“Wonderful Tour and Guide”

Arif Yasa - Private Tours
Ranked #21 of 80 Food & Drink in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Authentic high quality private and small group tours focusing on history,culture and food in Istanbul and Turkey to experience real Turkey by experienced, qualified and enthusiastic tour guides and travel specialists. Arif Yasa has got 18 years experience of organizing and leading tours in Istanbul and all around Turkey.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

In May, we spent 2 half days and two full days before departing on a cruise touring Istanbul and the Bosphorus with Arif Yasa. He was a wonderful tour guide taking us to many key touring sites, but also exposing us to everyday life in the very metropolitan Istanbul. Arif is very knowledgeable and provided historical perspective as we visited a truly amazing city. We enjoyed crossing the Bosphorus over to the Asia side of Istanbul for the Sunset Tour, visiting several famous Mosques, the Cistern, the Topkapi Palace, the Bosphorus Cruise, and the Bazaars. Arif also introduced us to local food, drinks and transportation including the bus/tram and ferry system, and a wonderful Iznik pottery place at the Bazaar. He was always timely, polite, helpful, and our conversations were very interesting and informative. We only wish we could have spent more time in Istanbul and the rest of Turkey. I would highly recommend Arif and his company!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We just completed a two week private tour of Turkey. Arif Yasa and his partners provided amazing service in every aspect of the trip from pre-planning, flexibility during the trip, access 24/7 not to mention his knowledge, friendliness and courtesy. Arif was our personal guide one day in Istanbul and his partner, Erkan was our guide on another day. Arif arranged knowledgeable guides and drivers for us in each of the places in Turkey we wanted to visit. We saw all the sites in Istanbul, visited Cappadocia and took an amazing early morning hot air balloon ride, went to Ephasis and finished in Fethiye with 3 nights on a gulet with 10 other people on the Mediterranean. We were met at airports, driven to our hotels given private time, recommendations for eateries and had all of our questions answered. If you are going to Turkey, and you SHOULD, you must select Arif Yasa for your private tour.

1  Thank 700Traveler
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Really lovely guide with fantastic knowledge of Istanbul. Knows everywhere and brings you to cool unusual places. Gives good advice on shopping and generally a very interesting person. Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our family of 5 just spent a wonderful day with Erkan. He was patient, caring, knowledgeable and totally adapted to our needs. He acted with complete integrity--discouraging us from spending money in areas he called "slaughterhouse for tourists". In fact he did not push ANYTHING on us and thank fully we did no shopping. He answered all of my questions regarding where in the city to get certain items we wanted and other activities we were interested in. We saw Topkapi palace (including the Haraam, for which we paid additional entrance fees), Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Sultanahmet, Grand Bazaar. I was having a difficult time walking because of an injured heel and he slowed the pace of the tour to my (many ) needs. He even helped me find a store to go buy new shoes that would help me walk better--going well out of the way through rush hour traffic to take me to a mall to buy the right shoes. He even looked up an found a shoe store for me on his smartphone. Lovely--just what you want from a private tour guide.

1  Thank sssbbb
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family recently visited these two Turkish cities on a cruise with Celebrity Cruise Lines. We enjoy more of a private tour rather than the crowded bus tours. We booked months in advance with Arif Yasa. Let me just say in a few words that they were nothing short of outstanding. They were kind, prompt, informative, considerate, flexible, and the service and spacious van was top of the line. I would recommend them to anyone considering a private tour in this area. Their prices are also first rate for what you receive!!

Anthony D.