“Private day tour of Istanbul”

Arif Yasa - Private Tours
Ranked #9 of 86 Food & Drink in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Authentic high quality private and small group tours focusing on history,culture and food in Istanbul and Turkey to experience real Turkey by experienced, qualified and enthusiastic tour guides and travel specialists. Arif Yasa has got 18 years experience of organizing and leading tours in Istanbul and all around Turkey.
Reviewed September 4, 2018

We had a private date tour of Istanbul for a family of 4 including two children (ages 9 & 7). Our guide Hussain was incredibly patient as our kids didn't particularly enjoy the sites or walking in the heat, but we were determined to make the most of the 1 full day we had in istanbul. We went to the Blue mosque, Agia Sophia, to a traditional rug manufacturer, through the Grand Bazzar, stopped at the spice market for some great turkish delight and did the bospherous cruise. Personally I could have left off the cruise as you don't see too much but it was still enjoyable. It was a great way to see as much as possible in a short time and I would recommend over doing a larger group tour which would be hectic in the crowds.

Date of experience: August 2018
"turkish delight"
"culture"
in 32 reviews

Reviewed August 5, 2018

3 other couple friends of ours and us did a tour in Central and Western Turkey with Arif Yasa of Experta from June 14 to July 1 2018. We wanted to emphasize historical places as well as geographical beauty and of course the Turkish Cuisine. Our tour started in Istanbul with backstreet walks and sampling of Turkish delicacies, a visit to the incredible GrandBazaar before we flew off to Central Anatolia, the Capadoccia Region for a magical sunrise balloon ride, walks through the incredible Goreme valley and underground cities. The rest of our tour was on a comfortable van and we descended to the Mediterranean coast, doing a day on a boat in the beautiful Kekova region and tasting the delicacies of the area. Through the journey we stopped at incredible ruins in places like Aspendos, Patara, Xantos, Ephesus, Bergama.. two night on a boat in the famous Gocek region was incredibly beautiful and relaxing. We drove north to the charming village of Asos and then Troy; visited a couple of marvellous boutique wineries here before finishing our tour back in beautiful Istanbul. Even though it was a journey full of activities and places to see, Arif was very relaxed and flexible and we had a great time. Arif is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to all of the historical places and heritage sites and it was great fun to listen to his stories from Homer's writings. He went beyond his normal duties to make us comfortable and to provide us with great information and insight. I would very strongly recommend his travel services and will be asking for assistance again in any future travels through Turkey.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed July 13, 2018

My husband and I just finished a 15 day private tour of Turkey with Arif Yasa and 3 other couples. I would highly recommend this tour with Arif to anyone, especially if you can get 4 couples together. The tour included visiting numerous historical sites and varied cultural experiences. Arif is very personable and also very knowledgeable about the history of Turkey and its culture. If I decide to visit Turkey again I will definitely try to engage Arif as my tour guide!

The tour included a bit of everything that Turkey has to offer; so much history and culture to experience. If this review sparks your interest and to really appreciate all that our tour included contact Arif and ask him for a copy of our tour!.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed March 23, 2018

I can't thank Arif enough for all the arrangements he did for me & my friend Rosa. He accommodated all my requests (no matter how trivial). I have traveled many places & countries but I have not had any tour expert more deserving of the title "expert". Great work ethics & incomparable knowledge of the place, its people, &history. His work ethics is just plain admirable. There were many favorite moments in this trip, it will be hard for me to choose! The tour was worth every penny. We only did not meet a tour guide, we made a friend in Arif!

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Lala_Gozar
Arif Y, Sahibi at Arif Yasa - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Hi Lala,
Thank for your review and I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us in Turkey. Hope to see you in Turkey again.
Regards,

See more reviews
Reviewed March 14, 2018

We only had two weeks to prepare for an 8-day visit to Turkey. My friend Lala found Arif on Trip Advisor, and what followed was pure bliss and stress-free arrangement. He was very professional and responded to emails in such a timely manner (don't you just hate it when tour guides put you on your toes and abated breath, wondering if things are being arranged!). He took us back in time, in his informative and yep, sometimes cheeky perspective about the unfolding of history in Istanbul, Ephesus, and Cappadocia. The hour-walk at Rose Valley was the best (well, okay, 2nd to the balloon ride) - when he was in his most relaxed manner, sharing personal views and experiences. A trip of a lifetime not wasted I must say.

Date of experience: March 2018
Arif Y, Sahibi at Arif Yasa - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Thank you Rosa for a your nice review and thoughts. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your time in Turkey with us. Hope to see you again.
All the best,