“Amazing Stay!”
Review of Senatus Hotel

Senatus Hotel
Ranked #133 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed July 23, 2014

As a frequent traveler, I've stayed in many hotels in various different cities across the world. Senatus is by far my top favorite hotel. Affordable, EXTREMELY clean, perfect location and friendly, helpful staff. I will recommend Senatus to anyone and everyone. No matter if you are traveling on a budget, or looking for luxury, Senatus offers it all.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amanda E
There are newer reviews for Senatus Hotel

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed at Senatus Hotel for a long weekend and it was the perfect choice. This modern and clean Hotel is situated right in the Old City in Akbiybik Street which is buzzing with bars and people and just a minute from the must-see sights. Still, it is quiet at night! The staff was very friendly and extremely helpfull. Breakfast is typically Turkish and continiously refilled.
We would come back any time and you should, too.

Room Tip: Any room is a good choice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The location was perfect, within a few minutes walking distance from major tourist spots in the old Sultanahmet (OS) area. One can find enough restaurants, patisseries, etc in the OS area as well.

The staff was very courteous and helpful and gave a few good travel suggestions. However, I would suggest travelers to ultimately take an independent decision as the staff can be a bit 'pushy' about which tour companies to choose.

The rooms were quite well-appointed but do not expect a view from any room as the entire area is quite congested. I'm sure other hotels in the area cannot offer 'rooms with a view' either. The location makes up for the congestion though.

I must also complement Senatus on the breakfast spread which was quite ample with enough vegetarian options. I found breakfast spreads across Turkey (generally) to be much better than in some other places in Europe as they have more variety and more vegetarian options and lots of fruits.

Room Tip: Not much differentiation between rooms i would say.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed at the Senatus Hotel for 5 days in Istanbul.The hotel is located in the heart of everything, restaurants, stores and the sights.The staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable, breakfast was good, with a large variety of food.I would recommend the Senatus Hotel to all my friends. I would especially like to thank Canberk Derinpikal for his amazing help.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nunzia B
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I'm an international flight attendant so have seen countless hotels around the world! This genuinely was one of the best! It's small & quaint but everything you would possibly want or need in the heart of Istanbul! The staff are fabulous! Canberk especially, went OUT of his way to make our stay perfect & even improved our own plans by suggesting AND organising tours & things to see/do. If we hadn't followed his advice we truly would've missed some of the most memorable moments of our trip! Canberk went above & beyond in numerous ways! I became obsessed with the apple tea the hotel served, knowing this, Canberk bought some for me & MAILED it to our hotel at our next destination!!! Now I have a piece of Turkey which I can enjoy at home! In a matter of days, we had built a friendship with Canberk & the other staff & we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else should we return to Istanbul. There was nothing more we could've asked for... The rooms are stunning and we weren't even in the top room! The beds are very comfortable (which matters!!!), the breakfast provided is ample & the location is IDEAL!!! Quite literally a 10/10 for Senatus!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank katicable
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I was so impressed immediately buy this hotel, the staff were magnificent especially the manager Canberk. He was so helpful, welcoming & just overall a godsend! If I was to come back to turkey again this will be my choice of hotel. I loved the location, nice and close to everything important. Take me back to turkey!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Cora M
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Have just had a great stay in the Senatus Hotel and would highly recommend it. A superb location, nice rooms, spotlessly clean and staff who did everything they could to make sure we had an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the opposite side of the Main Street so don't know if the street rooms are nois...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple