“Best Baklava and Loukum in Sultanahmet”

Hafiz Mustafa 1864, Sirkeci
Ranked #4 of 429 Dessert in Istanbul
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place is great i love the Baklava and the Loukum there for me one
of the best place in Sultanahmet verry big choice and also good other deserts
I try out many other places but this is the best so go and try it verry easy to find
is lokated in the main street Divanyolu.
Im hope you will like it
Daniel

hafiz1864, Owner at Hafiz Mustafa 1864, Sirkeci, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear Hafiz Mustafa 1864 Guest,

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us your positive comments and recommendations. It is always our goal to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and we are delighted to read that you had a pleasant dessert experience in our store in Sultanahmet.
All of your comments are greatly valued by us and we looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
Hafiz Mustafa 1864

Write a ReviewReviews (4,713)

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was the only place I visited every single day while I was in Istanbul.

We discovered it more or less by chance (not following any guide, but still difficult to miss out if you look where you are walking by), tried some rice pudding - sültaç (fantastic!) and other desserts (different sorts of baklava, the açure) and drinks (tea and orange, lemon juice)... and kept coming back.

In the end, one of the things we'll miss more from Istanbul, and I mean it, won't be the mosques or the amazing landscapes of the city, but Hafiz Mustafa's appealing counters filled with good-looking and tasty desserts, the kindness of its people, the great menu they have (congrats to the editors btw.) and above all, the sültaç!

You won't be wrong with this :)

hafiz1864, Owner at Hafiz Mustafa 1864, Sirkeci, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Hafiz Mustafa 1864 Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and detailed review and also for your recommendations on TripAdvisor. It was indeed a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our with rice pudding, different sorts of baklava, aşure, drinks and our friendly staff. Your review has been shared with all our team members which has given us more encouragement to continue improving the quality of our service.
We highly appreciate your opinion and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you walk around Sultanahmet you will see literally hundreds of places offering baclava, turkish delight (lokum) or both. However, no matter what time you go, the only place that is consistently full and consistently full with locals is Hafiz Mustafa.

There are many copy-cats with names like Hafiz Ahmet and so on.

The full test is a valid one as everything they have is delicious. In particular, I would recommend the puddings and of course the turkish delight.

1  Thank treepondersleaf
hafiz1864, Owner at Hafiz Mustafa 1864, Sirkeci, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Hafiz Mustafa 1864 Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your wonderful experience and sharing your recommendations on Trip Advisor. It is very rewarding when a guest recognizes our efforts, our desserts quality and high level of service.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was heading back to my hotel after shopping on Istiklal St, walked by, and had to do a u-turn after seeing the window display. I had to get some baklava to bring back so decided to buy them there after seeing the large selection and also other Turkish sweets. These sweets not only look good, but taste good also. I have a sweet tooth and I know every time I come back to Istanbul I will drop in for a quick bite and grab some for souvenirs.

hafiz1864, Owner at Hafiz Mustafa 1864, Sirkeci, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Hafiz Mustafa 1864 Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are delighted to hear that you liked our baklava and other desserts. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are very proud to know that we were able to create a memorable experience for you.

We do hope that you will be able to visit us again very soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

What a taste! we discovered Hafız Mustafa by chance, walking to/from Taksim from our hotel... they treat us locum pieces right on the street, so we entered. Apocalypse! what else to say! best baklava we ever tasted. Spotless clean place with imperial ambiance inside, polite waiters, and vacuumed locum boxes to take back home. Now I'm back visiting the site on the internet, read about Mustafa's history, feeling so petty not able to taste all the rest on the menu I didn't have the time to... surely I'll be back soon, so keep your quality high! ;-)

Dear Hafiz Mustafa 1864 Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and detailed review. We always strive to provide an exceptional service to our guests and are very glad to hear that you had a memorable experience. We are delighted to know that you liked our delicious baklava, lokum and friendly service. Your comments have been passed on to our staff and they are very grateful for your kind words.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.