Sultanahmet Park Hotel
$119
$421
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at the Sultanahmet Park Hotel on a quick trip to Istanbul. First, the pros- excellent location near many of the "big" tourist sights, and our room had a great view of the Blue Mosque. We only were visiting for a short time, so location was a prime concern, and this little hotel was perfectly located. Also, the bed was very comfortable... a real plus. Finally, there was an elevator to get you up to your floor. Some small boutique type hotels make you walk 4 flights. After a long day of sightseeing, it was a pleasure not to have to hike up more stairs!

As for the "cons", the rooms were tiny. We travel frequently and understand European rooms are small,- but this was REALLY tiny. 2 people could not stand in the bathroom at the same time, and it was a dance for my partner and I to move around the room without running into each other (literally). Second con is that the rooms are very tired. Wall paper was separating at the seams, Finally, the breakfast (included) was very average at best. We have stayed in "discount" hotels before where the breakfast was much better. We had also spoken to others staying in Small Sultanahmet hotels and their breakfast was better. This breakfast had hard boiled eggs, feta cheese and a yellow cheese, some zucchini and eggplant in oil, and pieces of simit and bread. Average at best.

I would stay here again, as the price is very economical and the location was good. I also would be open to finding another spot. The front desk service is nice and on duty 24/7. My only comment there is, like so many other places (Egypt, Morocco), I believe there are "benefits" to hotel staff for referring customers. Several recommendations that were given to us, when checked against reviews on trip advisor, were suspect (actually horrid reviews). That did not bother us, as we do our homework before coming and we found our own places to eat etc.. However, we were very suspect as to places that were recommended and, while appreciating the recommendation, we noticed that the staff was not too pleased when we didn't go to one of the places they tried to send us. If you stay here, do your own homework, and enjoy the place for being economical, while in a good location.

Room Tip: 602 had an amazing view of the Blue Mosque.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marigot1
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We arrived at this hotel by chance after we decided that our other hotel was unsatisfactory. The room was well equipped and very clean. It was next door to a mosque but it had a very quiet morning call for prayer. Based on our 9 days in Istanbul, it was probably the quietest hotel in the area. It was in easy walking distance from all the sites including ayasophia and the blue mosque. The hotel had a very adequate breakfast served at reasonable hours. Staff were very friendly and helpful with endless offerings of tea.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Stayed from 9-13 November. Good location/base for tourism. Hotel is just behind hippodrome where main attractions are: Aya Sofia, Sultanahmet Camii. Very close to tramway and shops.Staff are VERY nice: welcoming, patient, understanding, reassuring, available 24 hrs! And they SMILE 24 hrs! Wow!
Rooms are small, beds are comfortable, sheets and toilet spotless.
The only thing left is that the hotel needs a change in decor and can use a facelift. The dark brown and beige dominant colors have to go.
By all means book and stay in Sultanahmet Park Hotel and enjoy genuine Turkish hospitality!

Room Tip: Room 502 has a lovely view of Aya Sofia, Sultanahmet Camii and the Bosphorous!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fatih2011
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at Sultanahmet Park Hotel on two separate occasions in September and October 2012.
As a result of my work I have stayed in hotels worldwide but never have I experienced the level of service we enjoyed at this charming hotel in Istanbul.
Tuba at reception helped with every request but particularly when we wished to book a trip around Istanbul or further afield we were advised of our best options and it was organised for us sometimes within minutes........quite unbelievable!
We can only thank Tuba and all the staff at Sultanahmet Park for making our stay in Istanbul so enjoyable.
Patricia & David Rutherford

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia R
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed 3 days in this otel and I did not want to leave because it was like my home and the stuff was like my familly. especially recepcionist took care of everything that I want very well. So I would like to appreciate all of the hotel members with my this comment . ı precisely recommend this hotel to the one that want to in İstanbul and in the center. My next trip will be a month later. see you friendly lovely and hospitable sultanahmet park otel member

Sacid ŞAHİN
Kalite Yönetim Sorumlus ve İSG sorumlusu
Uzuner İnş. Mad. Taşımacılık iç ve Dıs Tic. Ltd. Şti.
Ordu/Ünye

Room Tip: order a delux suite they are the best
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business