAT, but would not recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: Get a corner room! They're huge with lots of light!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stated at this Hotel for the 2nd Annual Istanbul dance festival ( April, 2013). This hotel is huge! and pretty much everything you need you will find it there: Such as small shops, Gym, Indoor and ourdoor pools, jacuzzis, spa, amazing auditorium, wide open hallways, plenty of elevators, its own parking, restaurants, ballrooms, etc... The staff was very friendly and professional, they def were quick at taking care of issues (if any) and were helpful at suggesting places to see etc...Check in was simple, all we needed was our passports (from US) and one Credit card (like most hotels). The room was requested for 4 people ( we each paid about 50 euros per person for 4 days) and to our surprise the room was set up with 4 beds!! no need to share! see the pictures (the room was big enough for all 4. The bathroom was clean, well put together and functional. The room was equipped with a safe box, coffee maker, hairdryer, flat screen tv, desk, closets, mirrors, huge window (openable on the sides), plenty of european outlets (be sure to bring adapters for US devices, also check that your devices can handle 110-240 voltage) etc... the hallways and all other areas i visited were very clean! (huge plus) we had complementary breakfast (with great variation of foods, fruits etc). Overall i was very pleased with the hotel. You may ask: why not 5 stars? the answer is simple: complementary WIFI can only be used in the lobby, restaurant and some hallways. BUT! if you bring your computer, they provide you with an Ethernet cable in your room, so you can have wired internet. the second thing i did not like much was the AC, though we lowered it to the minimum temperature is was not cool enough. Luckily, the temp outside was about 60, so by opening the windows we were able to cool the room enough for comfy cozy sleep!

Room Tip: ask for full ocean view! some rooms face away from the ocean, and others partial... also keep in mind that some rooms' bathroom had completely see-through walls, so anyone with a great pair of binoculars may peep! :-)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends