“Small hotel but comfortable hotel”

Avantgarde Levent Hotel
Ranked #376 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed October 2, 2011

It is a small business hotel in the city center of the Instanbul. It has indoor swimming pool, though it was being maintained when I stayed in the hotel during early 2011. Gym facilities were basic but sufficient. It has got free facilities for Turkish bath, sauna etc, for which I did not have time. If my memory serves well, internet in the room was free. Room was not that spacious but enough for a short stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Avantgarde Levent Hotel

Reviewed September 21, 2011

Very helpful and friendly staff - even though English is a great difficulty for pretty much the entire staff except a few of the people at the front desk.

However, had to change rooms twice during my stay. First because of a "technical issue" on my floor and secondly, upon my own request, due to constant smell of cigarette smoke. Changing to another floor didn't entirely remove this, so - don't go if you are sensitive to smell.
The hotel is 5 min walk from the metro, but you will notice that the air pollution is very heavy due to the 5-lane-highways and junctions right outside the main door. This also gives a great deal of "traffic ambience" in the rooms.

Food at the two restaurants is quite overpriced and poor. Low quality produce cannot be masked by clever toppings and fancy shape dishes. Recommend getting your food elsewhere. Breakfast is ok, but as a european traveller, you will get bored from the lack of choice very quickly. (Same low quality produce at breakfast - you'll find bruised fruits and dry bread)

In other words - not good, but not very bad either.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Anders R
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I used to stay in other wellknown brands.But this time i prefered small 5 star hotel.Which was a perfect shot.Avantgarde hotel is in a very good location for business and leasure trips.And the other wellknown 5 stars should have lessons from this hotel staff about guest expectations.Whoever manages this hotel they know perfectly guest needs. Perfect staff,excellent service,very good food,free wi-fi what else you need experienced concierge helps you. They dont know the word (( NO ))

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I stayed Avantgarde hotel with my wife. It's clean and decent.
Receptionists were generally good. However there was exception. My wife and I had different businesses in Istanbul so we asked 2nd card-key. But this request was rejected. (Card-key is necessary for elevator, everytime i returned to hotel, I had to find out bell-man to use elevator.
I think it's good for business guests, but not for couples(There are amenities and towels just for 1 person initially.)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ひろしアンカラ
Reviewed August 7, 2011

New hotel with incompetent personnel.
Have stayed for five days in June 2011. The hotel is in a high traffic area. If you want to sleep well pick-up a room at a higher floor. Rooms are clean but the one I got had a half bathroom (the sink was in the room so if you want to wash your face /teeth and stay with a partner they will hear everything loud and clear). Breakfast is Turkish style (cheese, olives etc) and doesn't change. If you stay longer than three days you will get bored by it.
Personnel is incompetent. I had to manage the cleaning team myself to get a decent living. Most pretend they speak English: pay attention, they will always tell you yes but most of the times they will not understand to what they have committed. I have asked the concierge for a taxi to the airport. I got one with the trunk half filled with speakers. So we had to squeeze most of the luggage inside the car. If you live in the civilized world , this is a three star hotel. Nothing more.

Room Tip: Get a room with a full bathroom at a higher floor
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank xr00024
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I had my business trip to Istanbul on July. It was my first time in Istanbul. I really enjoyed staying in Avantgarde Hotel. The service was perfect. Staff was helpfull.If I come to Istanbul again I definetly choose Avantgarde Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I stayed at my friends room only one night, as I had problems in my hotel. When we came to reception it made no problem for me to stay, however the room was booked for one person. They charged 10 euro for breakfast and were very friendly. The room is not big, i would say small. But it was not a problem, because it was very cosy and nice. Bathroom is clean and with nice design as well. I liked the hotel. Breakfast was fresh and tasty, and the restaurant is very light and accurate. I recommend this hotel definitely.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
avantgardehotel, Front Office Manager at Avantgarde Levent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

I would like to thank you for choosing Avantgarde Hotel Istanbul for your stay.Our success relies on the feedbacks of our guests.We hope to see you again in the near future.
İlter Türkmenoğlu - Front Office Manager