“Very good hotel for business trips”

Avantgarde Levent Hotel
Ranked #401 of 1,150 Hotels in Istanbul
Udine, Italy
“Very good hotel for business trips”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The hotel is really good. Nice rooms, with all the comforts.
Very clean and very well equipped.
Good breakfast. Good service.
the restaurant has a good menu and the price is ok.
Maybe the location is not that good for visiting the city, but it's perfect for Business stayings.

2 Thank SilviaDiPi
Irem M, Guest Relations Manager at Avantgarde Levent Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are working to make you feel at home while you are away from home. We would like to welcome you during your next visit to Istanbul.

Director of e-Business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oldenzaal, Overijssel, Netherlands
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Currently staying in this hotel for 6 nights (5 days there already). The arrival and check in at the hotel was okay. A ride from the main airport in Istanbul to the hotel by normal yellow taxi takes about 30 minutes and costs 50 TL.

When first coming into my room I noticed the showerhead was hanging loose. So about one hour after checking in and getting settled I wanted to go outside for dinner when I stopped at the reception desk to report this. The hotel manager kept insisting that all rooms were checked by their cleaners and that the damage must have been caused by me. When I pointed out that I just arrived, didn't use the shower yet and that it really was already broken he kept stating I broke it. What a crappy and unwelcoming way to treat your customers!! I finally convinced the manager to send somebody up to have a look at the actual problem. Once there, the employee thoroughly checked if the shower indeed had not been used yet and agreed the shower was broken. He said he would get it fixed right a way and called the manager. The manager called me in my room and stated he would get it fixed the next day since it was already late. Fine. Next day, it wasn't fixed. I went to the reception again and again they promised to send somebody up to fix it right a way. Didn't happen. Next day I didn't hear a word nor did I see anybody come fix it. The day after they finally came to fix it.

The hotel only has a 2 mbit ADSL internet connection for the whole hotel. Meaning there's pretty much no internet access during the evening when everybody tries to use the internet. During the day it works fairly well, but during the night, forget it. Also forget about VOIP calls or any other data intensive usage. For that reason I would not recommend this hotel for business use as you can't rely on having internet access.

The cleaners of the room are very unorganized. During the day, they will barge into your room like 10 times throughout the whole day. One time to get the cups, one time to mob the floor, another time to dust off, check the minibar, etcetera. This really doesn't give you much privacy in the room if you're staying there during the day. Instead of just coming in once to clean the whole room in one time which would be perfectly acceptable, they keep coming back for the smallest most idiotic tasks over and over again.

Pleasure wise I also wouldn't recommend this hotel. It's quite a distance away from where all the touristy spots are (south of Istanbul). There is a metro station at about 10 minutes walking distance from the hotel which brings you to the center in about 30 minutes for about 6 TL / person, but for the same room rate you can also get a hotel closer to the touristic places and save you from the hassle.

The rooms are decent. Nicely sized and modernly decorated.
For the swimming pool they require you to buy a cap for 20 euro due to hygiene reasons. Insanely expensive.

The breakfast is overpriced at 35 TL with it being pretty basic with not that much too choose from. The minibar prices are also very high. Behind the hotel there's a supermarket where you can buy drinks and snacks against normal prices (open from 9 AM till 9 PM). Also you can find a bakery shop behind the hotel which sells nice bread for just 1 TL.

For dining I would highly recommend a place called Kucukev which has two locations near this hotel. One in the Metrocity mall further down the road and one across the street from the Metrocity mall. Great taste and very decent prices (about 14 TL for the main course, 2 TL for a Coke).

My overall experience, especially because the attitude of the hotel manager and the bad internet connection, would not make me go here next time when I have to travel to Istanbul for my work.

4 Thank NL_Koen
Dear Valued Guest,

thank you for sharing your review.

I have personally investigated your stay and would very much like to inform you about a few details. Once you inform us about the shower, our team immediately goes to your room and fixes the problem.
house keepers go to the rooms once a day normally but we apologise if there was an exceptional situation for you. We will for sure watch this case closer.
about the location, we are not in the touristic area of Istanbul as we clearly declared on all the maps but we are in the center. Gayrettepe metro station is 5 minutes distance on foot. We are sorry if you were expecting to be right by the Grand Bazaar or .Taksim Square which is15 mins away by metro.
Regarding the wireless, we make you sure that we are really working on it. this is an important case for a business hotel and we take this seriously.
If you were going to have breakfast than we of course recommend you to book a room on BB basis which is more reasonable.
We appreciate your comments about our rooms which are well designed and furnished.I also would like to remind that in each room there is an original painting for your pleasure.

Kindest Regards,

Markham, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Avantgarde hotel has a lot of potential - but is missing some basics. The hotel is located near offices and malls, but is not a great area if you like to go for a walk in a bustling bazaar. There are a few restaurants nearby, and the large Kanyon and Metrocity malls about 10 minutes walk away.
The rooms are clean, but not soundproofed. each little sound from the street is audible. The washrooms have no exhaust. There are no irons/board in the room. When i asked for them (and after calling twice), an iron was brought to the room. I asked about the ironing board, and was told to use the little bench area where luggage is stored. Not good.
The gym is very well equipped, clean and has a sauna. However, no water is available in the gym - no water fountain, no bottles. this was a first - i have never been to a gym where there was no water to drink. There is a bar outside, and i suspect they want you to buy the water.
The inhouse restaurant has a lot of trendy food, but low on taste. restaurants outside, on the way to Gayrettepe are better.
all in all, these little missing things make this a mediocre choice at best.

Room Tip: as far away from the road as possible.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank naeemsiddiqi
, Front Office Manager at Avantgarde Levent Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2017
Dear Valued Guest;

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay in Avantgarde Collection Levent. Your comments have been reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future. Again, please accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will continue to use Avantgarde Collection Levent as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from.

King regards
Front Office Manager
Ali ŞENER
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Hotel is OK. Location very good for business, but to get to city centre you need to take taxi or metro+funicular+ tramway. The problem is service. They ring bell and without waiting enter the room at 7:30 a.m. to check the mini bar. At reception when I asked for info abut some kind of store I was looking for I was told to look in the internet... So if you are leaving early, returning late, not using the pool in the morning (you can't enter at 7:30 and you have to have a swimming cup) and you are no asking for any help at reception this hotel is OK. I had higher expectations from my previous experiences in other hotels.

1 Thank Ania P
Oxford
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed here twice for business within a month, and found it very comfortable, with a pleasant modern, clean and fresh atmosphere. Very good service across all functions. Main bar area closed though on 2nd trip due to a minor refurb. Will stay here again if on business as convenient, would not be my choice for a personal or family holiday as next to busy main road and some distance from any 'visitor attractions'.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors and towards the rear seem quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kievski
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments, we are doing our best to serve you better everyday. We would very much like to welcome you during your next visit to İstanbul.

Lodz
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed for 10 nights in this hotel, and I count it as one of my worst hotel experiences ever.

First, I found the discription of the hotel misleading.

It is far from the historic attractions of Istanbul. Getting to the center takes about 45 minutes by metro and tram, plus at laest a 10 minutes walk. One can always hail a taxi, but it takes about 20 minutes to get to the main historic square and to the Taksim district and it means exposing onself the dishonesty of taxi drivers.

There are no decent restaurantsor coffee places in close vicinity.

The hotel advertises shuttle bus from the airport, but there was none in the airport. When going back, the reception offered such a possibility, but for 69 ero one person.

Now the hotel itself. It was the first hotel in my travelling experience, and I do travel a lot, when I encountered this unusual device. One was supposed to push an adequate button to have one's room cleaned.

There are three of these buttons: DONT DISTURB, MAKE UP, and THE BELL. It did not cross my mind that pushing MAKE UP would secure a clean room after a long day spent outside the hotel, and the trouble started. (No, none at the reception on arrival drew our attention to this unusual device.) We had to argue to have the room cleaned--and it was a very unpleasant situation. That is true that as an apology we received a tray of some fruit the following day; frankly I would prefer no fruit and no hassle.

On arrival one of the bathroom bulbs did not work, and only after four days, someone came--at the time when we were in the room--- to change it.

Generally it was extremely difficult to converse with the reception people, since their knowledge of English, French, or Italian was not even basic. They smiled, did not apologize but repeated O.K. O.K and that is. I would like to stres that the reception was, at least, in our case very uncooperative.

Breakfasts are monotonous, coffee terrible.

One more thing--the hotel advertisment states that there is an easy access to internet. In our room the access was non-existant.. It took about 20 minutes to get an internet connection. When we complained, the reception person explained that the "lines were busy". I would like to emphasize that the situation was like that throughout our whole stay.

There is so called "business centre" downstars--with two computers---, but unless you know Turkish, you may have problems with any connectios. NO decent assistance from the people working in the reception.

It is possible that the hotel is all right for a day or two business trip, but any longer stay may be disasterous.

/t> < thrbtuoon i cda recoj

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Miranda56
Irem M, Guest Relations Manager at Avantgarde Levent Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review. First of all, we would like to thank you for staying at our hotel. Please kindly be informed that, we are deeply sorry about your experience but I personally would very much like to know the details in order for me to be helpful in this aspect. a few days ago, I have sent you an e-mail to understand the situation because in your entire text, it like you are talking about some other hotel, not us. As Avantgarde hotel Istanbul, we do care about our guests reviews about us and once again I am very sorry I did not know non of it on time. We are not such a hotel that does not care about its guests after departure so we would like to welcome you again in order for you to experience the real comfort and quality. Please let me know your thoughts so I can be of further assistance. We are deeply sorry for all.

Beit Shemesh, Israel
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Hotel is getting close to needing a remodel (especially the rooms). Very friendly staff, room was comfortable. Nice lobby and bar, great looking pool area outside, and breakfast was fine. Right near the commercial areas in Sisli so was perfect for my business trip needs.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Irem M, Public Relations Manager at Avantgarde Levent Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013