“WOW”
Review of Aloran Cafe & Restaurant - CLOSED

Aloran Cafe & Restaurant
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sultanahmet
Norfolk, England
“WOW”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

What can I say that hasn't already been said, Aloran Cafe is a truly wonderful experience. Using caution having had a bad experience our waiter Veyse soon had us at ease and we were settled and enjoying the party atmosphere in no time. We didn't ask for but were served bread and olives for aperitifs, my kebab was divine, beer was good and prices were low. watching the clay pot kebab rituals was entertaining and we all had a thoroughly good evening. All the ladies were given a gift on departing but mainly the price on the menu was the one that we paid except I always tip very well a genuine business. Thanks Veyse for a great evening out.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Middle East
“Food & Service”
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We went to Aloran after reading Trip Advisor reviews and it was true. The place is nice, all the staff are friendly and entertaining, also Fatih was really helpful in advising us about the menu.

The food is very good and tasty, with big portions where you can find a mix of veg, rice, baked potato and the main item (chicken).

The prices are good compared to portions, and they offered us hot bread with dips for free, also they offered free coffee and tea at the end of the meal.

Overall, the place, food, staff are worth the visit.

I used the trip adviser directions, however it was not accurate, we reached the restaurant while it was still showing around 200 feet away, so be careful and look around if you are using it.

Basel, Switzerland
“great place with nice entertaining staff”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

the food was delicious.... during our 5 days' visit in istanbul we went there twice for dinner .... and were not disappointed! the staff very friendly and entertaining! especially our son melvin was well entertained! will come back!!

• Visited March 2013
Turin, Italy
“No complaints”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is were me and my mom had our first dinner in Istanbul, after reading a lot of positive reviews on Tripadvisor. It was my second time in this beautiful city, but I hadn't tried this restaurant during my first trip.
I have to say it was better than the ones I had been to in 2011: the staff was nice and hospitable, the food was good (try the Testy kebab, they cook it in a terracotta jar which is broken in front of you) and they offered us an apple chay to end our meal. The price is right for the quality and the position (very close to the Blue Mosque).
I would come back if I had a chance to come back to Istanbul for a third time.
Thank you from Italy!

Cave Creek, Arizona
“Outstanding”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Great place: wonderful local food, great atmosphere, and excellent value in both food and wine. You will enjoy this restaurant. One of our party, a vegetarian, ordered pasta and even that was outstanding. Aloran deserves every bit of its high ranking.

Visited April 2013