“Very nice hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #422 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Baku
“Very nice hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

I stayed at my friends room only one night, as I had problems in my hotel. When we came to reception it made no problem for me to stay, however the room was booked for one person. They charged 10 euro for breakfast and were very friendly. The room is not big, i would say small. But it was not a problem, because it was very cosy and nice. Bathroom is clean and with nice design as well. I liked the hotel. Breakfast was fresh and tasty, and the restaurant is very light and accurate. I recommend this hotel definitely.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
avantgardehotel, Front Office Manager at Avantgarde Levent Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
İlter Türkmenoğlu - Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

I had booked Avantgarde (through booking.com) and subsequently had to cancel the booking due to changes to my meeting schedule. Avantgarde actually charged my credit card supposedly as pre-authorization at a higher amount than that stated on that booking website, and when cancelled credited back the amount. I got stuck with the difference between the two amounts, even though the website said no cancellation charges.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Jip79
Tabriz, Iran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel. It's 5-10 minute walking distance from the Levent and also Gayrettepe metro stations. Access to both the Taksim and Etiler areas is good. and the hotel is located in the neighbourhood of shopping centers Metrocity, Kanyon, Akmerkez, and Levent carsi.

We did not try the food (except breakfast) or any other facilities so I can only give my opinion on the room and the staff.

The hotel is located by a busy street, but our street-view room was so quiet; rooms was comfortable and clean, the bathroom was excellent. Although in some booking websites it is described that there are tea and coffee amenities in the rooms but ours did not have.
The breakfast does not have so much choices however was acceptable.
The staff were friendly and helpful (esp. concierge).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank AydinTBZ
avantgardehotel, Front Office Manager at Avantgarde Levent Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear Sir, Thank you for your comments. It is so good to hear that our rooms, and concierge service made your stay enjoyable.We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.
Ilter Turkmenoglu-Front Office Manager
Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

Stayed here for a conference and was very happy. Friendly service, free fast WiFi available throughout the hotel, good food at the restaurant, great room with a comfy bed and close to a couple of great shopping malls. Taksim Square and Bebek are each about a 20 lira cab ride away.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nutchism
avantgardehotel, Front Office Manager at Avantgarde Levent Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Dear Sir, Thank you for your comments. It is so good to hear that our rooms, service, restaurant and our hotel location made your stay enjoyable.We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again.
Ilter Turkmenoglu - Front Office Manager
Maribor, Slovenia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

The hotel is newer, rooms are clean and the furniture is new. So you have a good feeling staying at the room. Internet is free of charge.
The bathroom is also nice, but if you are older or have problems with your back or with anything you might have difficulties to climb into the bath - there is a wooden stair which is not fixed.
The staff at the reception is friendly, but slow. When checking out I took time they printed all the receipts etc.
Within walking distance (cca 10 min) is a shopping center - international brands, food court. It is ok. About 20 min by car to Blue mosque ion one direction, 20 min to the seaside - Bebek area, where are some nice restaurants with sea view.
Actually staying in this hotel is nothing outstanding - normal boutique hotel, clean, specious enough. We had a good rate, but normal rate is way too high for what they offer.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Pixy76
tehran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

From the moment we arrived , I found out that everything I read about this hotel in reviews were definitely right. Hotel staff were friendly specially front desk manager, who arranged for us a grand deluxe room instead of deluxe room. The room was really good and I felt very comfortable. House keeping were very responsible and they did their best.
Another thing I enjoyed was the breakfast, specially the last part! A coffee with a peace of apple pie.
This is a great hotel and I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to thank you for choosing Avantgarde Hotel Istanbul for your stay.Our success relies on the feedbacks of our guests.We hope to see you again in the near future.Until then,we wish you health and prosperity.

İlter Türkmenoğlu - Front Office Manager
Brookings, South Dakota, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel was conveniently located in the business district of Istanbul. We appreciated the close proximity to the subway stations and nice shopping malls, the amenities offered at the hotel, the exquisite food, the nice rooms and the great service.

Their website shows images of the hotel and rooms that are true to what we saw in May.
I would recommend this hotel for those doing a smaller scale business conference or just staying while on business.

My colleague in Germany helped liaise a lot with the hotel in advance, but these are the comments I have in regards to the logistic experience. Those that are looking to work with them on a business conference setting, be aware that one of their main staff for supporting the conference didn't have the greatest of English. Towards the end of our stay, she made sure to bring somebody along who helped with translation and I felt like communication was much easier after that point. Also, some of the pre-conference tasks/questions were a little tedious as far as thoroughness of response and timeliness, however, I would guess that could be true of other Turkish hotels and language barriers.

Though I didn't get to enjoy the full gamut of their spa, I heard great things from my colleagues about their Turkish baths.

The only downside of this hotel is the fact that it is on a very busy road, so if you like to sleep with the windows open and you want a room with a view, then you have to put up with the noise of traffic at all hours of the night!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business