“A long walk but worth it”
Review of Aloran Cafe & Restaurant - CLOSED

Aloran Cafe & Restaurant
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Dubai
“A long walk but worth it”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We got lost trying to find this restaurant but it turned out that the long walk was worth the experience. The people are very nice, food is good and the ambience is almost perfect. My wife is a strict vegetarian and she found the vegetarian dishes to be nice. I thoroughly enjoyed the kababs. My wife also go a gift from the proprietor at the end besides the Turkish delight which was on the house. And yes, the backlava was out of the world.

• Visited March 2014

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Matched trip advisor rating”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews which were excellent and we were not disappointed. It was our first experience of traditional Turkish food and won't be our last. Service was excellent.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I thought we'd give Aloran a go, as it had such great reviews. We ordered the Testy Kebab and it was absolutely amazing...one of the tastiest meals I'd had in a very long time. Service was impeccable and we even got one of the Testy pots to take home with us. We were so impressed with the food that we came back the next night and had a fantastic meal once again. I would definitely recommend this place, as the people are friendly, warm and welcoming and the food couldn't be any better!

Ealing
“A Little Gem”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We chose this restaurant on our first night in Istanbul based on the Trip Advisor reviews – we were not disappointed. It is a very simple looking restaurant and although it has one of those guys trying to get you in – he is very polite and does not hassle like many of the others. The menu is traditional Turkish and there is loads of choice. We chose the cold meze starter for two – which comes with lovely bread – we also got some complimentary olives – it was really delicious and a good generous portion too. My partner then had the Special Aloran Kebab & I had the grilled lamb chops – both meals were outstanding. Special kebab had everything and lamb chops grilled to perfection – both meals were served with rice, vegetables and some potato. We also had desserts – my partner had the baklava which he said was lovely – I went for the banana pancake which was less so.

The service is attentive but not overly intrusive. We were offered brandies on the house and the bill was very reasonable - under £50 total which was amazing given how well we had eaten – and that was also including a bottle of wine and a couple of beers.

All in all a place we will definitely return to should we go back to Istanbul – unfussy, good service, good food, good prices – oh and they gave me a little gift when we left.

1 Thank 43Seconds
Hamilton, Canada
“Good food and friendly service”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This was our last dinner in Istanbul. The food was very flavourful and service friendly.

We also ordered a bottle of Turkish red wine and really enjoyed it.

The complementary pomegranate sauce with olive oil and bread as well as the dessert was a nice touch. I also also received a special souvenir.

Service was very friendly and attentive.

3 Thank HojasRojas