“The best private tour we've ever had”

Arif Yasa - Private Tours
Ranked #18 of 74 Food & Drink in Istanbul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Authentic high quality private and small group tours focusing on history,culture and food in Istanbul and Turkey to experience real Turkey by experienced, qualified and enthusiastic tour guides and travel specialists. Arif Yasa has got 18 years experience of organizing and leading tours in Istanbul and all around Turkey.
Springfield, VA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“The best private tour we've ever had”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We just completed a two week private tour of Turkey. Arif Yasa and his partners provided amazing service in every aspect of the trip from pre-planning, flexibility during the trip, access 24/7 not to mention his knowledge, friendliness and courtesy. Arif was our personal guide one day in Istanbul and his partner, Erkan was our guide on another day. Arif arranged knowledgeable guides and drivers for us in each of the places in Turkey we wanted to visit. We saw all the sites in Istanbul, visited Cappadocia and took an amazing early morning hot air balloon ride, went to Ephasis and finished in Fethiye with 3 nights on a gulet with 10 other people on the Mediterranean. We were met at airports, driven to our hotels given private time, recommendations for eateries and had all of our questions answered. If you are going to Turkey, and you SHOULD, you must select Arif Yasa for your private tour.

1 Thank 700Traveler

• Turkish first
Dublin, ireland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Excellent guide”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Really lovely guide with fantastic knowledge of Istanbul. Knows everywhere and brings you to cool unusual places. Gives good advice on shopping and generally a very interesting person. Highly recommend.

Villanova, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A personal, warm experience of landmarks of Istanbul”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our family of 5 just spent a wonderful day with Erkan. He was patient, caring, knowledgeable and totally adapted to our needs. He acted with complete integrity--discouraging us from spending money in areas he called "slaughterhouse for tourists". In fact he did not push ANYTHING on us and thank fully we did no shopping. He answered all of my questions regarding where in the city to get certain items we wanted and other activities we were interested in. We saw Topkapi palace (including the Haraam, for which we paid additional entrance fees), Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, Sultanahmet, Grand Bazaar. I was having a difficult time walking because of an injured heel and he slowed the pace of the tour to my (many ) needs. He even helped me find a store to go buy new shoes that would help me walk better--going well out of the way through rush hour traffic to take me to a mall to buy the right shoes. He even looked up an found a shoe store for me on his smartphone. Lovely--just what you want from a private tour guide.

1 Thank sssbbb
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Istanbul and Kusadasi at its finest”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family recently visited these two Turkish cities on a cruise with Celebrity Cruise Lines. We enjoy more of a private tour rather than the crowded bus tours. We booked months in advance with Arif Yasa. Let me just say in a few words that they were nothing short of outstanding. They were kind, prompt, informative, considerate, flexible, and the service and spacious van was top of the line. I would recommend them to anyone considering a private tour in this area. Their prices are also first rate for what you receive!!

Anthony D.

Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent two-day tour of Istanbul + Ephesus”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I booked a two day tour of Istanbul, followed by a day tour of Ephesus with Arif at Private Tours. Arif was quick to respond to emails and picked-up his phone the couple of times we called him. Our tour guide, Ibrahim, met us at the cruise terminal and greeted us warmly. We used public transportation (a few stops on the trolley) to arrive at Topaki Palace, Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. Ibrahim was a wealth of information about Turkey, Istanbul and the history of the sites we visited. We never felt rushed, yet we saw so much in one day! We had a relaxing lunch near the Blue Mosque, and also visited the Basilica Cistern. The second day, Ibrahim took us to the Grand Bazaar and the Spice Market. He guided us through the maze of shops, provided information, and helped us with some shopping.
We also visited Ephesus, where we did a private tour with Vulcom. For this tour, we had a twenty minute drive from the cruise terminal to Ephesus in a well-apportioned vehicle. Ephesus was amazing, and again, our guide was very informative, and easy to talk to. We had a traditional Turkish lunch close to the ancient city, then we visited the Church of Saint John and the Temple of Artemis. After returning to the cruise terminal, I realized I had left my camera in the car! We called Arif and within 10 minutes the driver was back with our camera. Thank you Arif and Private Tours. We had a amazing three days in Turkey.

Visited July 2013