The Empress Theodora Hotel
$243
Midtown Hotel(Istanbul)
$101
  • Breakfast included
WOW Airport Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$67
$57
Yasmak Sultan Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$137
$112
  • Pool
Armada Istanbul Old City Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
$127
Hotel Amira Istanbul(Istanbul)
$691
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstram linegulhane parkgreat locationblue mosquetramway stationbed sheetsminute walkreceptionisttopkapisultan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This small hotel could not be more centrally located to all the most important sites in the Old City, in Istanbul. The tram is just outside the front door, Hagia Sophia, around the corner, Turkish baths, restaurants, museums, souvenir shops etc. in every direction!
My room was clean, with TV and a kettle with teas etc. The bathroom was modern, if a little tiny in the shower cabinet. The staff was wonderful. I arrived hungry and tired from a long tour. They happily ordered a great chicken shish kebab supper from Ziya, a top notch local resto for me, so I wouldn't have to go out to eat.
The breakfast has the largest variety I have ever seen in Turkey. It's included in the price of the room. Ural, the fellow in charge, is very friendly, and can be persuaded to a make a cup of real Turkish coffee, or a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. There's a beautiful outdoor terrase on the roof off the dinng-room.
Ask for a room away from the street if noise is an issue for you.

Room Tip: Away from the street with the tram. I had #108
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel definitely has some good and also some bad sides. The first plus must be the location, which is just a few steps away from the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque and Topkapi palace. It's within the walking distance to the Grand Bazaar and close to the tram stop. The room was really nice and clean with a nice view on a smaller mosque, the staff was also really nice and helpful. Regarding the price we got a special deal a few months earlier, so it was really resonable, but the full price would be a bit too high for us.
And there were some minuses, the first would definitely be the NOISE. Maybe we just had an "unlucky" room because it was facing the street - the tram, mentioned above as a plus became a minus in the night and in the morning, also the praying from the little mosque, which woke me up on the first morning, when I was still really tired. The breakfast wasn't to die for, the food tasted a bit stale to me, so I had more "neutral" food for the next days (or went out for a breakfast).
All in all it was a nice hotel and we both would (and maybe will) return again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel offers clean and spacious rooms just a few steps from Hagia Sofia,Blue Mosque and the main attractions that every tourist who arrives in Istanbul for the first time has to visit.The tramway station called Gulhane is 3 minutes away.The breakfast provides a big variety of selection and the people working there are really kind and speak English fluently.In our opinion it's worth every euro that we have spent.The only problem is that there's no elevator .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed there for about a week. Though the room was small and had a window facing the wall of Archaeological Museum, it was clean and tidy. The housekeeping was doing her job so well. She was a nice lady who knew no English word but her smile was warm enough to make you feel welcome. We thought that the Safe Deposit Box should have been attached to the wall. It was movable and it could just be taken out. Anyway we didn't lose anything. The staffs were very friendly. The breakfast buffet was exceptional. The location is perfect. It was near the Tram Sultanahmet Station, Haghia Sophia, Arcaheological Museum, Blue Mosque and Topkapi. Since it was near the Tram, it was noisy from 6 AM till 1 AM. Anyway I got used the motor noise the second day. Besides we were out of the hotel till 2 AM most nights. There was a TV set on the wall with a power standby light which I never figured out how to turn off. It was bothersome to me because I always sleep in a totally dark room. We only had one bad incident there: I was having a shower when the water suddenly became too hot and then the water just stopped. I called the reception and then went down there myself to ask about it. Not long afterwards, water was back. At least the staff solved the problem right away. My Travel Buddy had similar experience bit later on that same day. It was generally a pleasant stay in this hotel. Exceeded my expectation :)

Room Tip: Request for a room with a window that faces an open space.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A good hotel, location is excellent, next to Aya Sophia, good breakfast, clean rooms, and best of all: super-friendly people. The entrance is small, and sometimes u miss it...

I took the double room, and they didn't have one anymore, so they gave me a triple room...

• Stayed: February 2013